RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By RedPanGamer
No Caption Provided

With the upcoming release of the PS4 also comes a new addition to one of my favorite game series

The inFAMOUS games have captivated me for years now. As a gamer and comic nerd it has the best of both worlds. As well as a lot of interesting things specific to itself.

• Engaging gameplay
  • Intense superpowers and combinations thereof
  • Parkour in an open world setting
  • Morality Choices (though a lot of the time they are a bit ridiculous)

And most of all

• A Great storyline

All of these combine to make a truly unique experience I’m particularly excited to see the transition from the comic book-esque cutscenes from inFAMOUS 1 & 2 to the street art or graffiti style for Second Son. The comic cutscenes were what first made me fall in love with the series, I dont remember that style being implemented as well before then.

inFAMOUS gave us a superhero comicbook world for adults in a time where people believe they are for children or that superhero games are childish or cheap in production value.

What i know for certain, is come the release of inFAMOUS: Second Son I will be in line for a collectors edition. Assuming they will have one.

its set for release early 2014!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Can't wait.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

inFAMOUS is one of my top ten games of the generation, and inFAMOUS 2 was no slouch either! I'm not completely sold on the new main character, but Second Son otherwise looks to continue the high degree of quality I've come to expect from this franchise. It's pretty high up there on the list of reasons why I'm pro-PS4 come next-gen.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

The inFamous franchise is very easily my personal favorite franchise in all of video games. I fucking love superheroes and these are the best superhero games ever (sit on it Batman!).

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

I'm not completely sold on the new main character, but Second Son otherwise looks to continue the high degree of quality I've come to expect from this franchise.

Because he is Native American? Racist!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

I really, really love the tightness of the gameplay in infamous... but I couldn't stand everything else. I felt the world was dull, boring, had nothing to do, the characters were really bad, and the story wasn't really that special. Also, the plot twist at the end of the first game was kind of stupid.

Also, while I do appreciate the parkour, I feel that it's outclassed by other games like AC and Mirrors Edge, which unfortunately negatively impacted my expectations of the game. It just feels too basic.

And also, I'm not enjoying the design of the new character. Cole was ok, a bit bland, but this guy is like the equivalent of playing as Avril Lavigne or something.

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedPanGamer

@darthorange: its hard to make a good super hero game, but the arkham games also did a very good job of it! so we have inFAMOUS and arkham so far :o

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: i understand where you're coming from however i LOVE Assassin's Creed but the parkour in that game is literally "hold this button and run towards wall/obstacle"

in Infamous you have to direct where you are going more and jump from object to object rather than just kinda holding a direction and going that way for the most part in AC. i love both though but inFAMOUS has its own special allure

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is with these low post-count users and their "here is my bullet-point breakdown of an upcoming game" threads? Should we expect more of these? Can we stop them?

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav: i was referring to the first 2, i haven't played the new one and wouldn't presume to be able to point out my favorite aspects of an unreleased game. that is, however, my opinion of good things that the first 2 games have already done.

also, everyone has to start somewhere >.>

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthorange: its hard to make a good super hero game, but the arkham games also did a very good job of it! so we have inFAMOUS and arkham so far :o

Did you ever play Web of Shadows? It lacked the polish of the Arkham and inFamous games but I still found it to be a solid game. I'm disappointed that they haven't tried making another game in that style.

@rebgav said:

What is with these low post-count users and their "here is my bullet-point breakdown of an upcoming game" threads? Should we expect more of these? Can we stop them?

Stop trying to scare away new users!

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthorange: i have Web of Shadows, yes! see i haven't played enough of it because i have it on the computer and haven't tried it since using a controller on my pc. games like that with keyboard controls rely on waaaay too many button combos to perform actions. i feel more comfortable with controllers when playing action games like that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@rebgav said:

No. Fortunately, though, they seem to either shape-up and start writing proper or get bored and leave pretty quickly. Besides, there's more here than just a few bullet points.

On topic, I've played some of InFamous 1 and it never really grabbed me. It's a fine game, but I'm not really a comic book guy and the game sometimes boiled down to a not-great TPS. I have played only a bit of InFamous 2 but other games grabbed my attention at the time; I need to go back to it. Regardless, I want to see more of Second Son. It doesn't look like they're re-inventing the series, but InFamous 1 had a lot of good ideas and a lot of refinement on those could be pretty good. Which is why I need to get back to the second game; presumably, that's what it is. A refinement of the first.

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: i guess the first one just struck a nerdy cord with me and i loved it lol. the second one really refined the whole thing but i certainly don't expect everyone to love or even like the same things i do.

i really loved it though, i remember the first time i played it i ended up staying up all night and the next day cause i wouldn't put it down till i was done.

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grantheaslip: I guess i can see what you mean. honestly I was just trying to point out the topics by bolding them but I suppose that wasn't as good of an idea as I imagined it was.

to be completely honest I started posting here after doing this on Tumblr for a while. my friend is an avid user here and he suggested I migrate over here or do both to get some actual views and critique.

I'll have to go through and try and make it less "weird" though :P

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By xyzygy

@rebgav said:

Hahahaha you actually made me laugh out loud. Yes let's stop them. It's quite a strange phenomenon.

@xyzygy: i understand where you're coming from however i LOVE Assassin's Creed but the parkour in that game is literally "hold this button and run towards wall/obstacle"

in Infamous you have to direct where you are going more and jump from object to object rather than just kinda holding a direction and going that way for the most part in AC. i love both though but inFAMOUS has its own special allure

Hm... I agree with you to a point, the angling is a little finnicky when you're trying to be precise, but yes, when you're just on flat surfaces all you do is hold a button. But I mean what else would there be to do, it's just a flat surface. I also like how you can decide to go higher or lower by holding A or B when encountering an obstacle or jump. Also I just find the whole system funner, especially with the inclusion of trees and hiding spots and obstacles and stuff. Infamous was just like, "jump here" and feels a little light to me.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infamous 1&2 were great games. Love them. Always had an element of weirdness to them though. Never seemed like they would make much of a splash. And I never expected Second Son to be one of the most talked about games coming out of E3. Its such a shame they couldn't get it out a few months early for launch. It sounds awesome.

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thrice_604: i would much rather them take their time with it and make sure its DONE. i like the other 2 so much i wouldn't want the 3rd to cut any corners!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It looks cool, but it seems like it no longer has an over the shoulder shooting mechanic with a reticle (ala gears/uncharted). That kind of bummed me out, but it still looks real cool

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By 49th

I am quite disappointed with how Second Son is looking. There is so much they could do with the smoke powers but right now it just looks like they have applied a different particle effect to Cole's powers. He even has the same firing animation with his hand splayed out like the Emperor firing electricity - except now he is shooting balls of shiny orange nothing with smoke applied. For me smoke powers imply that there should be a wispy and loose kind of movement to the character but the new character looks just as heavy as Cole, even the parkour has the same weighted feel as in the previous games. I really hope the later powers dramatically change from the kind of thing Cole could do.

RedPanGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th: using ventilation seems cool though, thats new :O