Fighting Games XBOX ONE / PS4

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How long do you think it will be before there are some fighting games (other than Killer Instinct) on the new consoles? That would likely be the only thing that would keep the old consoles in the living room for me. What do you all think?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Summer 2014

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Winter 2014

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Prepare for Fancy Particle Effects for next gen fighting games.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Spring 2015

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
  • Killer Instinct (Xbox One) - Q4 2013
  • Guilty Gear Xrd (most likely next gen) - 2014 arcade launch; 2014/2015 console launch

That's about all we know of now.

There's a chance that USFIV, Divekick and the new NetherRealm project will make it on next generation consoles.

Killer Instinct, despite having a mediocre showing at EVO, is probably the only game that makes me want to get an Xbox One at launch.

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a wide range of predictions. Summer 2014 would be great though I am doubtful as to if there will be a full Release Street Fighter 5 and the like. I could definitely see Ultra Street Fighter 4 making an appearance close to launch. The trailer says Early 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM0BbPcSAgw Also I have not seen the PC version but I assume the graphics are significantly better. There is also that Tekken Revolution thing that I could see making an appearance.

I really hope that Killer Instinct will be good a game and could turn in a serious competition game. The more the merrier I say. I will be playing the full roaster day one.

That Guilty Gear looks really nice too and will probably be close to launch.

I am super excited for the Console Launch and another round of Fighting Games. It seems as if the community has a strong footing this time around and wont fade away like in the 90's

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bigjeffrey: Wow. I thought Marvel had a ton of shit on screen, but that's just straight up a curtain of particles hiding everything in sight.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

@bigjeffrey said:

After playing hours at EVO, KI with the particle effects at 60fps looks fucking awesome.

Oh yeah with Tekken 20th Anniversary next year and with a note of development still active, there is Tekken X Street Fighter.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Sooty

Probably gonna be 2014 or 2015 at the earliest before Capcom release anything, perhaps Darkstalkers will be on the PS4 or Xbox One.

Killer Instinct looks like trash from a trash developer to be honest, don't think they have any idea what they are doing. It looked awful at Evo.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@sooty said:

Probably gonna be 2014 or 2015 at the earliest before Capcom release anything, perhaps Darkstalkers will be on the PS4 or Xbox One.

Killer Instinct looks like trash from a trash developer to be honest, don't think they have any idea what they are doing. It looked awful at Evo.

I doubt it. As much as it pains me of all people to say so, Capcom scrapped any and all Darkstalkers plans after Resurrection failed to perform because that's how you gauge interest these days I guess. They say this decision is only for the "immediate future," but I'm calling bullshit. They're done with the series. A couple of Darkstalkers characters will inevitably pop up in whatever the next goddamn crossover Capcom is a part of, but that's about it.

I'm 3000% with you on Killer Instinct though. The reveal at the Microsoft conference was already painfully mediocre, but the Evo showing was freaking terrible. Personally, I think there were way too many particle effects and the matches seemed to drag on forever. It didn't help the announcer repeats the same 6 lines over and over again.

Sagalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tekken x Street Fighter will probably come out in 2014 on PS4 and Xbox. How well it does will have a bearing on both franchises, right now the F2P Tekken Revolution game is a bit of a beta test for how super moves could work in the 3D engine. Other than that I think Capcom might gamble on a Capcom Vs SNK 3 game (I've been wanting this for a while, but it makes sense now more than ever), with a couple of Darkstalkers characters, before they even think about putting out a Street Fighter 5 or a full Darkstalkers game.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By BBAlpert

@bigjeffrey said:

Tekken X Fantavision Arcade Edition 2014

Also, I read an article a while back saying that Capcom vs SNK 3 was announced as a next gen launch title, and was then immediately crushed to realize that it was an April Fools post :(

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

@bigjeffrey said:

Tekken X Fantavision Arcade Edition 2014

Also, I read an article a while back saying that Capcom vs SNK 3 was announced as a next gen launch title, and was then immediately crushed to realize that it was an April Fools post :(

There's some sort of something that has that rumor still kicking in some form, I just can't remember any of it haha

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both great, only difference is Killer Instinct vs. pS All-Stars. And improved XBOX Gamepad.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know what fighting games are left that are ready to have a sequel made for them.

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Barf_Surprise

@sagalla what do you mean Tekken Revolution is a Beta Test for Super moves? I was under the impression that it was F2P Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ? Are there different game mechanics? I had forgotten about Tekken vs Street Fighter that could be a strong showing for them on the new consoles if they learn from Capcoms mistakes with Street Fighter X Tekken.

Side note: I think SFxT is a fantastic game, however the inconsistency of the availability of Gems among players is Highly crippling to the franchise.

You may be right about the Capcom Vs SNK 3 it would be a good time to reintroduce that franchise. Capcom is also working on the Jo Jo Bizarre Reboot which could be neat but I did not put any time into because the HD Remake looked so awful I just was not willing to put in the time.

Sagalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sagalla

@greengamer: OK so for starters Tekken Revolution is only 1v1 whereas Tekken Tag 2 is usually 2v2. The bound system is removed, a series throwback, which makes combos shorter and less complex. Each character has a handful of 'Special Moves' that act like buffed versions of older moves with special effects and properties. Tekken Tag 2 is terrific for veterans of the series but it has become almost impenetrable for newcomers, so this F2P version tries to strip things back a bit and make it more accessible, as well as experiment with these 'Special Moves' ahead of Tekken vs SF.

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagalla That is quite a difference, and something I am excited to see as far as imagining what 'Special Moves' could be like in Tekken X Streetfighter. Do many people play it or is it a barren wasteland? Do you enjoy it?

Sagalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagalla That is quite a difference, and something I am excited to see as far as imagining what 'Special Moves' could be like in Tekken X Streetfighter. Do many people play it or is it a barren wasteland? Do you enjoy it?

Loading Video...

Here's a funny vid of a guy called RIP, known in the competitive scene, getting owned by some random dude using the Special Moves. I haven't played it myself, I live too far away to get a good online connection so I just play enough Tekken Tag 2 to keep my skills up - I posted a combo video and blog about it here: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/sagalla/blog/rolling-in-the-deep-celebrating-17-years-of-tekken/100207/

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@sooty said:

Fucking dead.