First attempt at a "Let's Play"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PlayerUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Any criticism is appreciated. I'm trying something I've always wanted to do and I'm not sure if I'm doing it in an interest way or not. You can check other type of videos on my channel if you want, too.

Thanks guys!

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@playeruno: I don't want to be "that guy", especially since I am a fan of yours, but did you make an account here just to post this?

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jking47

Is flagging broken again? Can't flag the OP.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jking47 said:

Is flagging broken again? Can't flag the OP.

Yeah, I tried as well and it was not working.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'll watch this. Seems alright. : )

PlayerUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PlayerUno

@azurath: Actually, I've had an account on here & comic vine (but a lot more active on comic vine). I just needed gamers opinions on it. Wrestling fans are too nice about the content, I just wasn't sure if gaming fans would react the same way.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@playeruno: This is borderline Youtube spam, duder. So it might get addressed by the moderators here. Before that happens, allow me to suggest r/letsplay. The subreddit has a really nice, encouraging, constructive community that will not only watch your videos but support you with tips and nuggets of criticism to help you improve with the Let's Play craft.

PlayerUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@historyinrust: I probably should have read the forum rules before I went and posted. I appreciate the warning and I'll check out the subreddit! Thanks!

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By papercut

@playeruno: I would say you spend too much time telling and not enough time showing. Talking over the menu screen isn't very enthralling. Super Hexagon isn't the easiest game to talk and play at the same time so maybe try pre recording and talking over it later?

PlayerUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PlayerUno

@papercut: I realized that issue while I was recording. It was going to be both hard to talk while playing, plus the footage would get repetitive. Maybe I could have spoken more in between deaths. The best parts of the video is reactions to death anyways. Thanks for the criticism :)

Sabucin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sabucin

I agree with the comment of papercut. It took too much time at the main menu without showing nothing. This think can be a little bit boring, especially in people like me (my native language isn't English). Therefore, I really want to try the game, it seems addictive. Best regards! And keep improving on making videos.
(sorry about my English, as I said before, isn't my native Language, I do my best).

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By ragnar_mike

@playeruno:

Let's Plays are all about selling yourself as the entertainment of the video, in my opinion. If I want to know if a game is fun or worth playing, I can get that from reviews and trailers. As a wrassler, I have no doubt you can pull off selling yourself as something folks want to watch so I look forward to seeing more of that.

PS: FALCON PUNCH.

PPS: Bummed you guys aren't booked for ASW9.

PPPS: El Generico is apparently unmasked now. Thoughts?

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By GunslingerPanda

It's tough to maintain a "conversation" while playing a game and this one looks hard as balls, but I thought you did a good job of it. As others have said try to limit how much time you spend talking over the main menu though, I've switched off many videos even here at GB for that.

Also, what about Night Trap?

PlayerUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragnar: I'll try to keep that in mind. Less about selling the game, and maybe more about my reactions. I think cutting down on the talking at the home screen should help on that. I'm legit surprised by the amount of people who know who I am on here. I didn't expect to see any wrestling fans on a gaming board.

PS: FALCON KICK. FALCON ARROW.

PPS: We're just as bummed :(

PPPS: I THOUGHT HE WAS MEXICAN! But seriously, he'll make it work. He's the best.

@gunslingerpanda: I'll definitely try to cut down on the intro, maybe leave that for the outro. Do a lot more talking during the game, as that's where the improv happens. It's also the most interesting part.

DELIRIOUS, IS THAT YOU?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Using Giant Bomb to advertise your Youtube videos is frowned upon. You can read more about what we consider Youtube spam here. Locking this down.