• 76 results
#1 Posted by Knibbly (107 posts) -

I know that everyone likes to think that, because GB currently has no moderation in place for the forums, that people can run their mouths and talk about anything and everything. Off-topic is off-topic but that's no reason for there to be threads about feminine hygiene and swearing just because you can. I'm not saying that I'm fully against things like this, I think swearing is totally fine but shouldn't be used in a forum just because you can. This is just me rambling but I hope I can vouch for at least a couple other people.

#2 Posted by Cadmus (290 posts) -

Preach it brotha!!

#3 Posted by Jechtshot78 (42 posts) -

Who gives a fuck?

Seriously, this is not the kiddie pool.

#4 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -

silence wonderpig , enjoy this opertunity to post your opinions about gaming

because once you wish is fufilled

this place will decend into shitery

#5 Posted by Feanor (1387 posts) -

If people want to swear then let them swear.  Don't get your panties in a bunch.

#6 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

Agreed. People need to go through the precautions they would on any forum. Use the search feature, check to see if your topic has been created or not. Use the help tools, so you'll know where to find your console specific forum. No more trolling or spam.
I really hope people can learn to control themselves, or we get more mods soon.

#7 Posted by RabbitKarrot (362 posts) -

I do believe this place needs a little more moderation at the moment... But strict moderation is far from necessary. 

#8 Posted by GuyWithGlasses (23 posts) -

meh

#9 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

STFU!!!!

THIS ..... IS.,..... FREEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gertsmann fought for this shit with his life and you wanna get it crippled like how GS is? well screw you

#10 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Agreed, People are acting to much like jack*****

#11 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
Riddler said:
"

STFU!!!!

Gertsmann fought for this shit with his life and you wanna get it crippled like how GS is? well screw you

"

QUOTED FOR THE FUCKING TRUTH
#12 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

I think it's just post-launch euphoria. Things'll die down in a week or so I would say. Certainly won't have 8,000 people registering ever day, that's for sure.

But if you're not a fan of the craziness in OT and GG, head off to a specialzed board and lurk there for a little while. They're nice and quiet.

#13 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

Meh, its just the aftermath of the explosion. Let the dust settle before striking criticism.

#14 Posted by YoungBuck (207 posts) -

leave

#15 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

I may not ever swear, but other people swearing is not my problem, nor a problem I have with the site. What I'm angry about is the countless numbers of duplicate topics, as well as topics that or unnecessary and should be deleted. We need the trash taken out.

#16 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

I have more of an issue with the moronic topics that get posted.

#17 Posted by davecuk (158 posts) -

The more organised they make the forums the easier they would be to moderate and require less moderators. In the forums current setup no amount of moderators will ever be enough due to the possibility of having forums for every inanimate object in every game etc. The very least they could do to make their jobs easier would be to put a RTM button on each post.

#18 Posted by BeyondPerfection (49 posts) -

The site just launched..

Why must people always find something to cry about?

#19 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

if i dont want to view rubbish topics swearing ect, i dont go in off topic.

#20 Posted by iamsickofspam (111 posts) -
BoG said:
Agreed. People need to go through the precautions they would on any forum. Use the search feature, check to see if your topic has been created or not. Use the help tools, so you'll know where to find your console specific forum. No more trolling or spam.

BoG said:
What I'm angry about is the countless numbers of duplicate topics, as well as topics that or unnecessary and should be deleted. We need the trash taken out.

Amen, i agree with other peoples sentiments too, its probably just the buzz around the website launch at the minute, the kids will calm down after a week, at least i hope.

#21 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

I agree, so many duplicated threads and whatnot, wish I was a mod just so I can iron all these threads out, to much of the same.

#22 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -

Chill people, its early days. Beta days in fact.

#23 Posted by TheIneffableBob (243 posts) -

Light moderation makes for fun forums. :D

Strict moderation also works, e.g., FacePunchStudios Forums, but that takes a dedicated team of moderators.

#24 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

Alright guys, I have been reassured. Snide is saying just to give it all some time. I've got faith they'll get to everything in due time.

#25 Posted by Grady (163 posts) -
Riddler said:
"

STFU!!!!

"
PREACH!!!!!  PREACH!!!!!!!!!!

#26 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
TheIneffableBob said:
"Light moderation makes for fun forums. :D

Strict moderation also works, e.g., FacePunchStudios Forums, but that takes a dedicated team of moderators."

facepunch is automated
#27 Posted by blizzvalve (128 posts) -

Live for the moment. Swear as much as you want if you have to.

#28 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

I think that feminine hygiene topics are a bit too much, but swearing doesn't bother me.
Everyone just needs to use common sense on what to post and what not to post.

#29 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -
Thomas said:
"I think that feminine hygiene topics are a bit too much, but swearing doesn't bother me.
Everyone just needs to use common sense on what to post and what not to post.
"
It's the internet, just wait for the twelve year olds to start rolling in.
#30 Posted by Aaron_G (1611 posts) -

There are moderators, I saw a user with "Moderator" on the person's icon.

#31 Posted by Tiago (92 posts) -

Last I checked, there was only 1 forum section.

#32 Posted by SmAsH (234 posts) -

I think this site should stay far away from very strict moderation, if anything it should be a nice relaxing place where if one wants to can swear, but not to go ballistic. Off-topic is off-topic, if they want to talk about "Feminine Hygiene" they so be it, I mean it is off-topic for a reason. So far I haven't seen anything abnormal or crazy on the forums, although some people are taking the whole swearing privilege a little to hard. Remember it is a privilege and not a right to be allowed to swear, I'm all for it, for people to express their emotions/feelings, but don't use it just because you can, I guess I do agree with you there jvpde.

#33 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -
Aaron_G said:
"There are moderators, I saw a user with "Moderator" on the person's icon.
"
I think that they're just few and far between at the moment. Expected since this is it's first day.
#34 Posted by Knibbly (107 posts) -
blizzvalve said:
"

Live for the moment. Swear as much as you want if you have to.

"
"..if you have to" is my point. Like I said, I'm all for swearing but not just because you can. I like to assume that we're not all 7 years old here.
#35 Posted by biggest_loser (219 posts) -

Welcome to a world without rules...

#36 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -
biggest_loser said:
"Welcome to a world without rules...
"
To use the PS3 slogan: "Just wait..."
#37 Posted by Gary_Jinfield (84 posts) -

I for one advocate an increase in feminine hygiene discussion on video game websites. It is sorely an underrepresented topic.

#38 Posted by Guerrilla_Mason (476 posts) -

I don't mind if people curse at all, it's part of their vocabulary. What are ya gonna do? The only thing I hate is the bashing of people. That's really annoying.

#39 Posted by namster (132 posts) -

well the feminine hygiene thread wasnt that bad in concept
it gave potential readers fair warning before entering and the topic creator voiced his opinion in a sane and reasonable manner
your personal ability to face such topics does not fall under the responsibility of the TC if he/she is being mature about it

as for the overuse of swearing
tune that back and only use it where it seems necessary or at least dont cuss like a 10 yr old who starts swearing to sound cool as soon as an adult is out of ear shot

#40 Posted by Cuff (1 posts) -

Test

#41 Posted by MisoRonery (468 posts) -

Things will stabilize eventually into some form of normalcy.  I am kind of enjoying this first burst of craziness though.  The inmates are running the asylum, and aside from a few idiots its a beautiful thing.

#42 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -

Some mods are a necessarily thing, hopefully the staff will give them just enough power to actually moderate and strip them of status if they turn into an ass or don't do there job, I'm all for freedom of opinion and using whatever words you want to describe something but a little bit of moderation keeps things tidy. 

#43 Posted by De5 (98 posts) -

I think the only things that should be moderated are hate comments, flaming, and then things like topics about racism and religion.

Swearing and such doesn't need to be modded.

#44 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

CitizenKane is a moderator.

They will moderate as they feel.

If you do not like the content on the site, or forums, you're free to leave.

#45 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -
Cube said:
"CitizenKane is a moderator.

They will moderate as they feel.

If you do not like the content on the site, or forums, you're free to leave.
"
Or you can actually try and make a site you like a better place
#46 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Once they build up their army of moderators, I'm sure all those punks will get the bomb dropped on them sooner or later.  For now, just ignore it.  Remember, if you reply in a troll thread, it just bumps it up to the top.

#47 Posted by capitanm1 (205 posts) -

To much freedom attracts idiots (as far as forums go)... But if thats how they want to keep it here im fine with that, I been around forums long enough to tell the boys from the men (hardly any girls).... I think alot of people are aiming to be mods on this site... Dont act a fool, for those who want mod spots.

#48 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -

Give us a bit of freedom for a day!

#49 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -
MisoRonery said:
"Things will stabilize eventually into some form of normalcy.  I am kind of enjoying this first burst of craziness though.  The inmates are running the asylum, and aside from a few idiots its a beautiful thing.
"
Erm, what is your avatar?
#50 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

I've already been moderated once, and I only have like three posts.