• 62 results
#51 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -
KingOfIceland said:
"I haven't had too much trouble with their reviews, but the video review for Lego Batman is absolutely appalling

Make sure you watch it all the way through"
That was one of the worst video review I've ever saw. The new reviewers GS hired are really awful.
#52 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -
KingOfIceland said:
"I haven't had too much trouble with their reviews, but the video review for Lego Batman is absolutely appalling

I wish I had my SD card on me so I could take pictures of my facial reactions to that review and post them up.
#53 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Unless you're a korean or something, I don't see anyone really getting 'in' to little big planet. I imagine the average gamer would get bored of the game soon after the gimmick of well modeled crap and physics and making levels wears off.  Which doesn't take long in this day and age. Megaman Powered up had better platforming and level creation than this game, and didn't cost 60 bucks, and was portable, and it got a lowly 8.5.

#54 Posted by Solid_SnakeXx (1771 posts) -

You see snail... this is where you fail, you take gaming way too serious.

Is just a ..... GAME

#55 Posted by Snail (8574 posts) -
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"You see snail... this is where you fail, you take gaming way too serious.

Is just a ..... GAME"

Read
the
thread
moron.

Sleepy_Insomniac
said:
"I've this many times before, and I'll say it again: "Opinions, every single person has them.""

I said I would start ignoring comments like this in this thread. So I will, read the whole thing please.

KingOfIceland
said:

Probably the worst video review ever. After watching this no one can argue that the GS crew is not messed up.
#56 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

I havent bothered with GameSpot really in quite a while.

The site is ok, it has a decent community but the people who work there. WTF? They all seem like really n00by, like the reason I used to go to GameSpot was because of how much people like Greg Kasavin and Jeff Gerstmann knew and even other people who worked there knew what they was talking about and had a lot of experience. Ryan, Bob, Ricardo (Japanese games mostly) I know hes still there, Carrie and a few others. Rich Gallup was AWESOME and he didnt know that much about games to be fair but for "On The Spot" most of the time Jeff was with him, so it worked really well.

No offense to Brian Ekberg he knows his sports games and some of his racers but hes no Rich and Kristin who's on a lot now, well shes hot but doesnt really seem to have that much of an input on things. I go to GameSpot for stuff about games I can get hot women elsewhere. Gamespot for me atleast is just missing the charm it had and the staff you have known for years you grew to trust and get their understanding on the way they think about games.
#57 Posted by HistoryInRust (6267 posts) -
MB said:
"Forget the score, read the review.  Stuff like this is exactly why Giant Bomb went with the five star scale."
Plus, the five-star thing isn't even a "One Star = Shit, Five Stars = Amazing" sort of scale.  It's more like, "One Star = There is little likelihood you'll find enjoyment playing this game; Five Stars = We can almost guarantee you'll like this." 

#58 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

Yeah, Fable 2 deserves at least a 9.0. Excellet game.

#59 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

The only thing that you have proved is the E3 awards don't mean shit.

#60 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Their standard of reviews has definitely dropped lol, I take little notice of them now, that's all you need to do [.] Find out who the reviewer is beforehand, it's that simple.

Milkman said:

"clubsandwich said:
"Yeah I've noticed this, and the LBP review was just god-awful, "the bad section: Building a compelling level can be time-consuming." that was just such a stupid thing to say."
Just for shits and giggles, could you actually point a spot in the actual text of the review where it is "god-awful"?"

I made point of it in one of the forums and nearly got banned. I have also been critical of some of the new reviewers and got warning. Tom McShea who did their LostWinds review (5.5) got severely slammed by me, and deservedly so, I did not use any rude language yet I still got a warning for "disruptive posting". That game was getting 9s across the board yet he gave it some lame low score. It was his first review on Gamespot and I pointed out to all that if this was the standard of reviewing Gamespot members should come to expect, his work was not going to be appreciated by me and not going to help Gamespot cause.

#61 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
keyhunter said:
"Unless you're a korean or something, I don't see anyone really getting 'in' to little big planet. I imagine the average gamer would get bored of the game soon after the gimmick of well modeled crap and physics and making levels wears off.  Which doesn't take long in this day and age. Megaman Powered up had better platforming and level creation than this game, and didn't cost 60 bucks, and was portable, and it got a lowly 8.5."

No there are intelligent, creative people in the west, too.
#62 Posted by Snail (8574 posts) -
Bellum said:
"keyhunter said:
"Unless you're a korean or something, I don't see anyone really getting 'in' to little big planet. I imagine the average gamer would get bored of the game soon after the gimmick of well modeled crap and physics and making levels wears off.  Which doesn't take long in this day and age. Megaman Powered up had better platforming and level creation than this game, and didn't cost 60 bucks, and was portable, and it got a lowly 8.5."

No there are intelligent, creative people in the west, too.
"
He compared LBP to Megaman, just ignore him.

StaticFalconar said:
"The only thing that you have proved is the E3 awards don't mean shit."
Ignore, Snail Ignore...