This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by killr0y (114 posts) -

http://blastreviews.com/mass-effect-3-review-b.php

I love some of the following quotes:

"The strength of Mass Effect has always been in its gripping combat, characters and its wonderful world building."

"The barking fire from your rifle tears apart the enemies as if you are tearing tissue paper."

"Combat is basically not extremely different form Mass Effect 2. However, it is refined by a massive scale."

"Shepard attempts to save himself and make it to Normandy when he meets a lad trembling in a vent."

I give this review 5/5 stars.

#2 Edited by loudology (205 posts) -

What

Edit: That site already reviewed Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Diablo 3. Impressive stuff.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (23868 posts) -

I stopped reading when the website told me I could continue reading after being hit in the face with an advertisement.

Also:

@Louis0nFire said:

What

#4 Posted by Pimpsandwich (72 posts) -

That site has a Max Payne 3 review and requires you to go through advertising to read reviews. Basically nothing about that site is legit in any possible way.

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

Second review:

"It is good game and you shoot the things"

I give this review 8.8/10

#6 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

its basically english gamebomb.ru

#7 Posted by morrelloman (606 posts) -

Block this user and put AIDS in their IP address.

#8 Edited by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@killr0y: Stop plugging your shitty site and your fake reviews.

edit: Oops, it's not your review. Never mind. =)

#9 Posted by killr0y (114 posts) -

It's obviously legit. I mean, how else would the reviewer know plot points such as, "Shepard attempts to save himself and make it to Normandy when he meets a lad trembling in a vent."?

#10 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

@killr0y said:

It's obviously legit. I mean, how else would the reviewer know plot points such as, "Shepard attempts to save himself and make it to Normandy when he meets a lad trembling in a vent."?

I did not click your silly link, but that is from the Demo...

#11 Posted by AlisterCat (5480 posts) -

He's mocking the review, people.

#12 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@killr0y said:

Exactly, best review of a demo I've heard in.. forever! 

I love sites like this. They get everyone ind the end =D
#13 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Animasta said:

Youre gamebomb gama.ru
#14 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

Oh lord... @_@

#15 Posted by killr0y (114 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

I guess I have to point that out next time, eh?

#16 Posted by Mystyr_E (1189 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Animasta said:

Youre gamebomb gama.ru

Impossibru!

#17 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
@killr0y said:

@AlisterCat said:

As though reviewing a review wasn't enough...oh well. Your reputation is blackened. Time to make a new account.
#18 Posted by stinky (1543 posts) -

review for Call of Duty 8. (or 10 or 11, take your pick)

The shooting has been improved greatly from its predecessors with smooth animations and an attention to detail.

While the single player still takes a back seat to the multiplayer, there is still a lot to like.

Players familiar with the series will have no trouble making the leap to this newest version.

#19 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@mandude said:

@killr0y said:

@AlisterCat said:

As though reviewing a review wasn't enough...oh well. Your reputation is blackened. Time to make a new account.

get a new IP, basically you have to move to a different country altogether

#20 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

@Louis0nFire:You made me dissapointed,the titles are simply placeholders for when the games release.

#21 Posted by Winternet (8004 posts) -

Burn this thread. Burn it to the ground.

#22 Posted by Sgykah (95 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@mandude said:

@killr0y said:

@AlisterCat said:

get a new IP, basically you have to move to a different country altogether

Your review of the review was entirely inadequate. I give the review a 0/5. It mentioned nothing of Reaper Indoctrinated Jersey Shore Chobot. Also, one of the advertisements said that my computer had a virus and that they needed my social security number to run a virus scan; I am now virus free.

P.S. I wish my Mass Effect games had "... world building."

#23 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
@killr0y said:

@BeachThunder said:

@Sgykah said:

I give the review a 0/5.

Now that we have ascertained that there is indeed a market for reviews of reviews, who wants to make a new kind of journalism website with me? We can measure the integrity of reviews and reviewers whilst also giving internal commentary on the industry of journalism. It also allows us to brand ourselves as the only #1 #1 site around!
#24 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@AlisterCat

You dont say, Sherlock?
#25 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

I wonder if Gambomb.ru review is up yet?

#26 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@mandude said:

@killr0y said:

@BeachThunder said:

@Sgykah said:

I give the review a 0/5.

Now that we have ascertained that there is indeed a market for reviews of reviews, who wants to make a new kind of journalism website with me? We can measure the integrity of reviews and reviewers whilst also giving internal commentary on the industry of journalism. It also allows us to brand ourselves as the only #1 #1 site around!

I'm pretty sure there's one out there but it's super annoying

can't remember the site name though

#27 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -
@killr0y: You would be simply mesmerized by the detailed textures

It's funny how this review is 4 paragraphs, and one of them is just a recap of a random 20-second cutscene that happened halfway through the demo. 
As if he downloaded the demo and thought that was the game.
#28 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
@Animasta: Damn, really? It's disappointing to know that my joke is actually a sad reality.
#29 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
@killr0y said:

Seriously dude, STFU and take your hater-ade elsewhere. If you don't like the thread, GTFO... I don't know what compels morons to jump into a thread they supposedly don't care for, only to feel the need to give their two cents as if the person you are giving it to gives two shits about it.

What gives? I am totally identifying with you. Reviewing a review is an absurdity, and I'm surprised more people didn't realise you were joking.
#30 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

The Meta-Meta-Critic Review Review Score for this Review has been brought down to a score of 62+/- DO NOT READ

#31 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

Trembling lads in vents. I knew those Bioware writers were cooking up something special.

#32 Posted by killr0y (114 posts) -

@mandude: I actually meant to quote the douchebag who suggested something about putting AIDS into my IP address :P

#33 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
@killr0y: Ah, I figured. I checked to see if his post was near mine though and it wasn't so I just assumed. Crisis averted. B)
#34 Posted by Floope (190 posts) -

This review was a blast.

#35 Posted by r_eye (8 posts) -

There have already been like 3 reviews.

One didn't give a over all score but it was positive.

PSX Extreme gave it 9/10 and Game Fusion or whatever it's called gave it 9.5/10.

#36 Posted by shinboy630 (1133 posts) -

@mandude said:

@killr0y said:

@BeachThunder said:

@Sgykah said:

I give the review a 0/5.

And I will create a site reviewing your reviews of reviews, thus setting in motion events that will lead to the end of the internet as we know it in a viscous cycle of never-ending reviews.

#37 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7048 posts) -

They have a review for Far Cry 3. That game is out in September. The fuck, bro? Nothing about that sight seems legit.

#38 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
@shinboy630: Eventually, we wont even be able to trace the line down to what we are ultimately reviewing and entertainment as we know it will exist only in the form of reviews...
#39 Posted by ShaggE (6325 posts) -

@mandude said:

@killr0y said:

@BeachThunder said:

@Sgykah said:

I give the review a 0/5.

I give this idea a 4/5.

Yep, I'm undercutting your site by reviewing it's review reviews! What now, snappypants?

#40 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
@ShaggE: I will simply buy you out before you grow too much. Eventually, I will own every meta-review site out there, holding the monopoly on the reviewing industry.
#41 Posted by ShaggE (6325 posts) -

@mandude said:

@ShaggE: I will simply buy you out before you grow too much. Eventually, I will own every meta-review site out there, holding the monopoly on the reviewing industry.

Then... I'll preview your reviews by sitting outside your megamansion and liveblogging the words I can see you typing!

Well, I'll start doing that *professionally*, anyway.

#42 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
@ShaggE: Damn, that...that's good.
#43 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

WTF is this website?

They review betas and demos of games?

WTF?

......WTF?

#44 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Hey, they were right about Brink.

#45 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

@killr0y: a lad? That's totally a girl in that first section....

#46 Posted by ShaggE (6325 posts) -

@mandude: They don't call me "Previewyface McHavershamwitzkevich" for nothing.

#47 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

Looks like this reviews site has already been covered in this thread on the ME3 board, so for the sake of reducing redundancy, I'm going to close this thread down.