Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

When I saw the MS Event, the Forza 3 guy was bragging and everything about how Forza 3 is going to be the best racing sim ever.  Next day, PD guy says nothing about other racing games, and just gives facts about GT PSP.

Forza 3 has 400+ Cars
GT PSP has 800+ Cars
GT5 I'm going to assume has over 800 as well (maybe 1k).

I think TGS will be it's big coming out party too...so I'm excited I'll be there again this year.  What say you guys?  Did the Forza 3 guy come off as a dick?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

The forza 3 guy really didn't make any references to GT with the exception of the roll, which is just a friendly jab, same with the "preset waggle commands" from natal.  People are putting to much weight to it.  Forza 3 guy +natal guy were quite laid back, it's not like mattrick said it.

Anyway, in the end, imo, if you have x 360, get Forza 3, PS3 get GT5, or PSP get GT PSP.
GT is more comparable to Sega GT imo.  Forza feels sort of like RacePro.

Edit: The number of cars in a racing game is overrated.  In the end you'll be racing with 1-3 cars max.  It's more about how many tracks--> that's the major number.  How it plays it most important though.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

I think you're forgetting a major player : NFS Shift  Seems more significant than GT PSP to me.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#4  Edited By TobyD81

Besides just the number of cars, isn't it important to look at which game plays best? knowing what we know of each franchise, which will drive better?

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Diamond said:
"I think you're forgetting a major player : NFS Shift  Seems more significant than GT PSP to me."

Unfortunately, I think NFS Shift will be buried in the backyard by the two console racing sim giants. Which is a shame really, I sort of liked Shift.
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By godzilla_sushi
@KaosAngel said:
GT5 I'm going to assume has over 800 as well (maybe 1k)
Grrrr.....this doesn't go out to you specifically but I imagine half the people doing all these strange comparisons between the two games are probably not buying either.

I, for one, don't think a difference of 400 cars is going to matter. Your getting into yearly models and stuff. It's cool, absolutely. But man, that's just 300 more cars you'll never use! I maybe had a collection of 20-25 from both franchises in their respective careers that I even used. The same ones everyone else used online. You might compare other things, but when it comes to cars I don't think playing the numbers game works as well.
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By BigBoss1911
@Diamond said:
" I think you're forgetting a major player : NFS Shift  Seems more significant than GT PSP to me. "
NFS starting sucking a long time ago.They need to go back to street racing/tuner racers.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By FrankCanada97
@BigBoss1911 said:
"
@Diamond said:
" I think you're forgetting a major player : NFS Shift  Seems more significant than GT PSP to me. "
NFS starting sucking a long time ago."
You do realize that it is a completely new development team working on Shift right?
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond
@BigBoss1911 said:
"
@Diamond said:
NFS starting sucking a long time ago.They need to go back to street racing/tuner racers. "
Well, this is a new NFS being made with a different direction by different people.  No reason to group this in with previous NFS other than how EA's marketing it.  It certainly seems to be a similar kind of game, but yea it won't have the 'driver working his way up the ladder by competing in events and buying & upgrading his car'.
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#10  Edited By TobyD81
@BigBoss1911 said:
"
@Diamond said:
NFS starting sucking a long time ago.They need to go back to street racing/tuner racers. "
Nah, they need to go back to fleeing the cops. I loved Hot Pursuit 2!
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By BigBoss1911
@TobyD81 said:
"
@BigBoss1911 said:
"
@Diamond said:
Nah, they need to go back to fleeing the cops. I loved Hot Pursuit 2! "
That game was alot of fun too.