• 174 results
#1 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

OK, I'm certain that a lot of the redesign is already planned and/or they're too far along to implement new features, but a man can dream, right?.....Anyway, what new features would you like to see come redesign time? Here, I'll start:

• Linkable captions
  • Wiki indexes (think franchise pages for non-game pages....or something like that)
  • Multiple release date fields on a game's page so I don't think a game was released outside Japan and then find out somebody forgot about the US part of the release date field
  • Quests to go away? (I swear I had a fourth thing to put here)

And now, you guys go.

#3 Posted by HatKing (6113 posts) -
  • Ability to flag polls
  • A better way to create video playlists
  • An option to turn off trailers in the 'random video' feature
  • Improved video player - but this seems silly to even bother saying
#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

More profile options! I love those!

#5 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Flaggable Polls.

A better way to actually search through videos since the video search doesn't work for your selected video section.

Oh, and to fix the wiki search bar. It's garbage as it is right now.

#6 Posted by TopSteer (677 posts) -

More than five podcasts per page.

#7 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

it would be cool to have a filter on the random video feature so i don't get trailers and stuff popping up all the time

#8 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Game-specific podcasts. Or just segement gamespecific talk on the Bombcast and attach them to the game's wiki site on GB. Because sometimes, I want to hear about a game, and not listen to a whole 3 hours show.

#9 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

Video sorting that takes into account video features added since the site a time when the site was pretty much broken up into quick looks, video reviews, and misc. Also, an easier method of browsing older videos than clicking through 5 pages at a time until you get all the way to the last page.

Keep in mind, I haven't watched any of the radio shows or other media detailing the new design.

#10 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I want them to bring back the ability to see a list of topcis I've posted.

#11 Posted by Zacagawea (1614 posts) -

@TopSteer said:

YES.

#12 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Ablity to add text to polls.

#13 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

An easier way to filter through Bombcasts and remove the post counter from the forums.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

Keep in mind, I haven't watched any of the radio shows or other media detailing the new design.

Neither have I, outside what I've put in the original post.

#15 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

An easier way to filter through Bombcasts and remove the post counter from the forums.

But how am I supposed to judge other users if I can't see their post counts?

What?

Reading their comments to see what kind of persons they are?

Nonsense!

#16 Posted by Nux (2424 posts) -

A way to que videos.

#17 Posted by dungbootle (2428 posts) -

User-made guides need to be more prominent, much more so. I would love our guide sections to begin to rival other sites, but its always just been so out of the way.

#18 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

Content.

OH SNAP! ROFLMAO GBHASFALLENSOFARFUCKCBS

But seriously... mostly just... some community features I guess.

#19 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

I would like to: Be able to flag polls, add text to them when i create them, and to be able to see the results(You couldn't vote in the poll after you saw the results, but it would be a neat thing.)

#20 Edited by kindone (2833 posts) -

I'll probably get yelled at for this, but maybe some forum signatures? I always found it fun to make some stuff up, and sometimes even helpful when people post commonly used FAQs, guides, and other stuff in their signature.

I'm a sucker for recognition, so maybe some sort of badge or "achievement" system for leveling? I see a lot of people on here with thousands of posts and I think it would be cool to have a "Call of Duty-esque" symbol next to your name. Hell, let us prestige to 0 posts! (lol)

Last one, karma. I know the moderators see a variation of this, but I would love to see a "like" button (without the obvious Facebook integration) so we can hide spammy posts, threads, and etc. Kind of like how Youtube handles it. I think it would also be neat to have a stand-alone conversation in the forums when responding to a specific post. What I mean is, if I respond to a post on the first page, my post is integrated under that person (after clicking an expansion button) instead of ending up on the 4th page.

@dungbootle said:

User-made guides need to be more prominent, much more so. I would love our guide sections to begin to rival other sites, but its always just been so out of the way.

This as well. Hell, even knowing the guides section exists, I completely forget to check it out when I'm looking for one.

#21 Posted by MisterSamMan (366 posts) -

Replace the bomb logo with Luchadeer.

#22 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

More profile options! I love those!

This.

#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

OK, for some reason, now I remember what I wanted to say before: a wiki rulebook. Now I don't mean stuff like "don't add titties to the wiki", but less formal things governing how pages are created. For example, what's the ruling on character pages for characters who don't physically appear in a game, but still have a great influence over the plot? Basically, I'd want a place where all verdicts on things like this are gathered in an easy-to-locate part of the site (instead of now, where I have to search through all the Delete/Combine threads for said rule).

#24 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Cloudenvy said:

What?

Nonsense!

You are a part of the problem!

#25 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

I know it's dumb/generic/not an easy thing to ask, but I'd like the site to be faster. Unless it just my computer, but GB has always felt really jerky and slow, even when no other sites do.

#26 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Cloudenvy said:

What?

Nonsense!

I was just making fun of what some users do. I was joking. I'm totally behind what you said.

Please don't kill me. Well, not now at least.

#27 Edited by burnttoast (27 posts) -

I know this will never happen, but i would like to see an upvote/downvote or rating on videos. The results can even be hidden. I feel like the only metric why GB does any content is 'why not' or that it is fun for them. Having at least a little bit of explicit, clear data on what the viewers enjoy would, I think, do a lot of good in the direction of content.

#28 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Cloudenvy said:

I was just making fun of what some users do. I was joking. I'm totally behind what you said.

Why don't you just unleash your GIFs on...her?

#29 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen:

I'll let you off this time, I'm busy with my donuts anyway.

#30 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Cloudenvy said:

I don't think I have a gif for this situation. Added to the "Things to find" list.

#31 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Cloudenvy said:

I don't think I have a gif for this situation. Added to the "Things to find" list.

I'm running out as it is, she wasn't in Nisemonogatari enough. Once her prequel movie comes out though...

Things will get so much better around here.
#32 Edited by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

I'll probably get yelled at for this, but maybe some forum signatures? I always found it fun to make some stuff up, and sometimes even helpful when people post commonly used FAQs, guides, and other stuff in their signature.

You can put all that in your mini bio right now. Just look at

#33 Posted by CountMacula (231 posts) -
  • Improved game credit system (I want the ability to sort based on job title etc.)
  • Ability to compare games and search for common elements
  • A more templated system for the wiki, e,g, a default layout for wiki pages that is different based on whether it is a person, game, concept etc.

I realise that these are much more back end stuff and won't be appearing in any kind of site redesign. Realistically I'd like to see a better way of highlighting what people in the community are doing with the site.

#34 Posted by Daiphyer (1352 posts) -

@dungbootle said:

WHAT. We have a guides section?! O_O

I know this is maybe too much to ask for, but if we could link the bombcasts in which a certain game was talked about to that game's page, that would be awesome.

#35 Edited by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

A better way to sort forum topics.

#36 Edited by ThePickle (4169 posts) -

@TopSteer said:

QFT. And an easier way to post GIFs.

#37 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

The ability to easily post gifs would be most enjoyable.

#38 Posted by jakob187 (21762 posts) -

Returned support for the achievements tracking. Ever since it fell through the cracks, I pretty much stopped caring...and that makes me sad.

#39 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@ThePickle said:

@TopSteer said:

@McGhee said:

Have you guys been reading this thread :P?

#40 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I'd like the ability to favourite individual threads as apposed to favouriting a whole forum section.

#41 Posted by probablytuna (3824 posts) -

It'd be cool if you can open a new page when searching for something on the database. Also, having an option to type which page of a video page would be cool. Say I want to go to Page 16 on the Quick Looks page I can type in '16' instead of having to click on the numbers which only show five at a time.

#42 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

The option to freely remove are own threads without asking a mod.

#43 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@ThePickle said:

@TopSteer said:

@McGhee said:

Have you guys been reading this thread :P?

If you're talking about those obnoxious anime gifs, yes, I saw those. I've posted gifs before. But it seemed when I tried to do it recently it wasn't working. I don't know. Making it easier would, you know, be easier.

#44 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@McGhee: I don't know, it doesn't get much easier than simply dragging the gif into the reply window on GB.

#45 Edited by Yummylee (22568 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@McGhee: I don't know, it doesn't get much easier than simply dragging the gif into the reply window on GB.

Wait so...

Well I'll be damned... it didn't work!

EDIT: Huzzah!

#46 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Yummylee: You learn something everyday!

#47 Posted by MaxxS (206 posts) -

Have they said they're working on a new credits page? Because the credits pages are awful.

#48 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Wiki history

#49 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: Holy shit! That You have my thanks, but others may not be quite so happy. hehe

#50 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Wait so...

Well I'll be damned... it didn't work!

EDIT: Huzzah!

I know right? Mind = blown.