JonnyAvacado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By JonnyAvacado

Hey Guys,

Here is my first Video Blog of 2009.  2008 was a great year, this community has been fantastic and I cannot thank you guys enough for that.  Hope you enjoy this video and I look forward to the awesome games that are going to be released this year, and I certainly can't wait to converse  about them...

Take care and have a great year!!!

EDIT:  Left 4 Dead should have been on my list, its one of the best games I have ever played and has reinvigorated my interest for FPS.

JonnyAvacado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By JonnyAvacado

Hey Guys,

Here is my first Video Blog of 2009.  2008 was a great year, this community has been fantastic and I cannot thank you guys enough for that.  Hope you enjoy this video and I look forward to the awesome games that are going to be released this year, and I certainly can't wait to converse  about them...

Take care and have a great year!!!

EDIT:  Left 4 Dead should have been on my list, its one of the best games I have ever played and has reinvigorated my interest for FPS.

DeVeAn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DeVeAn
  • Dude, No more heroes was and is amazing. That game gives you that Gamer rush.
  • MadWorld reminds me sooo much of GodHand just more violent.
  • Fuck reviews, Sonic was the best example.
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By DBoy

Crap dude, that's a ton of foam.  I've never tapped one of those before, but I'd think you'd need to lean the can a bit more into the glass.  But you already knew that I suppose, so I'm just making a fool out of myself now.

Great to be having conversations with you on Live man... now if we could only play a game together.  :-p

Haven't played Mirror's Edge, and don't think I will.  Looks just a bit too frustrating.  Fable II was great actually, I need to go back and finish that one.  I did know the Atari, but I had the Intellivision, which I really enjoyed the hell out of.  Must try and get back into Dead Space, cause I did really enjoy it at the start.

2009 will be another great year in gaming.  RE 5 should be a great one indeed.  The co-op is one thing I am looking forward to myself.

On one final note, you really seem to be enjoying that Heineken a whole lot, eh?  :-p

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By darro

Playing Dead Space currently and on the start of Chapter 5.  It is really good and love dismembering the necromorphs and it has some of those spooky moments where you think something is going to happen but doesn't etc.  No More Heroes is one of the top games of this year in my opinion.  Loved playing that game and some of the bosses were so memorable ("DESTROY BUSTER!!").  I never go with reviews since they tend to a) rate a game high and I didn't think it was that great or overrated or b) rate a game low and I thought it was better than some of the higher-rated games.  Lost Odyssey got decent reviews at best and I think it was one of the best games of last year.  If a game looks appealing to me judging by gameplay footage, trailers and the like, I will check it out and screw what the reviews say since they tend to not have the same opinion.

Mirror's Edge only came out in November I believe over there so its not been long out if you look at it.  Oh and what Devean has said about Sonic Unleashed judging of what I've played of it thus far is right. Its not brilliant but it ain't downright horrible like so many people are saying.

Great video blog and have a great 2009! 

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Great vlog.

Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Moon

Wow do i sense the next giantbomb staff member?

Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By EightBitWarrior

I bust out laughing when you pulled out the giant ass can, man. Good stuff.

Great video. Was surprised about your top games list. I didn't know you were a big fan of No More Heroes. I didn't play a whole lot of it when I rented it but I didn't really dig it that much, but hey that's alright it's your list.
Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Wesker

Wow dude. You're right, the party system is amazing. Good stuff. See you later.

xShR3Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By xShR3Dx

Haha just a little beer......Classic.
Hells yeah dude Mega Man 9 is the shiznit.
No More Heroes is so fuckin amazeing.
Amen brother fuck REVIEWS!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Great blog, dude! The large keg of beer was awesome.

Great list of games too. It's very original and didn't focus on hyped titles like GeoW2 and stuff (not that they're bad or anything).

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Bruce

Add me online if you wish. "Bruce Got Dro"

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By gearhead

I agree with your points with Mega Man 9. Hit me up on live, Gamertag is EvilPoptart1, we'll do some Fable 2 co-op, get those achievements.

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Brandy

Your adventure with the beer was hilarious, I must say! I am desperate for a 360 - most for, as you said, the community aspect, as basically everyone I talk to on here has one, and I'm effin tired of being left out! Hehe. Oh, as for speed runs, de Blob on the Wii is a good one. There are special awards you win at the end of every level (which can each easily take over an hour to beat, if you're going for 100%), and one of the awards is completing the level is a ridiculously short amount of time. But since the game is so non-linear, there are infinite ways to get things done, allowing for tons of strategy. You should definitely look into it.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14  Edited By JamesF

You can add me on XBL if you want as well. My gamertag's JFAN13.

Unjust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Unjust

Bitter Beer Face!!!! HA HA HA HA ......Great Blog Man !!!!!!

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Artie

It appears I'm always late to your blogs, mostly because GiantBomb's coding ain't so grand, so you don't appear on my "tracked blogs" listings, but WHATEVER I'm saying stuff now:

Dead Space is awesome. It's totally unoriginal in every way, but that doesn't stop it from being fun. Really people can only be upset about Dead Space depending on their definitions of certain aspects of gaming. For instance, is a "good" game something that's fun? Or something that innovates? Many people believe it needs to innovate, I think that demand is unreasonable, and those people will never be pleased with any game. So those types of people hate Dead Space, while everyone else likes it, because it's fun.

I wouldn't say it's a game of the year, because to me a Game of the Year has to innovate. Or rather, when the other nominees innovate, and are fun, while Dead Space is just "fun" it's unfair for it to win. I had to review Dead Space at the website I work at, which is the other thing I want to get in to.

Your whole reviews rant, does make sense in a lot of ways. But just like how reviewers shouldn't blanket games as being either "good" or bad" you shouldn't say "Fuck all the reviews." To some degree, going on GiantBomb and saying "IT'S GREAT!!!" is a review. You really have to keep track of who you're reading, what other games this person liked, and of course keep your own opinion in mind.

My sister LOVESA Walk To Remember with Mandy Moore, does that mean I'm going to? No. Just like if a hardcore FPS fan gives a rave review to Unreal 3, I know I'm going to hate it, regardless of what he says. I think reading the review is important, and you should probably ignore the score.

Even with Mirror's Edge, you said everyone complained it was terrible. I don't remember a single review saying that though. In fact I remember a lot of reviews overrating the game. Some of the more moderate ones made the most sense. "The game is great, but it's too short blah blah blah." Everything that you like about Mirror's Edge, reviewers also enjoyed. They liked the Speed Runs, platforming / parkor mechanic and all that. All of their complaints are parts of the game that you haven't gotten to yet. So I think it's kind of unfair to say "the reviewers were wrong" when you only played the first 2 chapters.

I'm not trying to tell you to change your mind. You're totally right. No one should ever listen to a review 100%, because no single review is taliored to any particular person. They're all opinions from different people, read a few, watch a few videos, and then make a decision. But I don't think you should exclude the reviewing community all together just because you think one or two people, out of an industry of hundreds of people, were incorrect one time.

Well that was super long. Hopefully it didn't come off too angry or anything, I'm enjoying the video blogs! Even if I see them five days late... Don't wait another month to make another one!

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MsCortana

Another great vlog! Sorry I haven't been by in awhile but I'm still at the other site and rarely get over this way.  Good to hear things are well.