#1 Posted by XxRANGAxX (226 posts) -

Hi I was wondering is there a way to change a games resolution out of the game? meaning I have GTA: san andreas but in the game there is no option to display at 1920x1080, now i had the same problem with Splinter Cell conviction all i had to do is find an .ini file and change it in that, but i cant find a way to do it in san andreas, can anyone help, is there a way to do it?

#2 Posted by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -

I saw somewhere on a forum that scrolling the mouse wheel will cycle through the resolution options for San Andreas. Not able to confirm myself, but give that a whirl.

#3 Posted by CornBREDX (6058 posts) -

From my understanding theres a patch that adds that resolution to the game natively:

http://www.widescreengaming.net/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_San_Andreas

#4 Posted by XxRANGAxX (226 posts) -
@CornBREDX: thanks man, but the first patch i tried didnt work, it might have somthing to do with the fact that i have bought the game through steam, do you know if there are any other ways to do it?
#5 Posted by Murdouken (709 posts) -

i'm not sure if t works, but try setting "-w 1920 -h 1080" in your launch options.

#6 Posted by XxRANGAxX (226 posts) -
@Murdouken:  sorry I dont know what you mean when you launch the game it just starts there are no launch options, and like i said guys i did that .ini file thing with splinter cell conviction there must be a way to do it with san andreas
#7 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Yeah!  Gaming Revolution!  We'll rise up and a new golden age of gaming will begin!

#8 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@XxRANGAxX said:
" @Murdouken:  sorry I dont know what you mean when you launch the game it just starts there are no launch options, and like i said guys i did that .ini file thing with splinter cell conviction there must be a way to do it with san andreas "
Right click the game in library, properties, set launch options, type in  -w 1920 -h 1080 

I think the patch would be a better choice though
#9 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

I bought the game from Steam and the patch worked for me in terms of being able to set 1920x1080 resolution. Just go to graphics options after patching to version 1.01.

#10 Posted by XxRANGAxX (226 posts) -
@Geno: yea but the patch dose not work it when i try to patch it says "Old file dose not exist" and then stops the patch
#11 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@XxRANGAxX said:
" @Geno: yea but the patch dose not work it when i try to patch it says "Old file dose not exist" and then stops the patch "
I think you might be using the wrong method, just download the .exe and copy+paste it into the folder, overwriting the old one.  

I forgot where I got mine, but according to this thread, this download link should work.