Favorite video game environments?

Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Mister_Snig

What are your favorite environments/cities/levels/areas/whatever from video games?

I really like Sanctuary Fortress from Metroid Prime 2. It has a really strong Tron influence, but besides that, it just looks fucking awesome.

Not a very good picture of it, but just to give you an idea of how cyberpunk it feels, if you haven't played the game before...

The environment from Shadow of the Colossus really gets me too. Sure most of it is just rolling fields, but areas like gardens and abandoned temples are really breathtaking. And fields like the one you're in when you first exit the temple have a very theatrical, tranquil atmosphere that no other game I've played has.

One more would be the Aperture Science Enrichment Center. I love how the sterile, clean atmosphere of the test chambers transitioned into the abandoned, twisted feel of the "behind the scenes" area. While it wasn't anything terribly interesting, I liked how the Behind the Scenes area was introduced.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Definitely gotta agree about SOTC,that game was amazing. I'd have to also say Assassin's Creed,not because I thought the game was that great,or even that its one of my favorite environments,I'm saying it because it was something different though for sure. Recreating those historical cities I thought was pretty impressive.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

Agree with all of snigs comments :)

I dont particularly LIKE and environment -  but i hate SNOW LEVELS

No matter what game - no matter what GENRE

Theres always a snow area -and it always sucks  - theres nothign good about snow :'(

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Black_Rose
I didn't like SF much, my favorite environment from Prime 2 was Temple Grounds. But my Favorite of all time is Lake Hylia from Twilight Princess, in fact the whole Hyrule was amazing.

(not the best picture)
Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Arestice

I totally dig Tomahna from Myst IV.

Tomahna Night
Tomahna Night

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By BoG

Mass Effect had an excellent environment in the main areas. I was blown away each time I took on a new quest to progress through the story.
Of course, my favorite environment was Shadow of the Colossus. I will never forget the gorgeous landscapes in that game.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By Cube

Anything really colorful/Tropical

For example, the Honey Hive and Beach Bowl Galaxies from SMG.