Fighting Games General EX Plus α

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

^We will be watching.

(I said that in the commander from Xcom's voice)

On a side note, what's the easiest way to get an arcade stick going with my dreamcast?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Poor Optimus Prime doesn't even get to be called Optimus Prime anymore.

KoF WNF yesterday definitely worth a watch, Xiaohai, Reynald, Luis Cha etc.

Revised top 5 = Nakoruru, K', Mature, Love, Mai. I think Love is the best character in the game in the 2 slot.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4654  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Duders!!

I ran into VersperArcade the other day while climbing my way out of bronze (probably the 10th climb for me) and it was hiiiiilaaaarious.

https://www.twitch.tv/vesperarcade/v/94436736

That's the stream, if you have nothing better to do. My ass starts getting beat at about the 49 minute mark. All four rounds take probably 20 seconds to complete lol so you'll see my "high points" quickly.

Amazingly, he didn't get a perfect in all 4 rounds! The funiest thing about watcthing the playback on his twitch stream is that in the 2 mixups where I manage to actually hit him his reaction is classic ("must have passed the controller to a friend!") also, he (jokingly) admits that at least I've got the footsies (I don't). VA laughs at me a lot but he's nicer than the twitch chat at least :P

Well, that was a hilarious thing that happened. I labed the shit out of the Vega-Alex match up until I figured out that neutral jump was the missing ingredient for me to get passed that damn jab -> command grab set up that aced me. But honestly my biggest issue was just NERVES. As soon as I saw the VA name I just started sweating like crazy and instantly forgot every lesson I've learned in the last 6 months. Pretty much everything I do in this match sucks, from sitting on full meters, never V-triggering, jumping all the time, but, it was still fun. Can't wait till my next celebrity run in!

--

@fredchuckdave: more than being a crime, it is a shame. A crying shame.

@hassun: maaaaaan. Do you know what I look like when I do a hairflip? lol not fucking cool.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@geraltitude: Well fought! *psssst stop pushing buttons on wakeup lol*

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: ahhh I know. It is among my worst habits. Tonight is going much better!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4658  Edited By StarvingGamer

"...last night where I rejected..." *gestures at Infiltration*

LMAO WHAT

EDIT: Then she apologizes for being rude lol whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

EDIT2: Because "I just said no" whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did poor Infiltration get Blitz shielded? :(

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4660  Edited By hassun
Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Now that I've finally got my PC and consoles out here in Germany, I am diving back into things a bit more. I grabbed KOF XIV (because god damn it I promised myself I would) and have sunk a couple hours into it so far - I like it, but I am running into the thing I run into with KoF games every time, which is "jesus do I really have to learn three characters?" Currently I feel pretty comfortable with Alice and King, I just need to figure out a third. I feel like the mechanics are less fiddly than other KoF's (I'm specifically thinking about KOF XIII), and while I do miss the sprites, the final version of the 3D visuals looks okay enough to me.

I also jumped back into SFV, which means I finally got to fuck around with Urien a bit and hey, that dude's pretty fun. My skills have fallen off to an extent where now I'm thinking I might try to learn a new character for a little while - Juri has been fairly enjoyable. I haven't really done much online yet, mostly I've just been fighting the CPU and trying to shake the rust off. It felt pretty good, though.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4663  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@hassun: SCR K-Brad the best american player, Nuckledu clearly a fraud for not beating every EG.

@ford_dent: I can play you in KoF if you like, be prepared to get divekicked and/or down C'd to death though. Or I could play Robert/King/Random Select I suppose.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4664  Edited By hmoney001

@hassun: Man Xiaohai's team in KOF... I thought he would at least have a Nakoruru.

Reynalds team is annoying as expected.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

@hmoney001: I was rooting for Reynald in GF. When you go against Xiaohai who is a living legend, I wouldn't be surprised if he felt that was one of the hardest fights even when he knocked him to losers. With the upcoming patch, I wonder what Reynald will be playing next after the patch. He is pretty versatile and will try to find the characters that got buffed well.

@ford_dent: Ignoring Nakoruru, I would say someone who can really pull it off with meter. Someone like Robert or Mai are good options since they can still do well without meter but if you do, you can easily get good damage with just two bars. You can have King on point to harass with fireballs and gain meter. Alice isn't too bad especially with meter but her confirms are not the best at least when I tried her. I would replace Alice but if you can put some leeway with her, then keep her.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmm if that video is indicative of top play I guess I'll have to file KoF under games not to watch.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Implying that there was some chance of that happening anyway.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: I enjoy watching plenty of games I have no intention of playing. I can appreciate top KI even though I literally hate interacting with its core systems.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thephantomnaut: Yeah, I was looking at the possibility of using Mai but I've never been a huge fan of her. Alice is the reason I picked the game up (I'm a sucker for Sakura types, and she's basically that but for Terry) so I'll hang on to her. Either way I'll need to figure out a third sooner or later.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ford_dent: With the patch coming in tonight, I wonder if Alice will get some buffs. Back at EVO, some players were on the Alice train because she was apparently easier. SNK sort of treated EVO as a location test so they went to nerf her.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patch Notes, Choi and Chang got a full page; Choi confirmed top tier?

Loading Video...

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Nakoruru has less nerf notes than K' but they can be more significant due to what damage she previously inflicted.

Sure Villains are mostly buffed but I doubt any of them will be top. They have more options but they probably wont be braindead. I will say Chang's far standing C is a better anti air since you can maximize damage with supers up to Climax. Choi's buffs will make him generally more annoying especially at Max Mode where one of his specials just go super fast and can be great to whiff punish people.

Geese will still be up there even with the Jump C nerf. Most of his stuff still remains and then some.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should also watch the latest episode of DaigothebeastTV. Dr. Daigo on deck.

TheBesteban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did somebody say....Tekken? My next recap is out.

Loading Video...

I'm gonna go sleep for a bajillion years now. I'll wake up in time to make the plane for Canada Cup.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did somebody say....Tekken? My next recap is out.

Loading Video...

I'm gonna go sleep for a bajillion years now. I'll wake up in time to make the plane for Canada Cup.

Great video! But you already knew that :D. I enjoy how you set the stage for the event with the first couple of minutes just going over the location and the current context of the tournament. Some good reactions in there (especially Juggernaut's reaction to the slow-mo tatsu) and the music selection is pretty nice. I watched most of the matches on Sat/Sun and the tournament overall was very fun to watch, probably the most exciting/tense all year. I was rooting for MYK in the grand finals but he got taken over by that super buff Akuma ... I wonder how it would have gone if Akuma didn't have that crazy meter build that they nerfed.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4678  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@hassun: MOV Best Chun confirmed, just bodied Nuki free (though was denied the GO-1 match by Xyzzy winning). Nuki should've gone to Malaysia, Xian strategy of dodging the hard tournament best strategy.

Loading Video...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4679  Edited By hassun

@fredchuckdave: MOV still has slight consistency problems at times but he's definitely the #1 Chun now. Gatekeeping Asia as he goes!

Was rooting for Takeuchi of course but alas.

TheBesteban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@technician:Thanks, that's been the general flow of the episodes. Really nice to get out for a few days and shoot something other than a tournament venue haha. Looking forward to Tekken 7 too, first Tekken since 5 that I've been interested in learning.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4682  Edited By hassun
Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4683  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@hassun: Shoutouts to MOV winning a tournament with Chun so that another Chun could qualify for capcup. Dream Canada Cup result is definitely Nuki 1st, Kazunoko 2nd, then we get 5 Asia Chuns in capcup and 7 Chuns overall; SeemsGood. Asia points = more than twice as valuable as other regions' points. Of course even if 7 Chuns are in capcup the chance of one winning is fairly small.

I believe Chun is in double digits on wins now, probably can't eclipse Ken/Necalli before the year is out though. Karin might only be at 9.

Sako's prize is to fight Infil in the first round of Capcup.

Edit: Alternate dream scenario: Nuki 1st, Yukadon 2nd, Kazunoko 3rd, Sako wins Asia Regional Finals = 6 Asia Chuns with the addition of Human Bomb as well as Tse4, 1/4th of Capcup would be Chuns! Mwahahaha. #bestbalancedgameever

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I acquired GG Xrd -SIGN- through a game of chance yesterday, and as my fg kick has really been accelerating recently I figure I will finally learn GG. Let's do it!

What's important to know? :)

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4689  Edited By hassun

@geraltitude: If you don't finish your opponent with an instant kill attack they are not really beaten.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4690  Edited By Technician

@geraltitude said:

So I acquired GG Xrd -SIGN- through a game of chance yesterday, and as my fg kick has really been accelerating recently I figure I will finally learn GG. Let's do it!

What's important to know? :)

Well there are some people in https://discord.gg/nGXFQg2 that would probably be willing to help you with any specific questions you have. There is a lot to learn so it might be easier to have that quick back and forth Q&A.

As for me personally I've been playing around with Ramlethal and her combos are pretty easy so I'm down with that. I started off using Jack-O' but she is in hibernation right now. Edit: Just realized you got -SIGN- so ignore the Jack-O' comment.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#4692  Edited By PerfidiousSinn
Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: Here's something Majorboy "did" recently:

Loading Video...

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#4695  Edited By PerfidiousSinn

@l1ghtn1n: I have a soundtrack disc already, so I wonder if this new one has any new songs.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4696  Edited By hassun
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DU-S-A!

DU-S-A!

DU-S-A!

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4698  Edited By hmoney001
fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted a beginner/intermediate strategy outline for Jago over at the KI forums which people seemed to like, which I figured I'd link here in case anyone's interested, especially since a number of Giant Bomb people who've put time into KI mained Jago. I'm particularly proud of how well I was able to distill the mind games in the neutral, during pressure and in KI's unique combo system, and I think it goes some way towards explaining what KI is in general, so even if you don't play Jago or have never paid much attention to KI there might be some value in reading it.

TheBesteban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4700  Edited By TheBesteban