Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By EightBitWarrior
Just got ahold of a copy of the game on saturday (thanks Wesker!), which has been just plain awesome. I never originally wanted to sell the game when I owned it before in the first place, but I needed to come up with some money in order to get a new PS3 when it broke on me (they didn't sell 20gb models anymore, so I needed 100 more dollars to upgrade to a 60 off my warranty). Getting into it again recently, cooping with Wesker himself, and Lordofultima, has been an absolute blast.

In a lot of ways, this game smokes GTA4 and any other open world game with the sheer amount of fun you have just messing around coupled with the collecting of the orbs and leveling up your guy. I'm not saying it's better than GTA4 (because it's not), but damn, how the hours and hours just FLY when you're playing that game. As my buddy Denis would say "I can't put the crack down."

The DLC for that game is so worth the money too, BTW. I bought that a long time ago, and have never regretted it. The vehicles are SICK. Especially the tank type thing you get that lets you fire infinite rockets a nonstop barrage at any time by pressing left bumper. Oh, and having a 100 ammo rocket launcher as well is really nice (although admittedly not as user friendly as the firefly that you get in the standard game).

If you don't have the game yet and have a 360, you would be crazy not to pick it up right now. It's currently TEN dollars new on NewEgg:

Check you later dudes!
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By EightBitWarrior
Just got ahold of a copy of the game on saturday (thanks Wesker!), which has been just plain awesome. I never originally wanted to sell the game when I owned it before in the first place, but I needed to come up with some money in order to get a new PS3 when it broke on me (they didn't sell 20gb models anymore, so I needed 100 more dollars to upgrade to a 60 off my warranty). Getting into it again recently, cooping with Wesker himself, and Lordofultima, has been an absolute blast.

In a lot of ways, this game smokes GTA4 and any other open world game with the sheer amount of fun you have just messing around coupled with the collecting of the orbs and leveling up your guy. I'm not saying it's better than GTA4 (because it's not), but damn, how the hours and hours just FLY when you're playing that game. As my buddy Denis would say "I can't put the crack down."

The DLC for that game is so worth the money too, BTW. I bought that a long time ago, and have never regretted it. The vehicles are SICK. Especially the tank type thing you get that lets you fire infinite rockets a nonstop barrage at any time by pressing left bumper. Oh, and having a 100 ammo rocket launcher as well is really nice (although admittedly not as user friendly as the firefly that you get in the standard game).

If you don't have the game yet and have a 360, you would be crazy not to pick it up right now. It's currently TEN dollars new on NewEgg:

Check you later dudes!
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Yeah that game was sweet.

Although I admittedly didn't play it as much after the initial first two/three weeks or so, I still had a blast with it. Played co-op with my buddy online a lot, had a lot of funny moments (most of them consisting of huge explosions and me flying through the air XD).

Too bad it was so short :\

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Alexander

It certainly was a great deal of fun on coop. If only they updated it for 4 players. The explosions in that game where something else.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4  Edited By natetodamax

Ah, I remember Crackdown. So much fun

Under_Influenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Under_Influenz

I loved the mechanics of crackdown. But I hated how there was no variety to the missions. It was all 'go here and kill this dude.' 

EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EightBitWarrior
@Under_Influenz: The biggest problem with it is they always put 4 million enemies in front of the boss that deplete your life insanely.
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DBoy

Crackdown was absolutely phenomenal.  Glad you're enjoying it dude.
We should get a game on soon.

ArtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By ArtG

I actually had an itch to play Crackdown the other day. Probably won't get to scratch it for a while, but I kinda want to get all those damn orbs.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By lordofultima

Gonna play some now, word son.

MjsStefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MjsStefan

That game was awesome. The best part was beating the game and running around collecting all the orbs, it becomes addictive, so be careful.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toowalrus

Still haven't finished Crackdown. I'm gonna be going through the back-catalog of games I missed. Hell, I just started playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted today. Did you know that game is busted? My controller is unattended right now, while my car's parked on that ledge gathering Bounty... Apparently Razor's tough no matter what, though...

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By buzz_clik

Crackdown was the mallards testicles, for sure. I loved it despite not being able to find that ONE LAST FREAKIN' ORB.

Bastard.

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By darro

Never technically finished Crackdown although Denis and I did go through the boss rush mode or whatever it was called pretty much on the hardest difficulty and it was insane but we did it and go some points out of it. :)  Crackdown is a very fun game, which people who only got it for the Halo 3 beta found out while others probably didn't touch it at all before and after the beta.

We need to play some but then again I am never on the same time as you nowadays anyway so its pretty hard to do so. :P

xShR3Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xShR3Dx

Yeah man Crackdown is the shit.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I liked Crackdown better than GTAIV.  I appreciate what that game did but I had more fun with Crackdown.  That game in co-op is a ton of fun to play.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buzz_clik
Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
I liked Crackdown better than GTAIV.
Agreed. I still haven't finished GTA IV, but I finished the shit out of Crackdown.
Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

Yeah, this game was, and is still great. It's actually the game that got my brother to buy his 360. The amount of stuff you could do with all of the skills was really fun. Figuring out that I could drive up walls with the SUV when I had my driving maxed out was amazing.

JonnyAvacado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JonnyAvacado

Absolutely man, Crackdown is so frigging good.  Definitely hit me up if you wanna get a game going!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, crackdown was awesome. It could have been better, but it was still great.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HandsomeDead

Any game I can finish in about 3 hours is garbage. Crackdown is garbage.

EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EightBitWarrior
@HandsomeDead: I guess Super Mario Bros. is garbage, then.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HandsomeDead

Basically, yeah.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lashe

Crackdown is the most fun I've had with the sandbox genre since Spiderman 2.

And I loved me some Spiderman 2.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hairydutchman

It's a really special game. Just jumping around on buildings looking for agility orbs is one of the must fun things I've done this generation.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lordofultima

Crackdown is god, people talking about InFamous and Prototype, when Crackdown has already done it and done it BETTER. There's no excuse for those games not having a multiplayer component, it's so damn fun just jumping around with another player.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Whisperkill

Am I the only person who thinks this Blog post seems like it was written by a marketing person on Crackdown?

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By killdave

Crackdown - ah the good days

super awesome game, glad you got to play it

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By Claude

I love how video games are brought back to life be it by sequel or by comparison. When Assassin's Creed 2 was announced, I bought Assassin's Creed, still playing it. I don't have a PS3, can't play InFamous, so... Crackdown. Why not? I never played it, and it's inexpensive. I see a theme here. The video game gods are talking to me.

billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By billcosby2004

Yup, Crackdown is one of the funnest games this gen.  They will not need a Halo beta to sell a Crackdown sequel to me, that's for sure.  Day f'in one!

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Yeah, Crackdown was fantastic, especially for a game where my expectations were so low.  It had problems, sure, but when a game makes the act of moving about the world as entertaining as Crackdown, that can make up for a whole lot.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By wrecks

Yes! Crackdown is great! It's the Bee's Knees! Sequel Please.

Whiplash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Whiplash

I remember i bought Crackdown for the Halo 3 beta, and liked Crackdown more than the beta.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thiago
lordofultima said:
Crackdown is god, people talking about InFamous and Prototype, when Crackdown has already done it and done it BETTER. There's ... [more]

Oh Geez, xbot defense force doing damage control.
C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By C0V3RT

Glad to see Crackdown getting some love.  I still go back and play Crackdown every now and then.  Getting all the agility orbs (without using a guide mind you) is easily my proudest achievement.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lordofultima
@thiago: Xbox defense force? You dumb or something? Prototype is on the 360 as well, crazy I know. If you don't like Crackdown then you're obviously mad.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By penguindust

Yes, Crackdown is fun, really really fun.  I hope there is some news of Crackdown 2 next week.