#1 Posted by tobygw (580 posts) -

What was the very first console game that you guys ever owned? (Not including handhelds)  

I remember mine it was christmas and I got a N64 and two games for it. The first game I opened was Namco Museum 64 and the other one was Mario Kart 64.

#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5284 posts) -

Sonic 2

#3 Edited by tsolless (465 posts) -
#4 Posted by gla55jAw (2689 posts) -

Super Mario World.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (24969 posts) -

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt

#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Streets of Rage.

#7 Posted by THRICE (167 posts) -

Frogger for the Atari 2600

#8 Posted by Zereta (1368 posts) -

... Halo CE for the Xbox. 

I was a complete handheld guy before that.

#9 Posted by Faint (833 posts) -

pokemon stadium 2

#10 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

That goes way back, but I easily remember it. Miner 2049er for Atari 800xl.

#11 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -
@gla55jAw said:
" Super Mario World. "
Me too, was the only SNES game I had for years, after I had it my parents started buying me stuff for a NES my dad got a hold off. 
#12 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
@Malakhii said:
" @gla55jAw said:
" Super Mario World. "
Me too, was the only SNES game I had for years, after I had it my parents started buying me stuff for a NES my dad got a hold off.  "
same my first SNES game
#13 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt "
#14 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Super Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros...how can your first N64 game NOT be SM64?

#15 Posted by gla55jAw (2689 posts) -
@slightconfuse said:
" @Malakhii said:
" @gla55jAw said:
" Super Mario World. "
Me too, was the only SNES game I had for years, after I had it my parents started buying me stuff for a NES my dad got a hold off.  "
same my first SNES game "
Yeah, my parents got me into the game a little late. I missed out on the NES and Genesis, but the SNES came with that so that was my first.
#16 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

NES, i would say i had a couple of games, ninja turtles, super mario brothers/ duck hunt.

#17 Posted by MrRedwine (430 posts) -

mmm...  something for the Atari 2600...  Maybe Bump n' Jump or Pack Man.

#18 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5834 posts) -

I think it was Super Mario Allstars

#19 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country. Yo, that game is hard, but it taught me important life lessons... Life is hard, and people will steal your bananas if you let them.

#20 Posted by ominousbedroom (235 posts) -

Ocarina of Time on my own N64. We had a NES but that was technically my sister's.

#21 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

Super Mario All Stars and Super Mario World.  

I was too young during the SNES days to get the most out of the system; I had a lot more fun with the PS1 and PS2.

#22 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -
@tobygw
 What was the very first console game that you guys ever owned? (Not including handhelds)  

I remember mine it was christmas and I got a N64 and two games for it. The first game I opened was Namco Museum 64 and the other one was Mario Kart 64.
Same situation except I got Mario 64 and mario kart.
#23 Posted by sizu (391 posts) -

ET for the Atari 2600. 

This is no joke.  

#24 Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef (55 posts) -

The first Alex Kidd game, it came built in to my Sega Mastersystem.

#25 Edited by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

I got those both at the same time.  I tried playing Zelda II again earlier this year and I still can't beat that thing.  Though I understand it much more now than I did when I was five years old.

#26 Posted by Chango (519 posts) -

Killer instinct for the snes

#27 Posted by memo (421 posts) -

NES. Kung Fu, Donkey Kong.  Done Deal

#28 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt.

#29 Posted by mrfizzy (1529 posts) -

First game i can remember was Abe's Oddesy for the PS1. game freaked me out and drew me in at the same time. 

#30 Posted by Tomkang (251 posts) -

Sonic Adventures (Came with the Dreamcast)

#31 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -

Dragon Warrior

#32 Posted by NoelVeiga (1100 posts) -

Sonic 1. 

Yeah, I'm kinda old.

#33 Posted by TwoLines (2813 posts) -
@NoelVeiga: Owning Sonic 1 does not mean you're old.

Owned, meaning what? Cause my parents bought me games when I was little.
So I didn't really own any of them. My brother had the Super Mario Bros cartridge first, then a bunch of NES titles.
I however, had the pleasure of 'owning' (as it was bought for ME not for my brother)
a CD of Dragonheart the game, for the Sony Playstation (Yikes). As PSX was MY first console.
#34 Posted by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -

I probably must have had some games for the NES, but I was waaaaay too young to remember them (I vaguely recall playing Popeye and SMB), so the "first" game I can say I truly owned should be Killer Instinct for the original brick Game Boy. Gosh, that game always made my heartbeat spike when I reached Eyedol <.<

#35 Posted by Murtaug (309 posts) -

Phew.. thread is making me feel old around here. 

Granted, my first console was a hand me down, the Odyssey, and I honestly could not tell you which game I played for it first.

#36 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
Sega Rally. That was also the first game I owned, conveniently. My first foray into the world of handhelds was when the PSP-1000 released, and my console came bundled with Daxter. The game was pretty weak, and if I remember correctly I traded it in for a copy of Gangs of London, which wasn't much better.
#37 Posted by NoelVeiga (1100 posts) -
@TwoLines said:
" @NoelVeiga: Owning Sonic 1 does not mean you're old.Owned, meaning what? Cause my parents bought me games when I was little. So I didn't really own any of them. My brother had the Super Mario Bros cartridge first, then a bunch of NES titles. I however, had the pleasure of 'owning' (as it was bought for ME not for my brother) a CD of Dragonheart the game, for the Sony Playstation (Yikes). As PSX was MY first console. "
Well, no, it's kind of unrelated. Sonic 1 was the first console game I had, but at the time I had already moved from a MSX to a PC. 

First games on those? I don't even remember. Goody? Dustin? Most people haven't even heard about the crap we used to play in the 80s in Europe.
#38 Posted by OdinsThunder (156 posts) -

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt    

#39 Posted by TwoLines (2813 posts) -
@NoelVeiga: Haha, yeah, I tried to stay as far away from those as possible.
I loved the Dangerous Dave on PC, but still, PC's not a console.
I guess Atari was the first console I've played.
#40 Edited by Scapegoat (131 posts) -

This game blew my mind. It was a 2D platformer but had a huge inventory of weapons, ammo which ran out, intricate levels which had multiple entries/exits, moral choice decisions, crazy ass story with multiple endings... 

Later I found out that a lot of these elements were lifted from this "Metroid" game... (Nintendo wasn't very popular where I lived... it was all Sega)

Phantom 2040 for Sega Genesis/MegaDrive       
#41 Edited by JackSukeru (5916 posts) -

First I played? Super Mario Bros.
First I owned that was mine and mine alone? Rygar.

#42 Posted by Fierrze (172 posts) -

My first console games were Super Mario Bros + Duckhunt and Blades of Steel. Can't remember which i played first.

#43 Posted by AnotherDuder (151 posts) -

Mario 3 NES

#44 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" Sonic 2 "
Yup, yup.
#45 Posted by mercutio123 (471 posts) -

Tony Hawk's Skateboarding on Ps1 :) that kicked of a trend of non-stop Hawk playing until THUG 2. 
First game on my Ps2 was Burnout 2, that obsession with Burnout has continued until today.

#46 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

I too got an N64 with two games. Twisted edge extreme snow boarding and Super Mario 64.

#47 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

I remember having a Sega Megadrive II (I'm 15 now, FSS, I can remember that thing?), but I remember getting a PSX with Crash Bandicoot, and a green memory card. Oh the days.  

Got a N64 around the same time when I got my PS2, WCW was teh shit (4 PLAYER!)

#48 Posted by Eristocrat (440 posts) -

Super Mario Bros./Duckhunt/World Class Track Meet

#49 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

inFamous

#50 Posted by captainawesomo (181 posts) -

Streets of Rage