Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By colourful_hippie

What is the first game that you played where you decided that you couldn't play it anymore and finish it? Whether it was because it wasn't what you were expecting or the game was simply just shit, what made you stop playing the game?

For me it was Megaman Network Transmission for Gamecube. I was a huge fan of the first 3 Megaman Battle Network games for the GBA and for some reason I thought this Gamecube game would be similar but I was very wrong and I ended up being pissed. I only played it for a couple hours before deciding that playing it anymore was just not going to happen. What about you guys?

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Terramagi

Odin Sphere.

Fuck the snow.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By OneManX

AC:R, it wasn't bad, but I wasn't feeling it, I couldn't even FORCE myself to finish that game.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By pyromagnestir

Really? I never finished any games until Super Mario 64. I stopped playing all the games I played before then.

The only ones I wish I'd finished were A Link to the Past and Secret of Mana, but I sucked at games then so finishing them would've been practically impossible. I still suck at games now, but I'm leagues better than I was then.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By neurotic

Final Fantasy VIII. Reason? Draw, junctioning, Zell. All that crap. I was like 10 years old so, naturally, I had a crappy attention span and that stuff made no sense to me. I think it was my first RPG as well, for my sins.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pezen

No idea which was first, but most memorable was Bioshock. I just reached a point and realized "Huh, I'm not having fun." So I went on to something else and never looked back.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colourful_hippie

@OneManX said:

AC:R, it wasn't bad, but I wasn't feeling it, I couldn't even FORCE myself to finish that game.

That is my most recent game to give up. I picked it up for $20 on 360 and I just stopped playing a third of the way through and sold it. Brotherhood was solid but Revelations was doing absolutely nothing for me.

@pyromagnestir: I was good at playing games to the finish line and moving on but eventually I reached the point to where I couldn't do that anymore.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By rpgee

The very first game I didn't finish? Toy Story 2 for the Playstation, because this was a time when I was a little kid and couldn't play games properly, so I gave up.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PillClinton

@OneManX said:

Huh, that's exactly the opposite of my experience with it. Despite play every AC game before it, I found it to be a pretty enjoyable breezy little game. For some reason I just wanted more AC after Brohood, especially the Assassins' guild world conquest strategy game thing. I just couldn't get enough of that for some reason.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MiniPato

The most recent one I can remember is White Knight Chronicles. I remember being very disappointed with that game.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By kerse

Legend of dragoon is the earliest I can recall, I was young and bad at the combat and the last boss just spanked me repeatedly, and I got so frustrated I just gave up.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By jacdg

@OneManX said:

I did that with Brotherhood, didn't even try Revelation..

LarcenousLaugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By LarcenousLaugh

Fallout: New Vegas. Got 20 hours in, and my companion bugged when I was exiting a building. Tried a different save from earlier, and he was gone there as well. Attempted to drop and get other companion... no dice. Decided that was the last POS from Oblivion I would ever pick up not on super sale.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ShaggE

Damn, that's going back to DOS days... I don't even know.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By N7

Final Fantasy XIII. If there was ever a book on how to not make a video game, Final Fantasy XIII would be the premise.

Fuck Gran Pulse, fuck Snow, fuck Hope and all of those other drama queens and how in the fuck did they turn that into a trilogy.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Icemo

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the PS1. I got that one as a gift but I just had to stop playing since it was so boring and terrible game. And IGN gave it a fucking 8.0, I have no idea what that reviewer was thinking at the time.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bane122

Something from the NES days. I don't know which game for sure but, Friday the 13th is a likely candidate. I hated how Jason would randomly appear. Machete > rocks.

Actually, thinking about it, it technically would be an Atari 2600 game you could finish like Adventure or E.T. but I didn't really get into games and devote much time to them until the NES.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By notdavid

I rarely finish games anyway. I start playing one, then I get distracted and move to another.

I'm playing the original Zelda right now, and it may be the first time I put down a game due to sheer frustration instead of a short attention span. Fuck a Darknut.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox

The first game I ever played: Super Mario Brothers. And probably 95% of all games I played after that. I only recently started trying to finish most games I play.

Of course I finished it once I got a Game Genie, but I'm not counting games that I cheated to finish.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By viking_funeral

Any of a dozen early NES games.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By myniceicelife

Way too many to remember, some that i just wouldn't remember since I started playing games before I was 4.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By penguindust

SwordQuest: Earth World for the Atari 2600. Man that thing was crap. They were supposed to release 4 games in the series but they never made it past 3. They should have stopped at 1. Games like this contributed to the crash in 1982.

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

Don't remember my first, but the most recent one was Darksiders 2. So many fetch 3 things quests then go kill 3 things, then 3 more things before your original quest is completed. And too many puzzles, not enough combat.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Golden Sun 2 I think. I just remember getting nearby the end and just stopping. I have been meaning to go back to the whole series, but I just don't have the drive to do it all again.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By nightriff

Probably not the first for me but the one where the game just broke me down and I said "Fuck You" to it... and that was Skyward Sword. Only made it to the start of the Water Temple (I think I was only 20 hours in at that point) and I was just done with the game. Just was so frustrated with the game and apparently I didn't even make it to the worst part. Don't know if I will ever beat it. That is the only game I can think of where it wasn't difficulty that I just stopped playing.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By Dagbiker

Super Mario Bros 3. only after my NES broke. That was a sad day.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Scrawnto

I mostly rented games as a child, so I almost never had the chance to actually finished them.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By Vinny_Says

Jade Empire

Yeah there were games before I stopped playing because they were rentals or I couldn't get past a certain part, but Jade Empire was a game I was almost done with when I decided to just stop.

Same thing almost happened with Darksiders but I eventually got back to it and it was totally an awesome game.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Fucking Final Fantasy 13.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Starcraft Brood War; after 10 years of playing it I finally had to make the decision to stop; though I've never had such a wonderful experience with a game since and will always have nostalgic feelings about my hundreds of days playing it.

RiotControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By RiotControl

I never finished a lot of older games, so I'll try to stay somewhat to later generations.

I never finished most JRPGs, but then again, I mostly only rented those. I could only take the combat for so long until I got too bored to continue playing. I tried to stay interested in the story, but it just couldn't grip for the entire game. (FF7, FF8, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Breath of Fire, etc, etc) I did in fact beat my first JRPG in FF13... and mainly because of trophies and the fact that it basically played itself, though I did enjoy the audio-visual feast. (OBVIOUSLY not counting the voice acting)

Anything made by Traveler's Tales. My god are those games so boring. I could not even finish playing the first LEGO Star Wars game with my cousin because it was so unbelievably boring. I had to tell him that I didn't want to play with anymore which is mean, but continuing to play would be akin to torture. The same goes for when I rented The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Good GOD it was awful. Probably the worst game I've played this entire generation and I've played a lot of mediocre to average games.

The last I can think of is Sonic Heroes. It was my first attempt to play a Sonic game since the Genesis days and I literally could not play past through first level. I returned it to BlockBuster and lied about it not working so I wouldn't have even had to spend a few dollars on that garbage.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Clonedzero

Dead Rising 1.

i got past the first few days, and then 90% of the zombies were gone and special forces guys were shooting me, and it turned into an item hunt and a REALLY bad third person shooter. it was AWFUL. took everything fun from the game, and forced the worst parts on it. never finished it.

Avatar image for thevideohustler
TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheVideoHustler

Deus Ex. I love the game to death. Tried as much as I could to play it, but it was just to hard for me to have any kind of enjoyment from.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By The_Nubster

@OneManX said:

Yup, same here. I actually had an entire week to play it, since I was house-sitting for my girlfriend while she and her family went on vacation. I had absolutely zero responsibilities, and I played it for about 8 hours (or enough to get a Super Grandmaster Assassin-or whatever that rank is-in to almost all of my dens), but I didn't care about the story, the traversal wasn't as fun as I had remembered, and the combat was too easy. Not bad, just. . . bland. Bland as fuck.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By Hunter5024

Surprisingly the earliest one I remember is the first Mass Effect. Put that one down, sold it to my local used game store, and I never looked back.

Laurentech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Laurentech

Probably Milon's Secret Castle. That game was made by sadists.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By murisan

Skyward Sword. So goddamn hand-holdy and just annoying.

SolongWrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SolongWrex

The first one I can remember was South Park. Mom saw that I watched a lot of South Park, so for Christmas she got me a game that said South Park on the case. It was kind of amusing for a little while, but got repetitive pretty fast. Traded it in for Gran Turismo 2, if I'm not mistaken.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Leptok

Azurik for Xbox.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Oscar__Explosion: Aww man, Golden Sun 2 is soo good though!