Five Games I'm Stoked For

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

This blog will be completely free of Street Fighter talk starting now, since you know...it's already out and awesome. Five games I'm stoked for, that are coming out in the near to later future. Here you go.

5. Borderlands

No Caption Provided
I love Diablo-style loot, I fully support these types of role-playing elements being added to other genres of game. That said, Borderlands looks completely sick...AHH CAN'T WAIT.

4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

No Caption Provided
Castlevania is one of the few video game franchises that I'm absolutely loyal to. I fully admit to liking Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness, maybe I'm crazy but I don't think 3D Castlevania is such a bad idea, it just hasn't really been given a fair shake. That said, I'm excited about this game for all the wrong reasons...The talent involved with the game, and the sick ass trailer!

3. Final Fantasy XIII

No Caption Provided
There's nothing more to say here really. Going back to active-time battle is the best decision they've ever made as a company (Square). I am of course stoked for afro man with a baby chocobo in it. Yes.

2. Alan Wake

No Caption Provided
I've been onboard since this game was announced back in 1955 or whenever, and actually seeing the idea come to fruition in videos and demos on stages recently has me all magical and full of rainbows inside. Anything Remedy does has my full support, and the premise of Alan Wake is rad.

1. Diablo III

No Caption Provided
I just shit my pants while adding this screenshot to my blog post here. This should let you gauge my excitement for Diablo III pretty easily. I love Diablo so much that I'd sell my grandmother to hobos for a 24 pack of miller high-life light...and of course you know, the game. Diablo III. Yeah.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

This blog will be completely free of Street Fighter talk starting now, since you know...it's already out and awesome. Five games I'm stoked for, that are coming out in the near to later future. Here you go.

5. Borderlands

No Caption Provided
I love Diablo-style loot, I fully support these types of role-playing elements being added to other genres of game. That said, Borderlands looks completely sick...AHH CAN'T WAIT.

4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

No Caption Provided
Castlevania is one of the few video game franchises that I'm absolutely loyal to. I fully admit to liking Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness, maybe I'm crazy but I don't think 3D Castlevania is such a bad idea, it just hasn't really been given a fair shake. That said, I'm excited about this game for all the wrong reasons...The talent involved with the game, and the sick ass trailer!

3. Final Fantasy XIII

No Caption Provided
There's nothing more to say here really. Going back to active-time battle is the best decision they've ever made as a company (Square). I am of course stoked for afro man with a baby chocobo in it. Yes.

2. Alan Wake

No Caption Provided
I've been onboard since this game was announced back in 1955 or whenever, and actually seeing the idea come to fruition in videos and demos on stages recently has me all magical and full of rainbows inside. Anything Remedy does has my full support, and the premise of Alan Wake is rad.

1. Diablo III

No Caption Provided
I just shit my pants while adding this screenshot to my blog post here. This should let you gauge my excitement for Diablo III pretty easily. I love Diablo so much that I'd sell my grandmother to hobos for a 24 pack of miller high-life light...and of course you know, the game. Diablo III. Yeah.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I can just feel the tremor of benjamins starting to hoover their way out of my wallet to pay for all of these games & the others I'm interested in, such as Alpha Protocol & Dragon Age to name a few.

Frederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Frederik

Yup! That's pretty much excactly how I feel (with the exception of castelvania)

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

I'm not sure about Castlevania or Alan Wake yet.  I haven't seen enough of the games to have an opinion either way.  The little bit I saw of Alan Wake from E3 was interesting, but...I don't know.  I'm just not feelin' the game yet.   And, I haven't seen anything of Castlevania but some stills, so I've almost no opinion on that.  I head it is in good hands though.

Now as for your other three choices, I am completely on board with all of them.  After seeing the monk video from Diablo 3, I am very excited to revisit that franchise.  Borderlands looks great from the co-op multiplayer video that's out, and Final Fantasy...well, the dude has a chicken in his afro!  How can I not love that?

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lashe

I'm still not convinced by FFXIII, I haven't liked a single FF game since Sakaguchi left. I hope this changes with XIII though. 

Couldn't agree more with the other games though, although unfortunately I won't be playing Diablo III for a good while yet - don't have the funds for PC gaming at all, damn student life!

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Someone is an RPG fan I see. Well Diablo 3 is my most wanted game right now also. As for Borderlands. Played it. Youll love it.
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Tordah

Hell yeah, I'm with you all the way with the exception of Final Fantasy XIII. 

Borderlands and Diablo 3 already look awesome, and even though Alan Wake and Castlevania still has a lot to show for I can't help but be psyched about them already.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King
@lordofultima said:

Is that "what the fuck" in Japanese :P?
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By spankingaddict

Alan Wake is gonna be boneriffic :)

DeVeAn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeVeAn

FF13 hell yes, the others look great too.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By JJOR64

Awesome to see Castlevania on the list.  I'm really excited for it to.  I love the series.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Alan Wake seems really really cool and interesting but nothing about it is so extraordinary to make everyone speak of it in such thrill and amazement... what am i missing ?

mars188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By mars188

Yeah  i  think  210  will  beat  2009,   See  ya  Mars
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Osaladin

I won't have enough time to play Diablo III so I won't be picking it up. I'm quite sad to say the least.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By breadfan

I cannot wait for Diablo III, remember seeing the first gameplay footage of it and it blew my mind

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scooper
@lordofultima said:

No Caption Provided

That's a great picture of borderlands.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Absurd

Pretty much, except I'm not really stoked for Castlevania or Diablo 3.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#18  Edited By dudacles

Castlevania does not have me interested, and I doubt I'll ever buy Diablo 3. The others, I can most definitely agree with though.

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By darro

I have to agree with what you said on 3D Castlevanias.  Personally, I don't think they are horrible and quite enjoyed CV 64 and LOD also (finished the latter and got to the final boss in the first).  I enjoyed Lament of Innoence also on PS2 but never played Curse of Darkness.  I am most definitely looking forward to Lords of Shadow though since it has that GoW feel from what I've seen in the trailer and I am sure it will have kick-ass music like most CV games have.

FF XIII has got to be better than XII and judging by the battle system, it does.  Just didn't get into XII because it was too hard to master and the battle system was broken in my opinion.

Borderlands looks pretty sweet indeed.

Alan Wake I can't really say I am interested in for the time being but that might change when more is shown.

Diablo III looks cool but I have to play the first two, which I have in order to get really pumped for it.  Heck, if you are up for playing those two with me, hit me up.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20  Edited By natetodamax

Borderlands for the win.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By RHCPfan24

I love that screenshot you have there for Borderlands. That is my most anticipated from your choices. The more I see from it, the more I am interested in it.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By Dalai

Everybody is on the Borderlands bandwagon (myself included) and I'm just as stoked. 

And I'm looking forward to Alan Wake, but it's one of those games I always forget about for some reason.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By djstyles92

borderlands!!!!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lordofultima
@Lashe: I've enjoyed pretty much every Final Fantasy since VII, VIII and X being the stand-outs for me. Wasn't a big fan of the old games (I-VI).

For the people not into Alan Wake, I can see why. But I've been stoked about it since it was announced and before I seen anything on the game. Castlevania is a great series with great music, if the new game has you whipping skeletons and listening to said music, I'm pretty sure it will be a success.
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By spankingaddict
@Scooper said:
" @lordofultima said:

No Caption Provided

That's a great picture of borderlands. "
yeah... love the graphics....
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

im still not sure what alan wake is :S 

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#27  Edited By chronicsmoke

Borderlands and Alan wake HELL YEAH!!
xShR3Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By xShR3Dx

I saw Borderlands and I couldent read any more. Cant start with a show stopper.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheMustacheHero

No Caption Provided
garnsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By garnsr

None of these are on my list (I love me some 2D Castlevania, and didn't mind the PS2 iterations, at reduced price,) but I've definitely got a ton of gaming goodness rushing my wallet until spring (being a PS3 guy, I've got even more.)

Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EightBitWarrior

I have to say that I'm impressed you could come up with 5 games. Figured maybe.... 2-3, then your brain would be like DUDE THAT ULTRA SPINNING NEIL DIAMOND ROYAL FLUSH COMBO and you'd go play Street Fighter 4 before posting this blog.  

Don't take that the wrong way, either. I'm not at all meaning that in an attacking matter, just posting some lulz. (Gotta cover my bases before we get a DeVeAn blog debacle up in here.)

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lordofultima
@EightBitWarrior: You better FUCKING APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW! I AM EXPOSING YOUR TRUE MOTIVES RIGHT NOW PUNK.

Yeah, HOW DID YOU GET THAT BAG ON YOUR HEAD?! HUH?!!!
Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EightBitWarrior
@lordofultima: ZOOOMG DUDEZ LIEK GETZ TEH LIFE OR SOMETHINZ