• 178 results
#1 Edited by BlackLantern (6 posts) -

I'm new to Giant Bomb. Here's my first impression of the videos and website (I know the fanboys are going to flip shit, but I'm sure the site creators appreciate honesty):

These videos are entirely too long. How is 35 minutes anywhere near a quick look? We could decide in 20 minutes of playing a demo if I like the game or not. I found my brain screaming for you guys to get to the point, and show me some actual gameplay footage.

Furthermore, upon signing up for a username, I've already been asked three times to upgrade my membership to premium, without giving any reason as to why I should do so. There was even a frowney face emoticon to guilt me into it. $15 credit? To What? An online store you offer, I assume, but what is offered? Games? Then, upon returning to the video, I learn that only premium members have access to HD, which YouTube offers free of charge. So far, this site has all the charm of a Free-To-Play social game, like Farmville. I'm sure I have the entire point of the website wrong, but this was my experience... And I really don't see what all the hype is about. I understand the creators left Gamespot or some other big review website, due (at least, in part) to paid advertisers getting favorable reviews, which is great. I applaud your integrity on that matter. Yet, somehow, your new, "better" website is headed down another slimey business model path.

#2 Posted by Willin (1280 posts) -

Don't like it, don't eat.

#3 Posted by XenoNick (1408 posts) -

@Willin said:

#4 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I hope they fix/get rid of the alignment system soon, I don't like how it defaults new users to a color other than gray (specifically, it starts off green).

Or am I just imagining it? They didn't prompt me to choose a color when I registered 2+ years ago and I don't know if that has changed or not. At least, all the new spam accounts are always green.

#5 Posted by Mister_V (1282 posts) -

A subscription gets you access to premium content not just HTML5 video.

If you don't like the site then don't visit it. There are a ton of videogame sites on the web so I'm sure there is somthing for you (ign maybe) but there are are a ton of people who love GB (myself included) so posting this somewhat ill informed thread might provoke a few harsh responses.

#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5559 posts) -

Yeah... I want their videos to be as long as possible. They used to be a lot shorter, so you might have like Giant Bomb in 2009.

#7 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

I still enjoy the site for the most part but the content certainly isn't worth the money and frankly, the crew ain't a bunch of starving artists that need support anymore. Duders get themselves in a huff whenever the 'Bomb gets criticized but usually the criticism is warranted.

#8 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

I still like it after being with it for 5 years.

#9 Edited by DJJoeJoe (1324 posts) -

@BlackLantern: Giantbomb has been around for a bit, you should only give them money if you appreciate the people behind the site (this is the reason everyone else gives them money). We don't pay for HD, most of the actual bullet point 'features' that are unlocks via the premium membership are looked at as 'extras'. From my point of view membership is very much just a donation of money to something I really appreciate, I really value the opinions and content that come from the people of Giantbomb and what I get in return for this donation is a better experience and a bit more videos that show their opinions more deeply.

You should be looking for straight up video game footage here, both gamespot and ign offer 'better' raw gameplay stuffs if that's all your into, or just hit up youtube or any other gaming site for trailers and that sort of thing, or dev diaries, whatever whatever.

Giantbomb is a gaming database/community headed up by some pretty rad dudes, and that is what you should be here for.

Check out the 'best of giantbomb quick looks' on youtube (search that term)

Check out the endurance run videos, the 'this ain't no game' videos and all the other original content, they have their own tabs in the videos page.

#10 Posted by Sean2206 (264 posts) -

There are plenty of video game websites and if the style or content of this one I am sure there's another site that will there is something for everybody.

#11 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

if you look below the video's you will find they have a little bar. this little bar allows you to skip forward or backwards at you desire. so if for instance you find a video is a little long for you then you can click on this bar (make sure its the left mouse button) and you can skip forward. its really clever and works really well.

#12 Posted by DeF (4885 posts) -

@Mister_V said:

A subscription gets you access to premium content not just HTML5 video. If you don't like the site then don't visit it. There are a ton of videogame sites on the web so I'm sure there is somthing for you (ign maybe) but there are are a ton of people who love GB (myself included) so posting this somewhat ill informed thread might provoke a few harsh responses.

@XenoNick said:

@Willin said:

Those responses are unwarranted since he raises valid complaints. We've all gotten so used to how things are by now that we just cannot imagine what coming to the site is like for new people. How exactly do you find out if a membership is worth it? The HD situation is indeed weird if you haven't gone through the motions with the site before they had HD and explained why they put it behind the membership paywall. Just a few days ago there was a thread from a longtime member that also asked why Quick Looks had gotten so long. I feel like almost every criticism, no matter how reasonable or well intended, just gets a standard "don't like it here, don't come here" response which is totally nuts.

#13 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

To be fair, HD at 720p isn't locked behind the paywall anymore (or my video player is bugged?). That being said, this site thrives around the community and the personal touch added by the crew to the videos and such, which is why fans of the site love longer videos and such. As a result, your immediate first impressions probably won't give the clearest view of why we all really love the site.

Also the shilling for membership is totally non-intrusive after sign-up and during non-BLLSL times, so I'm fine with that.

#14 Posted by NicksCorner (416 posts) -

Its unfortunate that you feel forced towards a paid membership. That frowney sounds very distasteful.

Being a member gets you access to the even longer videos ^^

#15 Edited by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

@BlackLantern said:

I'm new to Giant Bomb. Here's my first impression of the videos and website (I know the fanboys are going to flip shit, but I'm sure the site creators appreciate honesty):

These videos are entirely too long. How is 35 minutes anywhere near a quick look? We could decide in 20 minutes of playing a demo if I like the game or not. I found my brain screaming for you guys to get to the point, and show me some actual gameplay footage.

Furthermore, upon signing up for a username, I've already been asked three times to upgrade my membership to premium, without giving any reason as to why I should do so. There was even a frowney face emoticon to guilt me into it. $15 credit? To What? An online store you offer, I assume, but what is offered? Games? Then, upon returning to the video, I learn that only premium members have access to HD, which YouTube offers free of charge. So far, this site has all the charm of a Free-To-Play social game, like Farmville. I'm sure I have the entire point of the website wrong, but this was my experience... And I really don't see what all the hype is about. I understand the creators left Gamespot or some other big review website, due (at least, in part) to paid advertisers getting favorable reviews, which is great. I applaud your integrity on that matter. Yet, somehow, your new, "better" website is headed down another slimey business model path.

35 minutes of a typical 8 hour game is only about 7% of the entire experience. Not to mention not all quick looks run to that time, some can be as quick as ten minutes while others have run to a full hour or more. Since I've been here I haven't been asked to upgrade to premium, so I'm not sure why or where that is happening for you. If you actually go to the link up the top where it says "Become a Premium Member" it does list what you get upon becoming one. As for the 15 dollar store credit, look in the store and see for yourself. Are you really expecting the website to hold your hand the entire time.

This is why things like instruction booklets have to be like two thousand pages thick these days.

@dungbootle said:

I hope they fix/get rid of the alignment system soon, I don't like how it defaults new users to a color other than gray (specifically, it starts off green).

Or am I just imagining it? They didn't prompt me to choose a color when I registered 2+ years ago and I don't know if that has changed or not. At least, all the new spam accounts are always green.

Yeah, it's always seemed weird to me, given the website has a neutral option, that it starts everyone off as aligned with Xbox. You do actually have to go in and change it yourself. Maybe Giant Bomb is trying to send subliminal messages :P.

#16 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

@DeF: HD video is no longer premium-only and hasn't been for many months. There was criticism towards it and they changed it.

#17 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

Also, you didn't need to post this on the comments section of a quick look AND in the forum. Just once would have been enough.

I'm flagging this.

#18 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

I still enjoy the site for the most part but the content certainly isn't worth the money and frankly, the crew ain't a bunch of starving artists that need support anymore. Duders get themselves in a huff whenever the 'Bomb gets criticized but usually the criticism is warranted.

#19 Edited by bigsmoke77 (789 posts) -

Jeff has talked about the irony of quick looks now being 40 mins to the hour. A lot of games are complex and need plenty of exposition. I think your partially right on them being to long, but next time you play a game talk aloud and explain the game and everything your doing. You will see its not that easy because your brain is struggling to do two complicated things at once. Jeff is great at quicklooks, in his forza H video he was quick to the gameplay, showed off everything and explained everything and said why he like or disliked the game. He is also good at speeding quicklooks up in which he is not the one in control, Ryan was pausing unnecessary during the xcom quicklook and jeff got him to put it into gear. I think brad would admit that he is too slow during his quicklooks. Patrick had some great quicklooks recently but he took WAY to long explaining stuff at the start of the dishonored quicklook but that was partially Ryan's fault for asking a bunch of questions.

You could answer your store question by taking 10 secs by clicking the "visit the store" button on the top of the page. The download HD vids was put in place back in the day when the only uploaded vids to their own video player and when they converted to youtube they decided to keep it that way because they didn't want to take a P member feature away. I don't know if you understand the concept that servers and people cost money and you kinda need those things to run a website and instead of running bad pop ads and creating a website that emphases page clicks over useability, the philosophy behind Giantbomb is to have paying subscribers to try and support the websites costs. You pay for your TV, your newspaper, and magazines why can't you pay for a website?

If you have some information that Giantbomb might fail you should tell CBSi (the own Gamespot too) because they just bought Giantbomb for what I assume would be to close to or more than a million bucks.

Welcome to the site, I hope you stick around. I would recommend watching the endurance runs of Persona 4 and deadly premonition. The quicklook of Skyrim has one of the best moments on the internet in my opinion. You can watch TNTs live thursday or previous recorded ones at justin.com/giantbomb or you can get a P membership and watch them on the site (wink wink nudge nudge.) I would recommend the Fortune street TNT its starts off slow but the build up to the end is great and the battlefield TNTs are good fun. You can see me mess patrick up with a shotgun to the face in the gears of war 3 tnt and the local multiplayer in that tnt was awesome to watch. TNT is when the GB crew plays multiplayer games with the community or just local games.

If you have any concerns about the site you can tweet the designer/ engineer at @enemykite. I not sure about the push to sign for P membership but if its true Im sure he would love to hear your comments in a polite format.

Hope you give the site some more use and support good websites and not bad ones like ummm i don't know IGN?, yeah lets go with IGN.

#20 Posted by bigsmoke77 (789 posts) -

@FlarePhoenix: Its good to see the asking for P upgrade didn't happen to you, I think we can all agree that we don't want that to happen.

#21 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

@bigsmoke77 said:

@FlarePhoenix: Its good to see the asking for P upgrade didn't happen to you, I think we can all agree that we don't want that to happen.

Maybe it has, and I just never noticed it. Where does it actually ask you to upgrade to premium, and also where is this frowny face that goes with it? I'm legitimately curious.

#22 Posted by DeF (4885 posts) -

@dungbootle said:

@DeF: HD video is no longer premium-only and hasn't been for many months. There was criticism towards it and they changed it.

Okay, hard to notice if one never comes here not logged-in :D

#23 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@BlackLantern:

Well I guess it depends for what you come here. I only come here for the forums and the wiki, so I enjoy the site a lot :]

#24 Edited by EricSmith (325 posts) -

@bigsmoke77 said:

Jeff has talked about the irony of quick looks now being 40 mins to the hour. A lot of games are complex and need plenty of exposition. I think your partially right on them being to long, but next time you play a game talk aloud and explain the game and everything your doing. You will see its not that easy because your brain is struggling to do two complicated things at once. Jeff is great at quicklooks, in his forza H video he was quick to the gameplay, showed off everything and explained everything and said why he like or disliked the game. He is also good at speeding quicklooks up in which he is not the one in control, Ryan was pausing unnecessary during the xcom quicklook and jeff got him to put it into gear. I think brad would admit that he is too slow during his quicklooks. Patrick had some great quicklooks recently but he took WAY to long explaining stuff at the start of the dishonored quicklook but that was partially Ryan's fault for asking a bunch of questions.

You could answer your store question by taking 10 secs by clicking the "visit the store" button on the top of the page. The download HD vids was put in place back in the day when the only uploaded vids to their own video player and when they converted to youtube they decided to keep it that way because they didn't want to take a P member feature away. I don't know if you understand the concept that servers and people cost money and you kinda need those things to run a website and instead of running bad pop ads and creating a website that emphases page clicks over useability, the philosophy behind Giantbomb is to have paying subscribers to try and support the websites costs. You pay for your TV, your newspaper, and magazines why can't you pay for a website?

If you have some information that Giantbomb might fail you should tell CBSi (the own Gamespot too) because they just bought Giantbomb for what I assume would be to close to or more than a million bucks.

Welcome to the site, I hope you stick around. I would recommend watching the endurance runs of Persona 4 and deadly premonition. The quicklook of Skyrim has one of the best moments on the internet in my opinion. You can watch TNTs live thursday or previous recorded ones at justin.com/giantbomb or you can get a P membership and watch them on the site (wink wink nudge nudge.) I would recommend the Fortune street TNT its starts off slow but the build up to the end is great and the battlefield TNTs are good fun. You can see me mess patrick up with a shotgun to the face in the gears of war 3 tnt and the local multiplayer in that tnt was awesome to watch. TNT is when the GB crew plays multiplayer games with the community or just local games.

If you have any concerns about the site you can tweet the designer/ engineer at @enemykite. I not sure about the push to sign for P membership but if its true Im sure he would love to hear your comments in a polite format.

Hope you give the site some more use and support good websites and not bad ones like ummm i don't IGN?, yeah lets go with IGN.

Pretty much all of this. Good breakdown of shit you need to know.

New dude is right, though; this site has a lot going on and it isn't very well explained. Hopefully Dave and Alexis are working on that in the refresh.

Edit* If one thing is to be taken away from these complaints, it should be the pushing of premium memberships. I know the guys aren't a team of crack marketing wizards, but baiting people into paying you rarely works.

#25 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

One thing I wish they did have (and maybe they do; someone correct me on this if I am wrong) is one video from each of the premium content available to everyone. There are a few premium series that look interesting (like Jeff's Jar Time), but it's hard for me to know if they're worth investing in. Being able to see one episode, and go "yeah, that was good; I want to see more of that" would help a lot. Though I suppose you can just sign up for a month and do it that way, but I think it would help nonetheless.

#26 Edited by Dogma (961 posts) -

I actually agree that Giantbomb is really bad at explaining what premium is. It's important to highlight and put it in place where it's easy to get that info or apply.

I also think we are greeting this guy in the wrong way (what's up with the hostility everyone?). How about we show him why we love Giantbomb? Let's show him a video or 10 why we visit this site.

Like this stupid one..

This one...

Or how about this one?

I know these are kind of old but they show of some of the fun nature this site has. I also would reccomend watching those collections of Quick Looks that someone on this sites makes on his Youtube channel. Can someone link to that because they show of the best och fun bits of Quick Looks.

#27 Posted by Levius (1128 posts) -

@FlarePhoenix said:

One thing I wish they did have (and maybe they do; someone correct me on this if I am wrong) is one video from each of the premium content available to everyone. There are a few premium series that look interesting (like Jeff's Jar Time), but it's hard for me to know if they're worth investing in. Being able to see one episode, and go "yeah, that was good; I want to see more of that" would help a lot. Though I suppose you can just sign up for a month and do it that way, but I think it would help nonetheless.

I think one of the ideas of the last Big Live Live Show was to show off some of the premium features, such as Breaking Bad and Spooking with Scoops. However, I would agree that an actual preview episode would be useful.

#28 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

@BlackLantern: You probably wont get much of a good reception to your post, of coarse, you didn't help yourself with your tone. I'm sure or would like to hear your view.

#29 Posted by Brendan (7804 posts) -

Thanks for sharing, a new perspective is interesting and valuable since, as you can see from the comments, this site is becoming more insular in its focus over time.

#30 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

@AmatureIdiot said:

@FlarePhoenix said:

I think one of the ideas of the last Big Live Live Show was to show off some of the premium features, such as Breaking Bad and Spooking with Scoops. However, I would agree that an actual preview episode would be useful.

Yeah, just something you could look at and make an informed decision of whether you would like to see more of it. I was also thinking they could do something where you could pay for specific premium content (you know like "I really like Jar Time with Jeff, but I do not feel it is worth the 49 dollars I would need to put down and watch it") but at a cheaper rate (say 10 dollars to be able to watch one premium series, or something like that.

#31 Posted by Dethfish (3654 posts) -

Most of these aren't even good criticisms. One is just an opinion on liking shorter videos, another is him being too lazy to click a single button to see what's in the store and the one about HD video isn't even true at all. The only one I give any merit to is how much they try getting you to go premium (because I don't know) and better explaining what premium gives you. I know it says something about no ads but I'm not sure it says much besides that.

@FlarePhoenix said:

Now this is useful criticism. They use to do this with the happy hour but I don't think they've done it with any other features. I think it's a pretty good idea too.

#32 Posted by Fattony12000 (7402 posts) -
#33 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

@Dethfish said:

Most of these aren't even good criticisms. One is just an opinion on liking shorter videos, another is him being too lazy to click a single button to see what's in the store and the one about HD video isn't even true at all. The only one I give any merit to is how much they try getting you to go premium (because I don't know) and better explaining what premium gives you. I know it says something about no ads but I'm not sure it says much besides that.

@FlarePhoenix said:

Now this is useful criticism. They use to do this with the happy hour but I don't think they've done it with any other features. I think it's a pretty good idea too.

Its still good criticism. It shows the mind set of someone coming to the site for the first time. For example, When mentioning the store credit they could mention some of the stuff you can buy with it, because, yes, people are lazy. The 'opinion' about shorter videos is still good feedback, although I doubt it will change anything.

#34 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

@Dethfish said:

@FlarePhoenix said:

If you click on "Become a Premium Member" and go to that page. It gives you a quick list of everything you get, and below that it goes int oa bit of detail about what you get when you sign up for a premium membership. I'm honestly not sure how they could make it any clearer, or where else they could put it because if they put it on the front page people would start complaining "oh they're just trying to push me into a premium membership by throwing it in my face".

It seems some people want to have it both ways.

#35 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Dethfish said:

@FlarePhoenix said:

Its still good criticism. It shows the mind set of someone coming to the site for the first time. For example, When mentioning the store credit they could mention some of the stuff you can buy with it, because, yes, people are lazy. The 'opinion' about shorter videos is still good feedback, although I doubt it will change anything.

From the "Become a Premium Member Page" (seriously, am I the only one who has actually read it?)

$15 Towards Our Store

As soon as you sign up you’ll get $15 good for use in our store. Grab a free t-shirt, support nerdy charities or put that money towards a subscription for others.

#36 Edited by altairre (1189 posts) -

@DJJoeJoe said:

@BlackLantern: Giantbomb has been around for a bit, you should only give them money if you appreciate the people behind the site (this is the reason everyone else gives them money). We don't pay for HD, most of the actual bullet point 'features' that are unlocks via the premium membership are looked at as 'extras'. From my point of view membership is very much just a donation of money to something I really appreciate, I really value the opinions and content that come from the people of Giantbomb and what I get in return for this donation is a better experience and a bit more videos that show their opinions more deeply.

You should be looking for straight up video game footage here, both gamespot and ign offer 'better' raw gameplay stuffs if that's all your into, or just hit up youtube or any other gaming site for trailers and that sort of thing, or dev diaries, whatever whatever.

Giantbomb is a gaming database/community headed up by some pretty rad dudes, and that is what you should be here for.

Check out the 'best of giantbomb quick looks' on youtube (search that term)

Check out the endurance run videos, the 'this ain't no game' videos and all the other original content, they have their own tabs in the videos page.

That's pretty much how I feel. The bombcast alone makes me want to support this site.

#37 Posted by RazielCuts (2953 posts) -

@Dogma: That's the problem, these type of whacky videos were all years ago. The only time we get anything like that now is the GOTY videos, I know they take more work to produce but still. It almost feels like they're going through some auto hamster wheel on ILM's now.

'A few QL's - Check'

'Something for TNT - Check'

'A Premium Video - Check' - which they seem to be more pro in pointing out in ILM's now, I wonder if thats a corporate mandate they have to fulfil now as part of their subscriber contract with CBSi? They never used to really point them out before, they'd just happen and I swear there were weeks when their wouldn't be any at all.

----

In short, been a user since the beginning and my sub is up in something like thanksgiving 2013/14 with the sub discounts and the best use I get out of it is Jar Time, I doubt I'll be resubscribing after, I don't know what the answer would be to spark it again but I feel GB is in a bit of rut content wise and has lost some of its early steam.

#38 Posted by SolongWrex (150 posts) -

Good point on the membership. If there wasn't a detailed breakdown of exactly what you'll get for your money, there should be.

The length of Quick Looks has been discussed many times before, and your view is something I still can't quite wrap my head around. It's not like there's anyone forcing you to watch the whole thing in one sitting. Or is there? In that case Quick Looks are not the problem. Joking aside, I would understand the criticism if Quick Looks were extremely tedious and unnecessarily drawn out, but most of them are quite entertaining and they move forward at a decent pace. It's just that there's often a lot to cover. No, 50 minutes is not exactly lunch-break "Quick", but that's just semantics. They should start calling them You-Might-Want-To-Sit-Down-And-Pop-A-Ritalin-Because-This-Is-Going-To-Take-A-While Looks. Problem solved.

#39 Edited by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

@SolongWrex said:

Good point on the membership. If there wasn't a detailed breakdown of exactly what you'll get for your money, there should be.

Alright, new rule: everyone is required to click on the "Become a Premium Member" link at the top of the page, and read the entire thing, before commenting on this topic :P.

#40 Posted by ProfessorEss (7361 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

@Dogma: That's the problem, these type of whacky videos were all years ago. The only time we get anything like that now is the GOTY videos, I know they take more work to produce but still. It almost feels like they're going through some auto hamster wheel on ILM's now.

Yeah, sadly these old classics no longer accurately represent what Giant Bomb is today.

@RazielCuts said:

...the best use I get out of it is Jar Time

They really need to put up a preview episode of Jar Time. It certainly seems popular with the premium members but how are people supposed to know what it's all about.

I stick around for the community more than anything. Sure they can be prickly but I find this community, more often than not, to be one of the better sources for game news than any of the "professional" outlets.

#41 Posted by TheVideoHustler (406 posts) -

Don't like big farms? Don't eat.

-Vinny, Farming Simulator 2011 QL

#42 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Your criticisms seem sound, and you appear to be a level-headed and reasonable individual

Unfortunately this website might not be to your taste since everything on it is COMPLETELY FUCKING INSANE AND SO IS ANYONE WHO WOULD ENJOY ANY OF ITS CONTENT AND THAT'S THE WAY WE LIKE IT MOTHERFUCKER

#43 Posted by ikilledthedj (283 posts) -

I really don't understand for the life of me those who complain about video/podcast length. Turn it off once you have had your fill SIMPLE..It's like wanting your faviorite movie to be shorter.. Maybe you should dig deeper into GB's history before putting comments about cash grabs out there. Do you support your local football team ? example.. Pay to get into their matches ? Some of us like to support the community we are apart of. Whilst there was a fair amount of content back in the free days the extra bit one the side now days is well worth my sub (hoping for a thanks giving sale to go back to yearly) However this community and content certainly is not for everyone. I've tried to get people I know into giantbomb and it's a rare success. So enjoy your stay while your around duuder

#44 Posted by forkboy (1151 posts) -

Yeah, I think the idea of making something like Jar Time free one month just to let everyone see what that's all about. Maybe one of either Flight Club or Random PC Game (personally I'd suggest Burn Cycle).

Definitely agree that the rate that premium content is going up has increased in the past month or so. Which is brilliant.

I come to Giant Bomb to watch some light & frivolous nonsense mostly. Getting turned on to the latest AA or AAA title that I might have otherwise passed over (like Sleeping Dogs) was a pleasant extra from my perspective.

#45 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

While the OP has some valid criticisms it's weird that some guy would post his first post explaining his criticisms of the website and do so in a rather decent manner. So me thinks either it's a 2nd account or it's a super advanced spam bot!

#46 Posted by sissylion (679 posts) -

You are correct in that your assertion that most quick look videos are entirely too long to be considered "quick" and usually aren't good at accurately depicting games, but that isn't really the purpose of the site. Giant Bomb tries to incorporate personality and individualism to its content, so a lot of the stuff that happens on it is very foreign to a more "standard" game site.

Honestly, it's cool that you're interested in the site, but if you're looking for in-depth video game coverage, you're better off going somewhere else.

#47 Posted by g6065 (273 posts) -

@supamon said:

or it's a super advanced spam bot!

They've become....concious.

May god have mercy on us all.

#48 Edited by thevigilanteoflove (504 posts) -

If you don't like long-form gameplay videos with commentary, then you are probably not going to like it here. That's sort of the meat and potatoes of the whole site. I understand your criticism, and that some people don't want to sit through all of that, but I guess there are other places to get that sort of content.

#49 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

Don't look at it as a journalistic website, look at it as a TV show. It just happens to be my favourite currently running TV show.

#50 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Shorter videos? Bwahahahahahaha.