• 143 results
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dr_Cash

GT5 does not stand a chance. Why sure GT5 will be a good game Forza 3 is going to once again OWN GT.

We can no longer say Forza has bad graphics.  In fact they look better then GT5 And with the in car view and once again full custome paint jobs and best damage modeling around. Oh and we alreay know Forza will be the online king. It's a NO BRAINER FORZA IS THE BEST RACER PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/media/videos/default.htm#/video/114/

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/media/videos/default.htm#/video/120/

Just go watch this and you all will see that GT has just been layed to rest. ZOMFG did he say ROLLOVER and 4XAA and 60 frames. Wa WA WHAT!!!
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-forza-motorsport/50202

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

*posting in a dr. crash thread*  I wont lie, Forza 3 does look awesome.

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer

I don't even like racing games and this looks absolutely amazing.

Solidlizardz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Solidlizardz

WOW, Turn 10 are magicians..........

They pulled 2 Forzas on 360 before GT5 even came out..............Insane. Props the games looks amazing
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PercyChuggs

Oh please. I love Forza and only like Gran Turismo, but let's get real people. Gran Turismo 5 will look just as good. At this point, with games becoming almost photo-realistic, who cares if one game has 10 more polygons in their cars?

Get over it people.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By ez123

Of course it has. That guy said that it is THE definitive racing game of this generation.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dr_Cash

All I know is Forza 2 was only lacking in car view with it in Forza 3 now my life will be taken over by Forza for a few years I think.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By thiago

Forza = the one that is not Gran Turismo

Seriously, it needs to eat a lot of rice and beans to get to the level of what Gran Turismo offers.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Steve_C

Looks nice for sure, but wait until we see GT5 proper.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike
@Dr_Cash: Still can't manage to post threads about games in their own forums, I see.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

A Dr_Cash thread yet again....*sigh*

I think Forza 3 looks sweet, but I obviously don't agree with anything else you said. I am sure GT5 will be able to stand a chance and it should be great as well.

Now, what about Need for Speed: SHIfT? (I still love that name, lol)

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate

Dr_cash still can't manage to create threads that don't make him sound liek a completely hyperactive 5 year old tosser wwith a napoleion complex and shingles after downing a pint of red bull

Though i must admit graphically forza 3 looks immense, however all the new features they announced were pretty much ripped straight from grid -and we aint seen anything at all really from new gt5- so lets not get ahead of ourselves shall we? 
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dr_Cash

Yeah and all GT5 will do now is just try and copy Forza 3 now.

It is sad that Sony can not even get a real GT game out before Turn 10 has 2 Forza's on 360. It's a shame really.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dr_Cash

You see I told you guys a few months back that Turn 10 said wait until you see are new graphic engine. They did not lie. It's SICK

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By BigBoss1911
@MB said:
" @Dr_Cash: Still can't manage to post threads about games in their own forums, I see. "
His 10 year old fanboy mind just cant handle the complexity i guess.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By mike
@OmegaPirate said:
" Dr_cash still can't manage to create threads that don't make him sound liek a completely hyperactive 5 year old tosser wwith a napoleion complex and shingles after downing a pint of red bull

Though i must admit graphically forza 3 looks immense, however all the new features they announced were pretty much ripped straight from grid -and we aint seen anything at all really from new gt5- so lets not get ahead of ourselves shall we? 
"
Agreed on all points. It does look good, but I like the wait and see approach personally.
Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nasar7

I still think GT5 looks better.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JJOR64
@BigBoss1911 said:
"
@MB said:
" @Dr_Cash: Still can't manage to post threads about games in their own forums, I see. "
His 10 year old fanboy mind just cant handle the complexity i guess. "
:-P
Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#19  Edited By Pepsiman
@Dr_Cash said:
" Yeah and all GT5 will do now is just try and copy Forza 3 now.It is sad that Sony can not even get a real GT game out before Turn 10 has 2 Forza's on 360. It's a shame really. "
You... you realize that as they're both games in the same sub-genre, they're bound to have similar features to begin with, right? As games get released, the more influential features get evolved and elaborated upon. It's true for most any genre in games and for a lot of entertainment mediums in genre. And so what if some things are blatant copies? Is that inherently a bad thing if the copy turns out to be as good (or, heaven forbid, better implemented) than the original?

Oh, wait, I applied logic to this thread. Dammit.
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dr_Cash
@MB said:
"
@OmegaPirate said:
" Dr_cash still can't manage to create threads that don't make him sound liek a completely hyperactive 5 year old tosser wwith a napoleion complex and shingles after downing a pint of red bull

"
Agreed on all points. It does look good, but I like the wait and see approach personally. "
Hey I still said GT will be a good game. But honestly most just know now that Forza is the real deal for car sim games. And with graphics this good and still full custome paint jobs that will be very hard for GT to deal with.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Diamond

I think the trailers are CG personally.

Wouldn't be the first time either, Forza 2 had CG trailers too.

If this is gameplay graphics, Turn10 just took a big dump all over Crysis on a $4000 PC...

'Play Teaser' movie especially looks impossible.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BigBoss1911

To fuel the fire.I gotta be honest they look pretty similar.But this is just prologue so.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By cinemandrew

I really loved Forza 2, and I'm glad that it came with my 360, but I just don't see myself getting that excited for another "racing simulator". I've been playing them since GT1, and aside from graphics, I haven't seen a whole lot of evolution since GT3 came out. I still want this game, and I'll want GT5 when it comes out, but not for $60.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PercyChuggs
@thiago said:
" Forza = the one that is not Gran TurismoSeriously, it needs to eat a lot of rice and beans to get to the level of what Gran Turismo offers. "
What does that even mean? GT is just so superior in every way? You're such a fanboy dolt.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_A_Drain

Yeah because we all know demo's are drastically different from the final products... Shit, take it from somebody who knows that they are talking about, the reason you got (and payed for!) a demo and have to wait for the final game is because the art assets for a game that good looking take literally years to produce (the amount they want anyway), the base code (and hence, the graphics themselves) will look exactly the fucking same as they did with Prologue, the only reason they put prologue out is to make a few bucks out of people who couldn't wait.

Disclaimer: I don't give a fuck, I hate racing games. I just calls it like I see's it, and the way I see's it, if you paid for Prologue, you paid for a fucking demo. Nice going.

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joshs

I've always liked Forza more. Simply because it has, on average, better cars. Who REALLY wants to race in 15 different mini coopers? Stick to fast cars and you are king.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_A_Drain
@JoshS:

Tell that shit to my mum, she collects Mini Coopers haha :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT5 is going to be so far behind by time it comes out.

We've gotten Forza 2 and Forza 3 before GT5.

Axis_of_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Axis_of_Evil

As long as i can drop an RB26 into my Sylvia I'm in!

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hairydutchman

I think Forza looks way more gamey than GT

@BigBoss1911 said:
" To fuel the fire.I gotta be honest they look pretty similar.But this is just prologue so.
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Graphics wise GT can't be beaten.
joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By joshs
@The_A_Drain: I'm not going to lie and say I never used one in the game, but the first time I took it on the track, I was bored out of my mind. Going at a top speed of 60MPH is in no way FUN. :P
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_A_Drain
@JoshS:

Haha, should try one for real, those things are like fucking go karts, it's amazing! No suspension AT ALL. So much fun haha, only problem is while you get vintage insurance (might as well not even be paying it it's so cheap) the upkeep cost is horrendous because they fall apart to damned easy.
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#33  Edited By godzilla_sushi
@thiago said:
" Forza = the one that is not Gran TurismoSeriously, it needs to eat a lot of rice and beans to get to the level of what Gran Turismo offers. "
So how long did it take you to finish Forza 2 when you decided it wasn't as good?
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By meteora

What's taking GT5 so bloody long? FM2 came out and now we're getting FM3...

Graphically both games will look pretty much the same, maybe one will have better looking models and grass than the other. But it looks really nice from what I can tell. 60 fps is also a plus.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DECA555
@Dr_Cash: quality over quantity
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By RHCPfan24

It's funny how Dr_Cash seems to ignore every negative thing said about him and just keeps rambling on about the same topic over and over. And then it changes the next day. He never seems to have a constant opinion.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nettacki
@The_A_Drain said:
" Yeah because we all know demo's are drastically different from the final products... Shit, take it from somebody who knows that they are talking about, the reason you got (and payed for!) a demo and have to wait for the final game is because the art assets for a game that good looking take literally years to produce (the amount they want anyway), the base code (and hence, the graphics themselves) will look exactly the fucking same as they did with Prologue, the only reason they put prologue out is to make a few bucks out of people who couldn't wait.Disclaimer: I don't give a fuck, I hate racing games. I just calls it like I see's it, and the way I see's it, if you paid for Prologue, you paid for a fucking demo. Nice going. "

FYI, that "demo" was quite a bit more in depth in terms of content than most racing games released at that time, let alone a free demo taken from the PSN store.

70+ cars, 6 tracks (well, at least it's more than what most demos give you), a decent number of events (30), and a varied (if somewhat unstable) online mode shows that it's far more than just a demo. The only thing I agree with you on is that it's not quite worth $40, should've been $20-$30.

I wouldn't call it a "demo" so much as an average-sized game that acts as a precursor to an even larger one.

PS: a general "Fuck you" to both Dr_Cash and thiago for arguing like idiots, not just in this thread but in others.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RandomHero666
@PercyChuggs said:
" Oh please. I love Forza and only like Gran Turismo, but let's get real people. Gran Turismo 5 will look just as good. At this point, with games becoming almost photo-realistic, who cares if one game has 10 more polygons in their cars?Get over it people. "
As a racing sim the whole GT franchise is a joke, no damage, idiotic AI, bouncy walls etc etc
Forza 2 is still amazing to play, cant wait for Forza 3.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CL60

:D

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By Jared

I know people say GT5 can't be beat but to be honest I really don't care when no one has played the game and there's still no release date in sight. By the time GT5 comes out two amazing Forza games will have been released and a 4th installment will most likely be on the way.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By pirate_republic

Eh? I say they're about the same.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RandomHero666
@CL60 said:
" :D "
=D
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PureRok

You know... for once, I actually agree with Cash. Forza 3 is a better game, and I haven't even seen anything more than that CG trailer.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ben_H

As a past Gran Turismo fan converted to a Forza fan I have one argument for GT fans:  Sure the cars look great, but you lose all sense of realism when you crash your supercar into a wall at 200 MPH and it bounces and still looks like it just came out of the car wash.  The cars in Forza get dirty and scratched up, you have to be careful to not hit the walls or damage your car.  I specifically remember losing a four hour endurance race on the fourth last lap because I piled my Ferrari into the wall due to not paying attention.  Contrary to that, I remember strategically crashing in GT so I could do hairpins faster.  The lack of car damage really is what makes me view Gran Turismo as the inferior game.  I do think it looks better but to me, it's all about having fun, not looking at shiny cars.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By killdave

I was impressed with Forza 3. Looking forward to that.
I'll prob get GT5 too though

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By grilledcheez

I don't understand this love for GT...I thought it was pretty much widely accepted that Forza took the crown from them...Forza 2 took it even further away, and now Forza 3 is going to THE MOON with it.  You can't call your game a sim racer if it doesn't have decent physics and I have yet to play a GT game with good physics.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Discorsi

I never am interested in racing games (except Midnight Club in the arcade) but Forza 3 has me interested.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jakob187

Oh, cool...a game that looks good in STILL SHOTS!!!  I remember how Forza 2 looked great in STILL SHOTS...and then the game came out.  JAGGIES EVERYWHERE!  The damage modeling was alright, but repetitive and boring compared to something like the REAL king of damage modeling - Burnout Paradise.  There's also the lack of honest car physics, something which Codemasters has yet to fail at doing.  Frankly, while all you racing noobs drool over your Forzas and your Gran Turismos...I'll be over here, playing GTR...a REAL man's racing game.  = D

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nasar7
@cinemandrew:
@cinemandrew said:
" I really loved Forza 2, and I'm glad that it came with my 360, but I just don't see myself getting that excited for another "racing simulator". I've been playing them since GT1, and aside from graphics, I haven't seen a whole lot of evolution since GT3 came out. I still want this game, and I'll want GT5 when it comes out, but not for $60. "
This. Let's all pause for a moment to remember how awesome GT3: A-Spec was. I would feel the same as you but I took a break from racing sims after GT3, haven't played GT4 or Forza 2 so I don't have any real loyalties to either, just very fond memories of GT. Still, since crash damage isn't really a big deal breaker for me, I can't help but think that, based on graphics alone, GT5 looks way better, almost photo-realistic. I can't comment on the actual gameplay differences between the two series, much less which one would be more realistic, however.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jakob187
@Nasar7: GT4 = GT3 with G-force trackers on-screen and more cars.  Forza 2 = Forza 1 with more cars, better graphics, more customization, better online options, and better damage models...but at the expense of frame rate drops, jaggies everywhere, online connectivity issues out the ass, and a general lack of excitement.

GRID is where it's at.  GTR is where it's at.  Those two franchises rape anything that Forza and GT throw out there.  Why?  Because GRID makes using stock cars with no upgrades FUN, plus it features the BEST online for a racer to ever exist (that's not an arguable point, either...go read all the reviews).  GTR, on the other hand, offers the best racing sim action possible, down to the fucking T.