• 70 results
#51 Posted by Jimbo (10069 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
I visited the site at first to laugh at Ryan's face in the photoshop thread, then I noticed the awesome community and...never left.
*inappropriate hugs*
#52 Posted by Winternet (8082 posts) -

From the get go. I was already "with" the guys on Gamespot so I kept following them.

#53 Posted by Boboblaw (345 posts) -

I saw a link to their Kinect livestream(the first one) pop up on /v/ and have stuck around since.

#54 Posted by Cheesebob (1254 posts) -

I went searching for new gaming podcasts and found the Giant Bomb podcast was number one. Downloaded it. Loved it. Then about a year later I went on the website and started watching the Quick Looks and...here I am

#55 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

can't remember.  It must have been a quicklook, or maybe even just the Bombcast.  Not sure.  Definitely wasn't an article.  Had to be video or audio something. 

#56 Posted by rjayb89 (7730 posts) -

Well, I was looking for some good "naked cartoon pussy" on Google and found this site.

#57 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

You always remember your first time.

#58 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

I found it last year after hearing Arthur Gies talk about the bombcast frequently on Rebel FM. Started listening to the Bombcasts from episode 1 and then finally went to the site. Now I'm a paid subscriber. Still kind of weirds me out how entrenched I am in the gaming culture, yet had never heard of the site before last year

#59 Posted by OneManX (1692 posts) -

I knew of Jeff's backstory but I was never big into Gamespot, so the first i saw was his interview on X-Play when it all went down and again when he was pimping Giant Bomb. at the time I was huge into the IGN podcasts, but found them to be very short, and very inconsistent, like Game Scoop was the only one that went up on time. I searched iTunes, saw GB was ranked his gave it a listen,, I think it was the one where they were telling their story of getting MW2 early and never looked back.

#60 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

Randomly came across the bombcast the week that brad and vinny were hired. Been here ever since.

#61 Posted by TooWalrus (13259 posts) -

There was that time Gerstmann was fired from Gamespot, so he had a personal blog he'd write on, then one day, he linked to the Giantbomb blog... and the rest is very, very recent history.

#62 Posted by Blargonaut (153 posts) -
@DonChipotle WHERE?
#63 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

Something boring like the inFamous review. Love the sight though

#64 Posted by Slag (5075 posts) -

I used to go to Gamespot all the time for years as a reader/lurker, stopped going when Jeff got canned since I figure their opinion was no longer trustworthy. I didn't really know who he was , but I knew the basic gist of why he was no longer there and that was enough for me.

And then personal life came up and I basically didn't game or read much gaming stuff for 3-4 years. And when finally got some free time again and had really dented my backlog to where I actually needed some new games, I went looking for a game site

looked at gamespot thought it had gone to crap and thought well maybe I ought to give Giantbomb a try ( heard that Jeff had created it)

First thing I saw was the Dark Souls QuickLook and realized instantly I found my gaming site home. The Forum community has been a nice bonus.

#65 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5484 posts) -

When I beat Persona 4 someone told me about the endurance run.

#66 Posted by Slab64 (1068 posts) -

I feel like posting this here, all the community-ness of this thread makes me feel warm and fuzzy. And dancey.

#67 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

hamburger thread.

#68 Posted by huntad (1970 posts) -

I followed Jeff and Ryan's departure from Gamespot and found Arrow Pointing Down. I've been a member ever since.

#69 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

I joined Gamespot around '06, and didn't really hear about the incident because I wasn't paying attention(I wasn't as a big consumer of the internet back then) and one day some time in '09 as I was downloading The Hotspot to listen to on a trip, I saw that Itunes recommended other podcasts, which I had seen before, but didn't pay any heed to it, but I was going on vacation, so I gave The Bombcast a chance. I can't specifically remember which one it was, but I unsubscribed from Major Nelson, Drunk Tank, and The Hotspot because they weren't as funny or entertaining anymore.

Then I eventually joined the site after lurking for a while.

#70 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Slab64: That video is still great. A 2.0 needs to happen.

#71 Posted by dr_mantas (2143 posts) -