Forza Horizon 2 Announced (Xbox One, Xbox 360)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Via IGN:

Development is being handled primarily by Horizon 1 studio Playground Games, though the team is collaborating closely with the Motorsport team at Turn 10 Studios; the two teams share a technology pipeline as well as select key personnel.

In making the leap to Xbox One, Forza Horizon 2 will include hundreds of cars, according to Playground Games, headlined by the 2015 Lamborghini Huracán. A long-awaited weather system will also make its Forza debut, while Forza 5’s Drivatar system is also being adapted for Horizon 2.

- - the game will take place in gorgeous Southern Europe, leading to, in Fulton’s words, “incredible diversity” and “amazing vistas.” Music will again play a big part in the game, and a music festival will be the central event around which the game’s activities revolve.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Everything is being announced today!

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't these fools know that this is what E3 is for?

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wonder how Jeff will take the drivatars...

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can almost remember a time when E3 had actual surprises.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@franstone said:

I can almost remember a time when E3 had actual surprises.

They always do. Game announcements 1-2 weeks before E3 isn't a new thing.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is it weird they're going cross generation with the open world, ideally, bigger game than with the track racer that could realistically be optimized for the 360?

Anyway this looks like it'll be fun to play. I need an open world racer despite not playing Horizon.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By CaLe

The first one was great, probably my second favorite racing game of last gen. I'm honestly a little bummed they're going cross-gen for the sequel but I'll still get it; these guys know how to make a car feel fun to drive, something that seems to elude a lot of other racing game developers.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

1st one was amazing, 2nd favorite game of 2012 i believe. No doubt this will be just as great.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This news couldn't excite me more. The cross-gen worries me, and the use of Drivatars worries me. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt though because FORZA HORIZON 2 you guys!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I think I speak for everyone at Giant Bomb Forza Race Night when I say, PLEASE BE GOOD. Hopefully the multiplayer is not garbage this time. Horizon was bad on so many levels, especially when compared to something like Burnout Paradise.

Also

I mean, it shouldn't even exist in the first place (the fuck Microsoft?), but at least it's not taking too much time away from Playground.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the love of all that is holy please find a better marketing word than "drivatar". It's the dumbest. Followed by levolution.

I need to go take a shower now for even typing it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli

The list of Xbox One games I'd love to play one day keeps expanding. The sum of which will soon surpass critical mass, I'm sure. I guess by the Holidays 2016 at the latest, I'll hop on board - likely Holidays 2015 even.