#1 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

We all know that with Marvel's huge movie Avengers coming out next year, there is bound to be a game made, and we all predict it will be terrible and most likely created by Sega. Well, footage has been found of a yet-to-be announced game in it's pre-alpha stage. Here's some footage below, enjoy!

#2 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

First person? Oh my.

#3 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Yeah, apparently there's word going around on the youtube page that it's been cancelled...

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@mcderby4
Well to be fair, there's not enough first person brawlers...woulda been fun for 10 out of the bargain section.
#5 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: I guess but it's cool change of pace from the crap that Sega manages to produce for every comic film that releases.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@mcderby4: Anything better then I believe.
I haven't touched a movie game since... .The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, and that was half decent.

I just cannot bloody understand why they can't make a more then decent game with such an succes formula as comics...
#7 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

i actually think it looks somewhat interesting

#8 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

At least it's not just God of War

#9 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Completely agree, it's quite idiotic and this game actually showed some potential.

#10 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

HOLY SHIT! THERE'S GONNA BE SKRULLS IN THE AVENGERS MOVIE?!

Anyways, looks kinda cool, but still wonder why THQ's making it, I thought they're done with licensed shit.

#11 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@jkuc316: Yeah, I'd still choose THQ over Sega anyday though because it looks like they somewhat have a vibe going here with this game... Too bad there are rumours of it being cancelled.

#12 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

@mcderby4: Well that sucks, I wanted to play as Cap or Tony...

#13 Posted by JCTango (1362 posts) -

Not sure if I would've liked it being a first-person shooter/brawler type game, perhaps if it had the option to play it in 3rd person it would be ok. I liked the active input finisher idea though.

#14 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@jkuc316: Yeah only time will tell and Tony and Cap's game mechanics looked the best.

@JCTango: Idk dude, the pace of this game looks a lot better than the repeat God of War games that Sega puts out every year.

#15 Posted by Bubbameister33 (27 posts) -

I would have played the crap out of this game.

#16 Edited by elcalavera (344 posts) -
#17 Posted by JCTango (1362 posts) -

@mcderby4 said:

@JCTango: Idk dude, the pace of this game looks a lot better than the repeat God of War games that Sega puts out every year.

Probably, but I've played too many first-person type games now that they all the same to me now haha. This game showed some promise though, with a few interesting ideas.

#18 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@JCTango: Indeed, hopefully the game isn't actually cancelled and we get a chance to see how the game progresses.

#19 Posted by JonSmith (171 posts) -

Who got Call of Duty in my Marvel?

#20 Posted by probablytuna (3654 posts) -

Yeah it looked promising. Too bad it's cancelled now.

#21 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -
#22 Posted by PenguinDust (12510 posts) -

Hmm, that's an interesting concept. I think 4 player co-op would have been really interesting, but competitive multiplayer would be odd with several of the same hero running around. I'm pretty sure I saw two Hulks in one scene. Still, I'd take this over another standard isometric brawler any day.

#23 Posted by crusader8463 (14421 posts) -

Alpha Flight would kick the avengers asses!

#24 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1572 posts) -

All I took away from that was WOBBLE BASS!

Actually, that looked pretty neat, novel at least. A 1st person Iron Man game could/would be pretty awesome if done right.

#25 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -

As everyone else has said, THQ has closed down their Australian studios, so chances of this continuing are pretty slim.

That said, I actually liked the whole idea here.

#26 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

@mcderby4 said:

@TaliciaDragonsong: Yeah, apparently there's word going around on the youtube page that it's been cancelled...

It was indeed cancelled a while ago.

#27 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

First person Iron Man game? Cool.

Although the first Iron Man game was literally one of the worst games I have ever played, even compared to other movie tie-ins. It was spectacularly bad. They went out of their way to make everything about it suck.

#28 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@Meowshi: Couldn't have said it better myself. And it's all because of Sega.

#29 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

Game looks kinda cool. Probably wouldn't have been very good, though.

What I like is confirmation of Skrulls in the movie! I wonder if they're just doing Secret Invasion, or if it's a full-on Kree-Skrull War?

#30 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (273 posts) -

I never understood what the problem was with creating good games based on comic book characters. I do remember hearing about an Avengers game and unfortunately I do remember hearing it was cancelled.

#31 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -

I wonder if Skrulls are actually going to be in the movie? Because Marvel owns the rights to the Skrulls, but FOX owns the rights to Super-Skrull. The X-Men & Fantastic Four ones could not be in the movie. I actually really want this game now, it sucks that they would cancel a game like this, but let games like Iron Man 2 be in existence.

#32 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Too bad it got cancelled, first person Hulk could be neat.

#33 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@CrimsonAvenger said:

I never understood what the problem was with creating good games based on comic book characters. I do remember hearing about an Avengers game and unfortunately I do remember hearing it was cancelled.

They have to rush it out in time with the movie.

Unless you mean non-movie based superhero games, in which case there have been many good ones.

#34 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

Hulk seemed a little small to me. But man that looks awesome...

#35 Posted by damswedon (3191 posts) -

wub wub WUB WUB WUB BZZT wubwubwubWUBWUBWUBbzzt

#36 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

Looks bootleg to me. I can only imagine how silly and awkward it would be to throw a shield with Captain America or swing around as Spider-Man in first person. That is my guess as to why they primarily showed the Hulk because his character works the best for a 1st person brawler. All the Iron Man sections looked bad.

#37 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

That looked really neat, shame that it got cancelled.

#38 Posted by nick_verissimo (1385 posts) -

Definitely would have played that game. Oh well...

#39 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Holy shit that looked so much fun....  Especially the Iron Man footage...  God damnit

#40 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

That looked pretty ok for a cancelled movie game

#41 Posted by JCTango (1362 posts) -

@CrimsonAvenger said:

I never understood what the problem was with creating good games based on comic book characters.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions are pretty good. I agree though, I wish there were more good comic book character games. Deadpool would be pretty fun to play.

#42 Posted by TheHT (11227 posts) -

WHAT.

I totally woulda played that!!

#43 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

It looks pretty, but I'm not too sure about the First-person aspect.

#44 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

That looks like a really cool idea.

#45 Posted by Freezer_Burn (207 posts) -

I would've played the ever wobbling hell out of that.

#46 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (273 posts) -

@JCTango:

Deadpool really does have some potential for a good game. He's got a pile of supporting characters and a wide array of weaponry. I would have no idea what a story would be like since I've never actually read the Deadpool comics. Sadly we'll probably never get one since almost all the comic book based video games are movie tie-ins.

#47 Posted by JackSukeru (5911 posts) -

A bit into that video I was imagining what Iron Man actually looked like, walking around with his hands in front of him like that and then I couldn't stop laughing.