Feature idea: Hacker Extravaganza!

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Sin4profit

With the now released Hacker Evolution Duality on Steam, and closing in on the cyber hacker world of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, i was thinking it would be interesting for Giant Bomb to do a feature of Hacker related gaming. They've expressed their love for UPLINK in the past and i have to wonder if some users ever got a chance to see what that game is all about. The Hacker Evolution series ( Evolution & Untold ) is an interesting take on the Hacking sim catagory and this new release, Duality, is a very different game from the first two.

The idea is to have a hacker theme of quicklooks and throwbacks and possibly a feature of gaming allegories for in game hacking mechanics (Bioshock = Pipe Dream).

What hacking related games would you like to see featured?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

The interns will get right on it.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Sin4profit

@Video_Game_King: i hope so, that'd be fine...interns should also try their hand at flying in a flight sim...always entertaining to watch people who don't know what they're doing try to do highly complicated task.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By bcjohnnie

I'd be interested in a retrospective on "hacking" within games. The most fascinating hacking system I can think of was from System Shock 1, where you would go into this first-person polygon-based world and shoot at objects to gain computer access. It was a bit clunky, but it felt like I was actually attacking a computer system. All these hacking minigames today generally just annoy me.

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By zagzagovich

Yeah this would be cool even if the interns do it. Or at least a couple of quick looks.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Belonpopo

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers