Forum Stuff Update: Post Hiding & Community Reporting Disabled

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Edited By mike

Hey guys, you probably have all noticed by now, but just in case you haven't, the mechanic which hides posts after they receive a certain number of negative ratings have been removed.  You can still rate posts, the rating just doesn't do anything anymore.

Additionally, the Community Ratings Tool has been disabled for quite some time.  In lieu of an actual reporting feature, please refer to this post on How To Contact A Moderator which I just updated with some more current information.  Contact one of us directly when you need something.

This happened a while ago, but there were no official announcements.  Thank the guys upstairs for this one. 

Here are some links to more threads and the Forum Guide which you may find helpfull:

GiantBomb Community IRC Channel
Using Game-specific forums
Giant Bomb How-To: Creating a New Gallery and Adding Images 
Giant Bomb How-To: Editing Your Icon 
Giant Bomb How-To: Creating & Adding to Lists

-Mike

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

Hey guys, you probably have all noticed by now, but just in case you haven't, the mechanic which hides posts after they receive a certain number of negative ratings have been removed.  You can still rate posts, the rating just doesn't do anything anymore.

Additionally, the Community Ratings Tool has been disabled for quite some time.  In lieu of an actual reporting feature, please refer to this post on How To Contact A Moderator which I just updated with some more current information.  Contact one of us directly when you need something.

This happened a while ago, but there were no official announcements.  Thank the guys upstairs for this one. 

Here are some links to more threads and the Forum Guide which you may find helpfull:

GiantBomb Community IRC Channel
Using Game-specific forums
Giant Bomb How-To: Creating a New Gallery and Adding Images 
Giant Bomb How-To: Editing Your Icon 
Giant Bomb How-To: Creating & Adding to Lists

-Mike

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

Wish we would be notified when they change something... You can now also add games without boxart, looks like that was added yesterday.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

I did notice this a while ago, now if the tool gets abused at least posts won't be hidden now. Good stuff!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I noticed this the other day. Any news on an ETA for the reporting feature? I'm sure one of the staffers said one was coming.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Karmum

Noticed this just recently, I haven't even been bothered using the community rating tool, since many of the moderators are on the IRC.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By serbsta

Thank god, every time you made a post that went slightly against the grain it got bummed down until you couldn't see it anymore. Was a disfunctional system, hope its gone for good.

=]