#1 Edited by TonyS (135 posts) -

In regards to the game Fat Princess for the PS3, feminist blogger Melissa McEwan of Shakesville decides to write Sony a letter to express her displeasure to Sony.

"Congrats on your awesome new game, Sony. I'm positively
thrilled to see such unyielding dedication to creating a new generation of fat-hating, heteronormative assholes,"

Along with that, Feminist Gamer's "Mighty Ponygirl" makes a suggestion to change the concept just a tad:

"Instead of running out into the forest to find cake to fatten up the princess with, why not go out and find gold (which is a lot heavier than cake) to stuff into a treasure chest,"
"The more gold in the chest, the heavier it would be, and the harder it would be to carry."

I'm not sure what to make out of this but when I saw Fat Princess I thought it looked awesome. The last thing I thought of was that it could come across as offensive. Perhaps it's because I don't fall into the demographic that the so-called offensive aspects of the game are directed at.

I call lame on this on but I hope it doesn't become a bigger issue. The game seems to definitely have some potential. What is so ironic is that the person that designed the look and feel of the characters was a woman.

*shrugs*

What are your thoughts on this whoie ordeal?

#2 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

How is it fat-hating if you're trying to make someone fat? Wouldn't that be liking the person fat? That's what I got out of the description of the game. But whatever, someone just wants to get some attention...

I also think there was another topic on this a few days ago...

#3 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

I think feminists are overly sensitive. Instead of complaining and whining how thing's aren't handed to you, why not prove yourself?

#4 Posted by Jensonb (1706 posts) -

Have these people not heard of a sense of humour?

#5 Posted by JNYR (112 posts) -

Maybe the feminists would stop complaining if they added a prince into the game as well.

#6 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Political correctness gone mad really. Cant say anything these days without offending someone else and having them write angry letters or send law suits your way...

#7 Posted by Warfare (1632 posts) -

Overly Sensitive and probably needs to get laid .

#8 Posted by TonyS (135 posts) -
JNYR said:
"Maybe the feminists would stop complaining if they added a prince into the game as well.
"
That's a good idea but only if it was something they had already planned to do prior to any "outrage". If they do it in response to it then that will seem like they are just giving power to those with the loudest voice and just condoning close-minded behavior.
#9 Posted by TonyS (135 posts) -
Hamz said:
"Political correctness gone mad really. Cant say anything these days without offending someone else and having them write angry letters or send law suits your way...
"
You better watch out Hamz. You might have just offended someone with this post. Expect letters. :P
#10 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
TonyS said:
"Hamz said:
"Political correctness gone mad really. Cant say anything these days without offending someone else and having them write angry letters or send law suits your way...
"
You better watch out Hamz. You might have just offended someone with this post. Expect letters. :P
"
Or a hate thread with Hamz in the title.
#11 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
Shawn said:
"TonyS said:
"Hamz said:
"
"
"
Bring it....my crowbar is waiting
#12 Posted by Bipedpower (72 posts) -
Shawn said:
"TonyS said:
"Hamz said:
"
"
"
  Feminists are fascist
#13 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -
Hamz said:
"Shawn said:
"TonyS said:
"Hamz said:
"
"
"
Bring it....my crowbar is waiting
"
Don't worry, we got your back. A friend of mine owns a few katanas....
#14 Posted by elbow (368 posts) -

I bet if the game was called fat prince, everyone would laugh and none of this crap would have arisen.

But because it's got a female as the main character, a few dumb broads with sand up their snatches go apeshit.

Give it a brake already.

#15 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

I don't think they have a point at all, they think the game is attacking fat women or something when it is not, and by saying that it IS, just proves how sensitive you really are. The game is comical ffs, do you see people whining about movies with fat women in it? Like Norbit? I don't think so.