Bouger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Bouger

Ok,
So first time i have ever blogged. Why , well never really had the motivation before and nothing to say but hey what the hell right. 
So today. What have i been doing ? well bugger all really. trying to fill the days with shit to do whilst not working can be a tad tedious. Believe me, i would much rather be working but finding the right job is proving harder than exspected. 
Spent most of my time today reading forums on Read Dead Redemtion . Gotta say it did prompt me into an impromptu ring around of the local 24 hour Tesco Stores in my area to see who would be selling it from Midnight tonight.

My Search proved fruitfull :0) so no prizes for guessing where i will be at 12pm this evening.

Bouger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Bouger

Ok,
So first time i have ever blogged. Why , well never really had the motivation before and nothing to say but hey what the hell right. 
So today. What have i been doing ? well bugger all really. trying to fill the days with shit to do whilst not working can be a tad tedious. Believe me, i would much rather be working but finding the right job is proving harder than exspected. 
Spent most of my time today reading forums on Read Dead Redemtion . Gotta say it did prompt me into an impromptu ring around of the local 24 hour Tesco Stores in my area to see who would be selling it from Midnight tonight.

My Search proved fruitfull :0) so no prizes for guessing where i will be at 12pm this evening.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm guessing tesco is like gamestop

Bouger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bouger

Forgot i posted this to the forums too :0).

Nah, Tesco is more like a Wall Mart here in the UK. We have Game and GameStation who are dedicated retailers but there not open at Midnight.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By PerryVandell
@Bouger:  I"m curious whether or not the UK has a shopping site equivalent to Amazon.com, or going to a general retailer is a preferable option.
9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 9cupsoftea
@Fullmetal216 said:
" @Bouger:  I"m curious whether or not the UK has a shopping site equivalent to Amazon.com, or going to a general retailer is a preferable option. "
Amazon.co.uk 

Games are sold just as ubiquitously as in the US, with dedicated stores, music stores, rip off trade stores (CEX), electrical stores, etc. But to be honest, they're all rip offs. I game for half the price by buying online and using ebay.
PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By PerryVandell
@9cupsoftea said:
" @Fullmetal216 said:
" @Bouger:  I"m curious whether or not the UK has a shopping site equivalent to Amazon.com, or going to a general retailer is a preferable option. "
Amazon.co.uk  Games are sold just as ubiquitously as in the US, with dedicated stores, music stores, rip off trade stores (CEX), electrical stores, etc. But to be honest, they're all rip offs. I game for half the price by buying online and using ebay. "
Ah, I'm always very cautious when purchasing things on ebay. Normally if the seller's grade is very high and the game is advertised as sealed I'm ok, but I prefer amazon.
Bouger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bouger

We have Amazon and tbh most people now shop around on Line. However our supermarkets started a little bit of a price war with the online retailers, especially where video games are concerned. 
For example when Modern Warfare 2 launched both Tesco and ASDA (Wall Marts UK arm) sold the game on 360 and PS3 for £25 for the first day thats half its normal retail price.

Shopping online can be a lot cheaper but if your price concious then normally the Supermarkets such as Tesco and Asda are a good option. I remember when GTA4 was released and i popped down to my local Tesco (the one i intend to go to tonight) thinking i could just breeze in and out and pick up a copy. After all its midnight who's gonna be in a Tesco after a game...... well about 200 people all patiently queing. 

Not the normal kind of thing you would exspect to find down your local Supermarket really :)

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 9cupsoftea
@Fullmetal216 said:
" @9cupsoftea said:
" @Fullmetal216 said:
Amazon.co.uk  Games are sold just as ubiquitously as in the US, with dedicated stores, music stores, rip off trade stores (CEX), electrical stores, etc. But to be honest, they're all rip offs. I game for half the price by buying online and using ebay. "
Ah, I'm always very cautious when purchasing things on ebay. Normally if the seller's grade is very high and the game is advertised as sealed I'm ok, but I prefer amazon. "
I've used ebay for many years now, and out of about 100 game purchases and sales I've only had one problem with a scratched disk, but i got a refund for that. It is SO much better than the gamestop/CEX trade in circle. Not only are games much cheaper, but when selling games you really get what they are worth. 

I really think it's a shame gamestop has made so much money out of the fact kids don't have the means to be selling and buying online. When you think about it, gamestop is the equivalent of those ghetto money stores with signs like GET CASH FAST in the window.
themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By themartyr

I'm all about play.com, I must say. Amazon I go to occasionally, but the lion's share of my gaming is thanks to play. 

It's a pity that UK video-game stores don't open at midnight that much anymore. I remember the midnight launches for the PSP, 360, Grand Theft Auto, even, or at least I think so.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Cwaff
@themartyr said:
" I'm all about play.com, I must say. Amazon I go to occasionally, but the lion's share of my gaming is thanks to play.  It's a pity that UK video-game stores don't open at midnight that much anymore. I remember the midnight launches for the PSP, 360, Grand Theft Auto, even, or at least I think so. "
I prefer Amazon to Play.com... the delivery times for Play in my experience are stupidly long...
themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By themartyr
@Cwaff: The delivery times are long, but I don't particularly mind them, as I have so much studying to do that delaying the arrival of these gifts is a pretty wise move. In saying that, however, I don't think I'd ever be particularly bothered by delivery times. I mean, Play maxes out at 5 working days, so in practice it's about a week turnaround. I'm happy to get that for free, you know? I don't think I'd be bothered enough to pay extra to have something next-day.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee
@themartyr said:
" I'm all about play.com, I must say.  "
Same.  Their prices aren't always the cheapest, but they're reliable. Plus they have like 3 sales per week too, which certainly gives it some extra lovin'.
themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By themartyr
@Abyssfull: Yeah, but you gotta watch out about those sales. As an avid play user, I can tell you that a lot of the stuff that is on 'sale' has been that price for a long time before they decide to say it's on 'sale'. Sometimes I wonder if they simply just mean it's on sale, as in you can come buy it...
MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By MrSnow
@Bouger said:
" Forgot i posted this to the forums too :0).  Nah, Tesco is more like a Wall Mart here in the UK. We have Game and GameStation who are dedicated retailers but there not open at Midnight. "
surely ye have gamestop we go in the republic.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Is there a midnight release in Gamestop tonight?

Cannot wait til tomorrow to get this haha.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Gizmo

I was going to go into town in the morning. Tesco does look an awfully good idea though...

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Jambones
@hedfone said:
" I'm guessing tesco is like gamestop "
Grocery store that sells a bit of everything. It has been years since I was in the UK. I mean, ASDA was bought out by Walmart since I've been in the US I think.
Bouger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bouger

Nope no Gamestop. Dont think it will be long though before they grace our shores