• 68 results
#1 Posted by MurderSlingshot (72 posts) -

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum aspect of Giant Bomb so I figured I'd try it out. This is a question that is normally interesting because I usually get really varied answers. My favourite pokemon is Houndoom. I love the idea of walking through a region with a pokemon literally at your side and I like that idea even more when you have a dog that can breath fire at your side.

#2 Edited by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Lavitar is pretty awesome, either that or Teddiursa. Seeing as they both evolve into badasses.

#3 Edited by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

In before KOFFING.

#4 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

Scyther because Scyther

#5 Posted by Jams (2966 posts) -

Let me jump back to '97 and as my 12 year old self.

#6 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Growlithe/Arcanine because it's a fucking lion-dog.

Boss

Totodile is a close second followed by Tyranitar.

#7 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Squirtle when he wears those dope sunglasses.

#8 Edited by ajamafalous (12161 posts) -

Hard to say. Absol maybe?

Not really sure I have a favorite, to be honest.

#9 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1146 posts) -

#10 Edited by SerHulse (688 posts) -

Noctowl

Because he's an owl.

#11 Edited by CoinMatze (475 posts) -

SHROOMISH!!! Just look at it! It's a cranky mushroom thing. How awesome is that? And it evolves into Breloom, which is a pretty useful Pokemon.

#12 Posted by stonepawfox (236 posts) -

toss up between sneasel, vulpix, glaceon, and the terrifying might of dunsparce

#13 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3821 posts) -

Gah its Cubone cause that guy is so fuckin emo. He wears the skull of his dead mother and waps people around with her bones. That's some dark deep shit man, nobody wants to hang around a debby downer let alone fight one.

#14 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

Kadabra/Alakazam are my favourites, gameplay wise, because they rip shit apart with their spoons and shit.

Otherwise I'd have to go with both Slowbro and Weepinbell. They look like dudes I'd like to hang out with.

#15 Edited by JasonR86 (9728 posts) -

Pikachu because it's the only one I know.

#16 Edited by OfficeGamer (1086 posts) -

I watched Pokemon as a fifth grader like 12 years ago, I used to run home to watch the show. Since then I haven't seen anything Pokemon - never played the games either.

From those days my favorite was the red one with the fire because when he evolves into a dragon and becomes distant from the kid and disobedient, I think that was the first time I ever felt melancholic, and seeing the kid's reactions and alienated face painted in disbelief taught me for the first time what heart break was.

#17 Edited by Marokai (3150 posts) -

Mr. Mime, because he's cool looking and humanoid enough to be useful in everyday chores.

#18 Edited by Lorbst (77 posts) -

Gloom. Because it's fucking cute!

#19 Posted by 49th (2850 posts) -

Primape because he doesn't give a shit. He will kill you with fists for no reason.

#20 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2410 posts) -

Growlithe

#21 Posted by FourWude (2245 posts) -

Psyduck.

The duck has crippling depression and a raft of mental issues. But he keeps on plugging on.

#22 Posted by notdavid (842 posts) -

Mankey because he's so goddamn pissed.

#23 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

I'm from the old generation of Pokemon, and I don't really like Pokemon anymore. When I did like Pokemon, I had several favorites.

Eevee, because of the many forms that it can take.

Articuno, because I like birds... I guess?

Gengar, because of that crazy smile

Charizard, because he is a very strong fire pokemon

Pikachu, because... do I really have to explain that?

Mew, because he was the coolest and newest Pokemon.

Psyduck, because of what FourWude said.

and Alakazam, because he likes bending spoons.

#24 Edited by MarekkPie (73 posts) -

Vaporeon. All other answers are wrong.

#25 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

Charizard because its fucking Charizard. Cyndaquil is a close second because he's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

#26 Posted by Nightriff (5362 posts) -

Blastoise because he has fucking water canons, and kicks charizard's ass easily

#27 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

Jigglypuff, because I use her in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

#28 Edited by Aegon (5840 posts) -

Whichever one does the most damage.

#29 Posted by Chop (1998 posts) -

Pikachu, because he's fucking adorable

#30 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

My criteria for a pokemon being good is usually just two things. A, do they look cool? And B, do they have a good overall potential? Here's some off the top of my head.

Charizard because it was my first good pokemon as a kid

Rhydon, Nidoking, and Aggron because they're cool looking and tough as hell (usually)

Alakazam and Gardevoir because I love having at least one psychic pokemon and these two are always my go to. Alakazam can be crazy good if you put some time into training.

Absol because it has blades coming out of its body. It can also be an amazingly strong pokemon

Starmie and Gyarados because you always have to have surf so you might as well put it on someone good

Froslass because it's somewhat of a rare thing to see and it's capable of being a real asshole in battle

Ok, I look like the biggest nerd now, so I'll stop.

#31 Posted by NoMoreMutants (66 posts) -

I'm partial to Blaziken myself, I remember thinking he looked like Sunfire from X-Men which I though was awesome. Shout outs to Nidoking, Poliwrath and Bulbasaur.

#32 Posted by Itwongo (1245 posts) -

Scrafty because pants

#33 Posted by DarthOrange (3906 posts) -
#34 Edited by Killroycantkill (1424 posts) -

Scizor because metal scyther.

#35 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1482 posts) -

#36 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Venusaur is the hardest motherfucker on the First Generation block.

#37 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Take a guess.

Zoroark's ability (Illusion) is freaking awesome. Playing mind games with one in a match is so much fun, especially if your opponent has no idea it's coming.

#38 Posted by Ryuku_Ryosake (217 posts) -

Totodile. I remember before pretty much any info about the 2nd Gen game were out in America. I went to the mall one day and a place was selling japanese Pokemon cards and they had a Totodile card I had to have it. Totodile was instantly my favorite Pokemon and I would stare at that card waiting for the day I could get my own Totodile. Never before or after have I ever been so hyped for anything in my life. Also it doesn't hurt that he was Ash's best pokemon in the anime.

#39 Edited by Butler (392 posts) -

#40 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2615 posts) -

Blastoise easily. Turtles are my favorite animals and when I was like 4 and saw Blastoise for the first time I nearly crapped my pants.

Squirtle would be second and Cyndaquil third.

#41 Edited by Krataur (410 posts) -

Scyther because Scyther

This. Same Pokemon, same reason.

Shout outs to Bulbasaur, Gengar, Cyndaquil, Heracross, Golem, and Mewtwo.

#42 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Charizard because he is a fucking dragon! I also thought Arbok looked really awesome but I never liked how he played so I never got to use him until they added dark powers to the game and I got to keep him as my token dark character for when a Psi pokemon would appear. I also loved Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam and the Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar evolutions.

#43 Posted by Petiew (1361 posts) -

Wobbuffet of course. He's crazy looking and surprisingly overpowered, plus the female version looks even funnier.

#44 Posted by Reisz (1527 posts) -

Charmander, because CHAR MAN DER. also Nine tails, I drew a picture of one for a girl I liked in Highschool, always thought a cool nine tailed fox would be a pretty rockin' pet to have.

#45 Posted by Irvandus (2890 posts) -

@serhulse said:

Noctowl

Because he's an owl.

Hell to the yeah!

#46 Posted by Picsl (195 posts) -

Blastoise is a blue turtle with cannons on his back... 'Nuff said!

#47 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

Bulbasaur, always thought he was the best looking Pokemon, the right blend of animal and weird shit. Always been partial to Haunter and whatever Evee's Electric evolved form was, Voltureon or something.

#48 Edited by StrainedEyes (1333 posts) -

Bulbasaur. The first one I ever chose. Still rock a Venusaur whenever possible.

#49 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3790 posts) -

Gengar, because this is too good.

#50 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (6002 posts) -

Haunter EDIT: The reason why is he always shows up on my team, just out of nowhere.