#1 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

That being said, it is only avaiable in Japan in 2009, meaning only if you can read and understand japanese and have a ps3.

As far as the video goes, there's a ton of new stuff and if you noticed, there's a female sephiroth (sp) clone.  Jees, this reminds me so much of FF7 (loved it!  yea, it was my favorite in there series, so what? ) 
You can clearly tell what it CGI and what's in game.  The in game stuff looks pretty damn good.  To be honest, I don't know why they used CG.  It looks fabulous as is.  I'd say they could have just used cg of existing regular models for big landscapes, but whatever, i like cg, I'm just talking about mass efficiency however.

Watch FF13 DKΣ3713 in Game Videos  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

Finally some new environments.  Seems great.  2009.  Probably early 2010 in the US.
#2 Posted by Andrew (125 posts) -

I cant wait! looks great! thanks for the post!

#3 Posted by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

Indeed it looks great, but it kind of feels like I've seen that movie with other FF games. That said though, I'm still buying it. Probably :P.

#4 Posted by get2sammyb (6413 posts) -

Admittedly that was rather cool. However I've never played a Final Fantasy in my life and don't expect things to change for this one.

No matter how much hype it gets.

#5 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

^ Maybe there's something to it?  Why not give one in the series a shot?

Final Fantasy has been the pinnacle of the JRPG genre.... up till 10.  That being said, I could always sort of tell that FF12 was going to be meh. To be fair, it was still a great game; it just wasn't final fantasy nor up to its standards

#6 Posted by Andrew (125 posts) -

The big question is .. X360 or PS3??

#7 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

^ Whichever console you have.

If you have both, then it's your call.  The 360 version is probably going to have multiple disks, but it's rather irrelevant imo.
It's like all multiplats, which version?  In the end, it all boils down to would you rather have it on the 360 or Ps3. 

Seeing as how I don't have a PS3 (i have to get it from my brother's dorm- meaning I can play it for games, but it's not always with me), I'll be getting the 360 version (while I could play it either way, I dont want to rush through a 100+ hour game in a a week)

All that I can inference is that Final Fantasy 13 will be damn good, most probably one of my favorite games this gen. 
And now I'm thinking about Final Fantasy 14.  Jees, what will that be like?  Ahh... we barely even know the whole mood of 13 yet

#8 Posted by Legend (2599 posts) -

This game's US release will be delayed because of the Xbox 360 port. It won't be released on the 360 in Japan.

#9 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

I'll likely not be impressed even if i see real time gameplay but yeah wheres the real time gameplay? its what every one wants.

#10 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5797 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"I'll likely not be impressed even if i see real time gameplay but yeah wheres the real time gameplay? its what every one wants."
I might be the minority, but I actually like turn-based RPG's as much as real-time.  Then again, I was the chess nerd when I was in high school and college, so take that with a grain of salt.
#11 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"

If you have both, then it's your call.  The 360 version is probably going to have multiple disks, but it's rather irrelevant imo.
It's like all multiplats, which version?  In the end, it all boils down to would you rather have it on the 360 or Ps3. 

Seeing as how I don't have a PS3 (i have to get it from my brother's dorm- meaning I can play it for games, but it's not always with me), I'll be getting the 360 version (while I could play it either way, I dont want to rush through a 100+ hour game in a a week)

All that I can inference is that Final Fantasy 13 will be damn good, most probably one of my favorite games this gen. 
And now I'm thinking about Final Fantasy 14.  Jees, what will that be like?  Ahh... we barely even know the whole mood of 13 yet

"
You'll have to get a PS3 when Versus comes out. ;-)
#12 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
AndrewGaspar said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"

"
You'll have to get a PS3 when Versus comes out. ;-)"
Does anyone actually truly believe that Versus will stay exclusive?
It smells like a timed exclusive.

I just don't see 1 Final Fantasy game going to the 360, and not the compliment of the game.
And really, all of Square's games this generation have been on the 360, why would they change all of a sudden?

The whole stressing of exclusivity in videos and in interviews a non-definate tone sort of make me believe sony has a hold on it for an amount of time.
#13 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
Legend said:
"This game's US release will be delayed because of the Xbox 360 port. It won't be released on the 360 in Japan."
I seriously doubt by much however.
They have everything done and it's on a multiplatform engine.  I'd imagine this would be done rather quickly. 

I'd imagine localization could take longer. 

Granted, I'm not part of a game development company(im in college afterall).  That being said,  I have had to, for my CS classes and just of own need of what things I make (im that type of person who makes there own crosssheets instead of excel, etc.) I have done several ports.  Never a game port though, mostly because the few I have made were all on a professional engine that worked all over.
They're not really that hard, they just can be a bit tricky (it's typically for a mac version).
#14 Posted by Kazona (3055 posts) -

To be honest it's looking like Square just went, "how about we make cloud and sephiroth females and release it as a new game." I'm not impressed.

#15 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
Kazona said:
"To be honest it's looking like Square just went, "how about we make cloud and sephiroth females and release it as a new game." I'm not impressed."

Did you miss the whole part about it being a new game?  It just seems to be inspired by FF7. 
The things that stick out the most is the overall manga perfection look, the somewhat badass but conservative but still open main character, the overall technological root with fantasy still present, and the girl sephiroth.

It doesn't look like a remake, at all. 

I barely even understand your arguement.   I see this as a return to the Ps1 style, not a clone.   ]
I think the majority of people will agree that the PS1 FFs were the best (id include FF10 with this group) and 13 is  most represenative of the 2nd part of Final Fantasy (it's really broken up into two different kinds-  medieval type fantasy and technological type fantasy, i prefer the latter)
It's the perfect style. 

#16 Posted by zitosilva (1837 posts) -

Too bad there wasn't any gameplay footage, CG just doesn't do anything for me.
Also, how  weird is it that one of the girls looks so much like FF XII's Ashe? It almost looks like they're recycling the character's models.
I've also seen the FF versus XIII. It didn't have any gameplay as well, but it slightly interested me a little more than regular XIII, probably because of the setting.

#17 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

^ That wasn't all CG.  You could tell that some of it was realtime, especially at the end. 

#18 Posted by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -

Isn't 2009 Square-enix code for 2015?

#19 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Music is sub-par.
Suppose that's to be expected when Uematsu's gone.
Also, no gameplay footage, wtf.

#20 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
#21 Posted by punkxblaze (2878 posts) -

Well... Um... Yep, that sure is final fantasy, and looks as generic J-RPG as always. :/

#22 Posted by Tearhead (2104 posts) -

I've played a few Final Fantasy games... never finished one though.  I always pick it up when it's old and out dated then loose interest because of newer games.  I'm kinda excited, but I'm gonna need to see more info on it.

#23 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -
atejas said:
"Music is sub-par.
Also, no gameplay footage, wtf."
Uematsu still does music for them. He just runs his own music company and isn't exclusive to Square Enix anymore.
#24 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
PureRok said:
"atejas said:
"Music is sub-par.
Also, no gameplay footage, wtf."
Uematsu still does music for them. He just runs his own music company and isn't exclusive to Square Enix anymore."

No, he's only doing some of the soundtrack.
For the most part, he works with Mistwalker, but also with other companies (basically square) at times.