KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel
Link

This is turning out to be hilarious.  Apparently, GT5 is pretty much done and the trailer shows banners that say 2009.  My hunch is that it'll be out late Nov or December-ish.  More than likely, the cherry for GT5 will be popped at TGS'09.

Back to topic:  Forza 3 devs need to STFU and just make a game.  Sure it gets to be fun for us gamers to read and stuff...but look at what happened to Dennis Dayak.  He dug his own grave and I would hate for Turn 10 to do the same.

GT5P sold more copies than Forza 2 despite being a demo.  This is proof alone that GT5 doesn't want to fight.  They're going after a different market.  You got casual car fans and car enthusiasts.  Stop the fighting and just make your damn game.
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By PufferFiz

Just looked at the poll and GT5 was in the lead, I say was since the editor closed the poll due to the cheating.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ChickenPants

That jerk at the press conference who kept saying ''the definitive racing game of this generation'' put me right off this game.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Bribery? I think I like the Forza 3 devs :).

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By killdave

I thought it was funny to see him so proud of his game. Good for them.

As for which one will be best? Who knows. I'll be buying the first one that comes out and no doubt be burned out by the time the rival appears

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By iamjohn

Telling people on the game's official forum to vote for the game is not exactly a bribe, even if they're saying "one randomly-selected voter will get an in-game car."  Playstation Lifestyle is just trying to start shit.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By cinemandrew
@iAmJohn said:
" Telling people on the game's official forum to vote for the game is not exactly a bribe, even if they're saying "one randomly-selected voter will get an in-game car."  Playstation Lifestyle is just trying to start shit. "
Maybe sony's just bitter because they didn't think of it first. In all seriousness though, this is a little bit shady, but it's also the kind of thing I expect from game developers. I'd still rather have Forza 3 than GT5. Not to say that GT5 won't be incredible (I own 1-4), but I like the more casual feel of Forza. Plus I hated the AI in GT. You'd think with all the amazing advancements they were making in realistically recreating the driving experience, they'd want to make AI drivers react to cars around them.
Nat3TheGreat13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Nat3TheGreat13

I don't really think this is bribery because Turn 10 only posted this on there forums, which the people who actually play and like Forza visit.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Steve_C

Seems a bit sensationalistic, though it is from playstation lifestyle. It's obviously not ideal to try and skew a vote, but it's still only a simple vote.

It annoyed me more the other week when gamespot was dishing out emblems for voting for them in the webby awards.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

How is this remotely cheating?  Isn't this on par with politicians fiving you a "i voted for x" bumper sticker?
Truth is, if you're on the forza forums, still playing forza 2, something tells me you'd vote for forza 2 anyway.

And hell, it's not like you actually had to vote for them, you could have just sent a message saying you did. 
Basically, Turn 10 was just telling people to support them, which is what tons of sites do in the webby awards. 

If a PS3 or GT oriented board  linked to CNET, this all becomes a great hypocrisy

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Reuben

lmao people do this all the time, Apparently when Turn 10 does it it's oh so horrible. Oh boy, Fanboys!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Okay, wait, so isn't this essentially the same as what turn 10 did?
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/06/09/forza-developer-using-bribes-to-skew-cnet-poll/

Because hoenstly now, it's so obvious the people on playstation lifestyle would ony vote for Gran Turismo.  Call me crazy, but they probably skewed it more as I'd imagine more people read that who didn't care yet votes for gt out of fanboyishness than were on the forza forums, with people who are dedicated forza fans.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Alexander
@KaosAngel said:
" GT5P sold more copies than Forza 2 despite being a demo.  This is proof alone that GT5 doesn't want to fight. "

It's proof that the GT name means a lot to people. Like Mario. Or Final Fantasy.

Can I ask what market PD are going after if not the "car enthusiast" crowd?

As for the bribery. Yes, it's bribery, I wouldn't have bothered voting if it weren't for it. A rare in-game car is worth more to be than the integrity of some stupid Cnet poll.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

based upon a cnet poll? that as i followed it forza was in the lead at all most every junction untill the last few hours when 1000's of votes came in at once? likely because sony fanboys had their friends that didn't even care about froza or GT vote, and then you have ip changing and voting multiple times.
yeah sorry no online polls are never fair, people constantly cheat at them.

Subject at hand:its not cheating to offer a forza 2 car DLC for free to people that would have voted for Forza 3 regardless.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@Alexander said:
"
@KaosAngel said:
" GT5P sold more copies than Forza 2 despite being a demo.  This is proof alone that GT5 doesn't want to fight. "
It's proof that the GT name means a lot to people. Like Mario. Or Final Fantasy.Can I ask what market PD are going after if not the "car enthusiast" crowd?As for the bribery. Yes, it's bribery, I wouldn't have bothered voting if it weren't for it. A rare in-game car is worth more to be than the integrity of some stupid Cnet poll."
I always thought GT5:Prologue was considered a full game and GT5 its sequel?  It's just that PD doesn't ever scrap their game, they just keep on building on it.  They've really been doing this, at least from GT3.
MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MC_Izawa

N3WZ 4 G4M3RZ: T3H M0ST L3G1T N3WZ S0URC3 0N T3H N3TZ

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By get2sammyb

Why are CNET even running a poll about two games that aren't released yet?

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By PufferFiz
@get2sammyb said:
" Why are CNET even running a poll about two games that aren't released yet? "
well they are not anymore they closed the poll because of all of this.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Karmum

Bribery? The community manager jokingly said "we'll give you free unicorns." If anything, the people on that forum would have still voted for Forza 3. Maybe they are just being very nice to their fanbase?