#51 Edited by Deusoma (3006 posts) -

One of the Mega Mans for the NES. I think 6 maybe?

#52 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -
#53 Posted by iamLEG10N (69 posts) -

Turok 2 and Donkey Kong 64

#54 Posted by smudo (150 posts) -

Berzerk for the Atari 2600

#55 Posted by Shasam (468 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. 3, and maybe 2 aswell, I can't quite remember. I was fairly young.

#56 Posted by Shasam (468 posts) -
@Scapegoat said:
" This game blew my mind. It was a 2D platformer but had a huge inventory of weapons, ammo which ran out, intricate levels which had multiple entries/exits, moral choice decisions, crazy ass story with multiple endings... 

Later I found out that a lot of these elements were lifted from this "Metroid" game... (Nintendo wasn't very popular where I lived... it was all Sega)

Phantom 2040 for Sega Genesis/MegaDrive       
"
This is one of my "I loved this game but can't remember the name" games. I never owned it, but I used to rent it from my local Blockbuster all the time. I loved it, but I was never any good.
#57 Posted by Luzviminda (24 posts) -

First Sonic or Streets Of Rage I think. Something on the Sega Mega Drive anyway.

#58 Edited by Unchained (1081 posts) -

I got 3 games on the Christmas in which we (my brother and I) got our NES: 

Came bundled with Duck Hunt.         

Pure bliss.

I was such a TMNT freak at the time when this was released.
That was such a good Christmas. Looking back, I can see why TMNT is considered so goddamn difficult, but I must have done at least 30 complete playthroughs. 
#59 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

River Raid and Missile Command for the Atari 2600.

#60 Posted by ___pocalypse (561 posts) -
@iam3green said:
" NES, i would say i had a couple of games, ninja turtles, super mario brothers/ duck hunt. "
Pretty much this. I don't remember getting the NES or games, I think I was young enough that it was just something my house had. I do remember my brother getting an N64 and Zelda: Ocarina of Time on Christmas though. That was so exciting!
#61 Posted by Bernbaum (8 posts) -

Sega Master System. 

Waited all year for it in the lead up to christmas. Oh boy, I loved that bloody thing.

#62 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. for the NES.

#63 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

I got Pac Man, Combat, Space Wars, Demons to Diamonds, and River Raid all at the same time for the Atari 2600. Christmas in the early 80's, I think it was 83 but not too sure on that. Give or take a year.

#64 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
#65 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@___pocalypse said:

" @iam3green said:

" NES, i would say i had a couple of games, ninja turtles, super mario brothers/ duck hunt. "

Pretty much this. I don't remember getting the NES or games, I think I was young enough that it was just something my house had. I do remember my brother getting an N64 and Zelda: Ocarina of Time on Christmas though. That was so exciting! "

Was it this exciting? Is this in fact you?
#66 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot.

#67 Posted by MrHammeh (200 posts) -

Adventure for the 2600, that is if you consider that a game and the 2600 a console.  =P

#68 Posted by IcySandman (474 posts) -

N64- Starfox 64

#69 Posted by carminescarf (59 posts) -

We had a big box of Atari 2600 games from a garage sale and Adventure was the first one I really liked.  Before that I think I only had Asteroids. 
Garage sales were a lot more fun back then.

#70 Posted by tourgen (4500 posts) -

first I played was pacman for the 2600. Or maybe it was centipede, can't remember.
First I owned for myself was super metroid.

#71 Posted by Navyseils (164 posts) -

When I was born my dad acquired an Atari 5200 and a Sinclair ZX Spectrum for me to play as I got older. So, I didn't have a first game, I had a fist few bags full of games. A few of the ones that stood out in my mind are Paperboy and the goonies for Spectrum, Empire Strikes back and Solaris on Atari. 

Still have those consoles both in perfect working order to this very day.

#72 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

As a young child I used the PC frequently, then I got Super Mario 64 and an N64 and bought consoles and such ever since.

#73 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

dunno i got a box full of atari cartridges

#74 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11009 posts) -

Diddy Kong Racing. 

#75 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

Sonic 1 for the Mega Drive.

#76 Posted by PenguinDust (12515 posts) -

I'm not sure if it counts, but PONG was (of course) integrated into the Super Pong console system I had in the late 1970's.  I remember there was also a "handball" variant and maybe a "hockey" one, as well.  

As far as cartridges go, I picked up Space Invaders, Night Driver and Combat (came with the system) when I got my Atari 2600 a year or so later. 

#77 Posted by mmzOne (279 posts) -

SMB/Duckhunt

#78 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

If I remember correctly, I got Super Mario World and Super Punch-Out!! at the same time (It was Christmas '94)

#79 Posted by ProfessorEss (7371 posts) -

Combat on the Atari.

#80 Posted by Designer0 (56 posts) -

The game is powered by Namco.. It's Ridge Racer.. RIIIDGE RACER! 

#81 Posted by Vrikk (901 posts) -

NES with the SMB/Duck Hunt/Track & Field triple cart.

#82 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Mario bros for the NES since that was from a time when systems came with games.

#83 Posted by agentboolen (1784 posts) -

The NES came with a Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt cartridge so it would have to be Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt.

#84 Posted by Alyse (72 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

"Super Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros...how can your first N64 game NOT be SM64? "

I was sort of thinking the same thing. xD 

My very first console game was that game with Mario and it had a mouse that didn't work, and you could play music, and paint things... Wait a second, I'm going to ask my Game Encycopedia (my husband and his best friend)... Mario Paint. They rock.
#85 Posted by DeanoXD (608 posts) -

Super Mario Bro's for the nes

#86 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

SNES was my first game console and I actually got the free Super Mario game and I bought Mortal Kombat 2 with it, I remember when the people had to ask my mom if it was ok for me to buy that game too lol

#87 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

#88 Posted by Cegoraph (148 posts) -

Classic
#89 Posted by Alyse (72 posts) -
@Kyreo:
What a great game to start gaming on, but did it set expectations that were too high for other games?
#90 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -

Altered Beast for the Genesis

#91 Posted by PK_Koopa (583 posts) -

Ocorina of Time.

#92 Posted by MatPaget (1115 posts) -

I had a Sega Genesis and my first game was Sonic the Hedgehog

#93 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

Donkey Kong 64, then I got Super Mario Party, changed my life forever.

#94 Edited by RecSpec (3816 posts) -

Mortal Kombat 2. Gauntlet IV. Greatest Heavyweights. Mortal Kombat II.

My grandfather bought a genesis and those for me at a yard sale.

#95 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

#96 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

Mortal Kombat on Genesis. Although my first game was doom.

#97 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

First I officially owned was Aladdin for the SNES. Only because the Genesis, Master System, and NES all belonged to my dad, so I don't really count them despite spending days playing on them.  
So yeah, Aladdin...it was bundled with the SNES.

#98 Posted by Zidd (1846 posts) -

I got a hand me down NES from my uncle with a bunch of games including: 

I dont remember the rest of them.

#99 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

Yoshi's Story for the N64, along with the original Banjo Kazooie. My parents didn't buy me a game system or any games until I was 14 or so. I had a very generous God-Mother who bought me my N64 and PS2. I remember playing Gran Turismo 3 for the first time...Those were the days.

#100 Posted by Mikular (162 posts) -

"Crash Bandicoot" and" Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace" for my Playstation. Them were the good days.