For those who own both next gen consoles..

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

What reasons did you have for getting both a ps4 and Xbox one? Do you play one more than the other? And do you regret buying both? Personally I got my Xbox one on Friday after owning a ps4 since launch and I like it, though I hope I play it enough to warrant the purchase. See, I got it because there were exclusives I wanted, but I'm probably going to play all my multi platforms on ps4, so I'm hoping this purchase wasn't a mistake. I do know I wanted it for halo, gears, sunset, killer instinct, and recore when that hits. Although I think ps4 is still probably the better console this gen

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

I got my PS4 since that's what my friends and I decided we were going to use. I use it all the time. I bought an Xbox One around Christmas time. I watch Giant Bomb in my bedroom off the web browser...that's pretty much it. Maybe played 10 hours of games total since I bought it (I own about 10 games). A waste for now.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Current gen

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I have had a PS4 since launch, and also bought an Xbox One last week, and so far I use PS4 primarily for third party titles, and watching blurays, and then I use the Xbox One for first party, and the TV functionality.

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EdgeKasey

@raven_sword:

I only have a ps4 right now, but i will also be getting an xb1. I always have both major consoles...i also have a killer gaming pc too but hey ....

More money than brains I guess haha

My main reason is the Halo MCC. I know I want that, hopefully it will be working good when I get the console. Kinda bummed that I missed out on that great MCC bundle a couple weeks back...but there will be more!

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgekasey: they still have that bundle. That's what I bought

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ry_Ry

I have both. PS4 since launch and the Xbone more recently on sale for the Halo MCC.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Sterling

I bought both of them on their launches, day one for each. I play the PS4 more, it is my main console. I have each in a separate room in my house though. So I play them at different times. And I some times play the same games on each one. I like owning both because you never know whats coming out. I have all options open. And no I don't regret buying either. I can go a month or more without turning one of them on. But I don't consider that a waste. Its nice being able to switch it up some times. And I can play any console released. I don't have to worry about fan boy wars and worrying about who has what exclusive.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have both and I kinda regret buying the Xbone at launch. That thing.. is kinda crappy. At least now they have removed Kinect and maybe they're gonna get rid of that freaking bad interface- but at launch things were BAD. My xbone is also kinda broken, since the disc drive sometimes won't read discs. So yeah, not a good day one purchase. At least I got that fancy controller that turns off if you press buttons too hard. Nice move, Microsoft!

But, there have been some great games on the system and in the end it will probably be okay. The PS4 on the other hand is fine, even though I only buy stuff on there when I know the PC port is fucked (Batman).

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wii U is current gen. Technically.

And PC was, is and forever shall be current gen,

Who's got all four, and has a better justification than "I have more money than sense"?

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own both current gen consoles, PS4 and the Wii U.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rock Band 4.

I switched from 360 to PS4 because, well, PS4 is kinda a better deal for me personally (actually after i switched from PS2 to 360 because Sony bullshitting like crazy back on the PS3 launch, Sony already won me on the tail end of the last gen)...but than Rock Band 4 happened, and getting a XB One is actually cheaper (got it in a Deal) than re-buying all the DLC and such.

That said, even though few and far between, there are some neat exclusives, the whole Games with Gold thing is cool and as a german, Microsoft tends to be slightly more competent in getting as much stuff as possible on the Store.

Oh, and i also have a WiiU, because i got it cheap and wanted to play Mario World 3D, MK8 and Bayonetta 2.

I might've been a little too crazy on the spending this Gen.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Sergio

@raven_sword said:

What reasons did you have for getting both a ps4 and Xbox one? Do you play one more than the other? And do you regret buying both? Personally I got my Xbox one on Friday after owning a ps4 since launch and I like it, though I hope I play it enough to warrant the purchase. See, I got it because there were exclusives I wanted, but I'm probably going to play all my multi platforms on ps4, so I'm hoping this purchase wasn't a mistake. I do know I wanted it for halo, gears, sunset, killer instinct, and recore when that hits. Although I think ps4 is still probably the better console this gen

1. I got the PS4 because there were a few exclusives I wanted to play, along with some multiplatform games that I wanted a "next gen" console. (I didn't get it at launch.) I got the Xbox One because it was on sale for $320 with a couple of free games. (I got it about a year after launch.)
  2. I play the PS4 more than the Xbox One.
  3. Not really; I probably could have waited longer on getting the Xbox One since there's no "exclusives" that interests me coming out this year that isn't going to come out on PC also.

I also own a Wii U. I have more games for it and play it more than the Xbox One. I also own 3DS and Vita; again, more games and play them more than Xbox One. Okay, I take back my third answer; yeah, the Xbox One was a waste of a purchase when I can probably get it for less in a year's time when they might have something I'm interested in playing.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Xbox One came first for me--I think I got it because it would be funny? Bipolar doesn't help you develop wise spending habits--then my brother, who had a PS4 for a while before that, gave THAT to me because turns out he likes Smash Bros. better than literally anything that will ever come out on the PS4.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By MEATBALL

I have all three current gen systems after picking up the Xbone at the start of the year. I prefer the console experience to PC and would rather spend my money on owning all three systems than buying a decent PC, this way I also get access to the majority of the exclusives I care about.

I spend most of my time with the PS4, I prefer its UI and controller (though I do like the Xbone controller) and that 3rd party games are often better on that system (though not as often as I'd like, and with an awful lot of AF problems).

I don't regret my purchases at all (particularly the WiiU). It's great having all three systems and access to their exclusives. I've enjoyed my time with Ori & The Blind Forest, Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 enough that I'm totally happy to have bought the Xbox One in spite of the fact that I regularly go long stretches without using it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've had my PS4 for about a year and I got my Xbone about a month ago. PS4 is my go to for everything as I have more friends on it and I'm just more comfortable with it-controller and UI especially.

I bought the Xbone for the same reasons: the exclusives. I had an Xbox and a 360 growing up so I have some deep nostalgia for that shit. So after getting properly hyped for Halo 5 and wanting to get my hands on the exclusives already out I pulled the trigger. Haven't regretted it yet. MCC, Titanfall, and Horizon 2 have given me a lot to enjoy; Sunset and Dead Rising probably will to once they are cheaper.

I also own a Wii U which is cool but I definitely feel buyers remorse for it the most and play it the least. I guess I didn't realize how I don't really care about half of Nintendo's franchises so that's a lot of games knocked out of it's small library. But it was worth it for the drunk nights with Mario Kart and Smash. Also Mario Maker looks like it will make all the shit the Wii U makes you put up with, all worth it.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have all 5 current gen consoles, yes the handhelds.

I'm a collector. Gaming is my passion. I like to get all exclusives I'm interested in. I hate leaving things out.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always buy all new consoles at launch. There's always an exclusive that I want to play and playing video games is my main hobby. I don't want to miss a cool game because I don't have the system.

Still, I havent used my xbone much. My main reason for buying it was Quantum Break, but I'm also looking forward to the new Tomb Raider.

I occasionally use the Wii U too. Splatoon is fun.

I don't regret anything.

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Bought a PS4 a few months after launch and won a Xbox One in an Instagram competition from a local Game store.

I've played a few games on PS4, those I can't play on PC. On the Xbox I've played Sunset Overdrive and Just Dance (that's right), other than that I only use the Xbox for Kinect voice command to automatically turn on and off my TV, TV decoder and audio system.

I would never have bought an Xbox based on the games currently out.

If I could NOT have bought the PS4 I think I wouldn't have either. I use it way less than the Xbox, altough I don't use the xbox for games ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mainly to make sure I get all the games!

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got both as I never want to miss out on exclusives I want to play, I didn't get the XBOne till two months prior to Sunset Overdrive whereas I got the PS4 at launch as I wanted Killzone: Shadow Fall and inFamous: Second Son was early the following year. I play the PS4 more although looking at the the second half of this year I might be more focused on the XBOne as far as games I can't play on the PC.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I got the PS4 at launch and the X1 two or three months ago, honestly there isnt a lot of difference between the machines and any games i have played on either have been fine. In the end my decision was based on a few things, A - Final Fantasy XIV was coming to PS4, B - All that BS Microsoft tried to pull, C - The pretty big price difference. I also burned through half a dozen 360s and only 2 PS3s and as much as i was at one point invested in the gamerscore thing i fell off real fast. The main problem it has caused though is a complete fragmentation of my friendship group, half on one, half on the other, about the only thing we all play together now is FFXIV and only because those without PS4s can play it on PC.

There are now some exclusives heading to both consoles that i want but at the start there wasnt really anything much of a difference save the resolution and frame rate debacle that i really dont care about.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a PS4 at launch and an XboxOne a few months ago. The Xbox has been kind of shit. I'm having this problem of games not loading from the HD after the system has been in standby. PS4 has been better although truth be told there isn't a great reason for owning either of them over a good PC. There aren't any great console exclusives.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have both, I bought them both at launch because I was excited. I play Master Chief Collection occasionally still and haven't played my PS4 since Infamous came out.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I had both, but I gave my PS4 away for a third Xbox: One.

There just wasn't anything on the PS4 i wanted to play, i bought Infamous and thought i was going to play Bloodborne but ended up losing interest in the game a month before it came out. I might get a PS4 again for Horizon after reviews come out, haven't played a Guerrilla game I've liked and E3 demos can be misleading so i'm going to wait on that.

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By kieran_smith5

Got the Master Chief Collection bundle for a good deal, and I mainly bought it for the exclusives. I can afford to have both consoles. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who has a tight budget.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

To be honest these days I barely play either the Xbox One or the PS4 and spend the vast majority of the time playing on the PC. But there were games on launch and close to launch that I wanted play on both consoles which is why I purchased them. And there are a few console exclusives worth playing on both consoles but those are relatively few and far between. So while I don't regret buying both systems, I can't say I've been super satisfied by them. Then again, I also bought a Wii-U just to play Bayonetta 2 and that thing has been gathering dust on the shelf for months now.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Ozzie

Got a PS4 because I was pretty annoyed with Microsoft, the way they were pitching the Xbox One at first wasn't something I wanted. Plus they're weak reward system a few years back that gave me a quarter for my bday.... Since then its come around so I was ok with buying one but I really only did it because of Halo and a friend of mine I always play with got one. I'm pretty happy with both purchases since I'm a huge Halo fan and the PS4 has a few exclusives that I love.

kahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now wife, then girlfriend, I bought myself a Xbox One on launch, she bought me a PS4 for Christmas but gave it to me on launch. I use my PS4 more just because my game time is limited and basically just play Destiny with friends who also own a PS4. That will change in August once Gears comes out, and because of all the exclusives on X1 this holiday. Use the X1 daily though for it's media features. I like the X1 more overall.

Punched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a launch PS4 and wish it was an Xbox. Only thing I would have missed out on up until now would have been Resogun.

ian280291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have all five current-gen rigs. All it takes to get my money is a white SKU.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Xbox one picks up a bit though.

G3ese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own a Xbox One and WiiU. Never been a fan of Sony hardware or any of their exclusives (Except Uncharted)

DeepSpace9MM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The only reason I have both is because I'm bad with money. I've had a PS4 since launch and I bought an XBONE last year because Best Buy had a good deal. I still regret it. I bought a tv about a month ago and I haven't even hooked up the XBONE to it. I use my PS4 pretty much daily, though.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have both but play almost exclusively on my xbox one as far as consoles go. Mostly because of friends I've accumulated over time on the previous xbox consoles. Don't regret the PS4 buy at all. Last of Us was worth it alone, and I'll play No Man's Sky on it soon too. Resogun is fantastic on PS4 as well and deserves a mention.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By mrbubbles

I bought both for their exclusives. Everything else I play on my PC. The only one I'm regretting is the xbox one, I couldn't get into sunset overdrive as much as I was hoping too and have only played through the masterchief collection. Also nothing seems to be coming out for the xbox one (exclusive wise) for a while.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Calmgamer

Exclusives, baby. I love the Halo and Gears series, I also love Uncharted and Bloodborne, and The Last of Us.

This is a my main hobby, I don't regret owning all the consoles.

MeldingPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got an Xbox One first because I had a semi-broken 60 GB PS3 that I was able to trade-in and get a pretty steep discount. I was also really into the exclusives Microsoft was pushing (Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive). Those games have their problems, but I don't regret picking them up. The Master Chief Collection is another story.

I got a PS4 for Bloodborne, which ended up being a disappointment to me, personally. Since then I've mostly used my PS4 to dink around in PS+ games for a couple of hours. Rocket League has been the PS4 game I've been playing most recently. Not sure how I feel about that.

Nowadays I keep both consoles around because there are some exclusives down their respective roads I'm interested in, but I also keep an eye on digital deals for each system. It's a decent way to keep costs down after a heavy initial investment.

I find myself using the Xbox One the most, largely because I like the controller more; I'm a dude with smaller hands so my thumbs slip off the PS4 analog sticks pretty easily. Overall, if I could nix either console it would be the PS4. I use the TV HDMI pass through on the Xbox One for videos I want to watch on my computer and the Kinect is necessary for Xbox Fitness, but I go weeks without actually turning on my PlayStation. It's actually kind of a bummer. I was a big PS3 fan last generation.

Also, I have a Wii U because it was, like, $100 on Groupon one weekend and I was intoooooooxicated.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it comes down to a single one, I only saw a reason to get a PS4 out of the two, but I got both just because I could and thats what I've always done with new hardware. After giving the Xbone a chance for the last nearly 2 years now, however, I sold it. I see no value in the console from that period to now, nor anything in the coming future.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I got a PS4 because my girlfriend moved across the country so she bought me one for Christmas (she already had one and I had expressed interest so that we could play together). We played a ton of Destiny, and I also wanted one for Bloodborne (which I ended up hating :/), Ratchet, and the rest of Sony's upcoming exclusives, which I tend to like a whole hell of a lot more than Microsoft's.

I don't currently own one, but I do want an Xbone as well. I really want to play MCC, and I'd probably pick up a Forza game and maybe Sunset Overdrive. I'm just waiting to grab the console at a meaningful discount.

I also have a PC with a GTX 980, so the consoles are literally only for exclusives.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got both because there were (and still are) games I wanted for both that I could only get on each respective platform. I play my PS4 waaaaay more at the moment, but I suddenly don't regret getting my XB1. It just so happens that at this point in time all the games I want to play are only available on PS4.