• 101 results
#1 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1414 posts) -

I know mods, this is picture spam... but come on! Mystery of the missing HOTPOT recipe?!?! How is this not gold! This is the kind of crap we need on the Happy Hour shows. I want a cheap laugh at games that are pure shit.

#2 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

They have better things to do with their time, bro.

#3 Posted by KarlPilkington (2729 posts) -

Only £7 for one of Betty's hotpots!?!!?

Fucking bargain.

#4 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1414 posts) -

@VelvetLore04 said:

I pay for entertainment, bro. This would be entertaining. Look how popular the farmville videos are, bro.

#5 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

I pay for entertainment, bro. This would be entertaining. Look how popular the farmville videos are, bro.

Paying for entertainment doesn't mean you can suddenly make demands about the type of entertainment. I can't pay for a lapdance and then demand to fuck the stripper.

#6 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1414 posts) -

@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

Paying for entertainment doesn't mean you can suddenly make demands about the type of entertainment. I can't pay for a lapdance and then demand to fuck the stripper.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you never ask, you will never receive.

#7 Posted by falling_fast (2224 posts) -

"iconic"?

#8 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

Because asking totally worked for Endurance Runs.

#9 Posted by InfamousBIG (3201 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels said:

...is that like "it puts the lotion on its skin"?

Also, I don't even think that exists in America, man.

#10 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5263 posts) -
@VelvetLore04 said:

But it is August.
#11 Posted by KarlPilkington (2729 posts) -

I bet Norris would have some of Betty's hotpot.

#12 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

But it is August.

And that hasn't exactly stopped them, now has it

#13 Posted by SexualBubblegumX (542 posts) -
@VelvetLore04
You can but only if she's REALLY skanky.
#14 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1414 posts) -

@VelvetLore04: Let me have this bro... I NEED THIS! I FUCKING NEED IT!

#15 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2387 posts) -

It's a hidden object game, why would that be entertaining?

I'm sure there are 100 licensed hidden object games out every month.

#16 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos
@VelvetLore04 said:

But it is August.
Wait we aren't getting a second look at fruit ninja kinect? Blasphemy!!!
#17 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1414 posts) -

@528seven: Your right, that would be dumb.

#18 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

I totally bought that for my friend's birthday a few weeks ago :3

#19 Posted by alternate (2707 posts) -

If you want them to cover it you are going to have to send it to them.  I highly doubt the local Best Buy or Gamestop stocks this.  I would much prefer the Eastenders mystery game "Who hit the slag with an iron?".

#20 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04: Let me have this bro... I NEED THIS! I FUCKING NEED IT!

Only because you called me bro.

@SexualBubblegumX said:

@VelvetLore04: You can but only if she's REALLY skanky.

I need to go to better(?) strip clubs, clearly.

#21 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

No, but usually you can give requests about what kinda lapdance you get. I think you think he's asking for another ER, which would have made your analogy very astute. As it is, it's a bit of an over-reaction.

And no they fucking do not have better things to do with their time, half the time all they do is sit around and play dumbass games for our base amusement.

#22 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -
@GS_Dan said:
I totally bought that for my friend's birthday a few weeks ago :3
You must be the best friend anyone can have.
#23 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

He doesn't want an endurance run, a quick look doesn't take up much of their time and they've mentioned that theres a lack of releases in the middle of August. They should be on the lookout for ideas at this point in time.

#24 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

No, but usually you can give requests about what kinda lapdance you get. I think you think he's asking for another ER, which would have made your analogy very astute. As it is, it's a bit of an over-reaction.

And no they fucking do not have better things to do with their time, half the time all they do is sit around and play dumbass games for our base amusement.

In my experience, the kind of lapdance you get depends on the establishment and how much you pay. Being a member here doesn't mean you can suddenly be all "QL this game!" even if you say please, which almost always works elsewhere. And they totally have better things to do with their time. Like eating and stuff.

#25 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

He doesn't want an endurance run, a quick look doesn't take up much of their time and they've mentioned that theres a lack of releases in the middle of August. They should be on the lookout for ideas at this point in time.

And some obscure game from across the pond would totally be on the top of that list. Because, you know, there's been such a precedent for that and not just some overlooked release or some throwback game or some cheap ass Steam game or something that doesn't require so much effort.

#26 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@VelvetLore04 said:

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

In my experience, the kind of lapdance you get depends on the establishment and how much you pay. Being a member here doesn't mean you can suddenly be all "QL this game!" even if you say please, which almost always works elsewhere. And they totally have better things to do with their time. Like eating and stuff.

If your an ass man, you can ask to see some ass, if your more of a face to face kinda guy, you can ask for that. If your already getting a lap dance, the particulars of it are generally negotiable. They will do quicklooks, and actually OFTEN DO take community input on what games they should play. Plenty of quicklooks happened because of a game the community requested coverage of, and boom.

#27 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

If your an ass man, you can ask to see some ass, if your more of a face to face kinda guy, you can ask for that. If your already getting a lap dance, the particulars of it are generally negotiable. They will do quicklooks, and actually OFTEN DO take community input on what games they should play. Plenty of quicklooks happened because of a game the community requested coverage of, and boom.

Man why would you want to look at a stripper's face. Most of them have, like, really bad teeth.

#28 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

I came to this thread to shoot this idea down right up until I saw Betty's hotpot, now I'm on-board.

#29 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

I AM IN FULL SUPPORT OF THIS.

#30 Posted by august (3846 posts) -

My pot is getting cold.

#31 Posted by Yummylee (21652 posts) -
#32 Posted by Getz (3017 posts) -

I love the photoshopped-in steam coming off of the dish

#33 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

The staff should pick out three shitty games like this and do one Quick Look. They could call it Quick Look Trilogy. Because everything deserves a trilogy.

#34 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels said:

I know mods, this is picture spam... but come on! Mystery of the missing HOTPOT recipe?!?! How is this not gold! This is the kind of crap we need on the Happy Hour shows. I want a cheap laugh at games that are pure shit.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready to talk you down. But after that cover. For the fucking love of god!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a QL in making!

#35 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Oh lord I can't remember the last time I saw an episode of Corrie on tele. A quick check on Wikipedia informs me that it's still running too.

#36 Edited by Turambar (6784 posts) -
@VelvetLore04 said:

And some obscure game from across the pond would totally be on the top of that list. Because, you know, there's been such a precedent for that and not just some overlooked release or some throwback game or some cheap ass Steam game or something that doesn't require so much effort.

They did a 40 minute quicklook of Story Hour: Adventures.  They did a 40 minute quick look of that.  No, they seriously do not have better things to do than to make quick looks of really stupid shit sometimes.

Edit: Hell, that quicklook was done in November, when there actually were games coming out. 
#37 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

Oh lord I can't remember the last time I saw an episode of Corrie on tele. A quick check on Wikipedia informs me that it's still running too.

What? you lost? Spin 720, have a beer and please join us again(happy face, requierd...)

#38 Posted by Banggoo (113 posts) -

I'm interested in this game. Hopefully a staff member will have a similar sentiment.

#39 Posted by BaconGames (3423 posts) -

I'd be into it except it's just a photo hunt game. Unless the photos are janky and hilarious it's probably just boring. Also 7 pound for that garbage?

#40 Posted by blueaniman93 (604 posts) -

Just because it's dumb doesn't mean this they should quicklook it.

#41 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

seems like an intern kinda job. 

#42 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

This is what I think of coronation street
#43 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -
@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

terrible analogy, bro. 
#44 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Glad to know that the community's ideas fall on deaf ears.

#45 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

Great idea, bro!

#46 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

I like this thread. I like the OP's idea. I think Vinny would be way into finding out what happened to the recipe.

#47 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

I still think.... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! QL this!

#48 Edited by jozzy (2042 posts) -

The cover is promising, but sadly it's a hidden object game. I can't see how you could make that interesting, not even the giant bomb crew.

#49 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@VelvetLore04 said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

You're stupid. 
#50 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

I think the crew is cashing in their vacation days atm, which is kind of reasonable.