#1 Edited by natetodamax (19418 posts) -

The GB song by Buckner and Garcia! Download It Here!

Enjoy this amazing song, and check out the lyrics in the spoiler tag (contributed by adoggz) so you can sing along!

found me the bomb

i'm talkin 'bout that giant bomb

yes i found me the bomb

i'm talkin bout that giant bomb

it explodes like dynamite

giant bomb dot com

came down with the fever

back in nineteen eighty one

said we caught us the fever

way back late in eighty one

aint never found no cure

till giant bomb came along

I'm a wizard yes i am

and you know what that means

I'm a wizard yes i am

i think you know what i mean

uh uh uh uh uh aint gonna say it

but its exactly what it seems

*music*

punchin out for a quick look

or the bombcast for a peek

punchin out for a quick look

or giant bomb cast for a peek

thursday night they really throw down

its the best night of the week

found me the bomb

i'm talkin 'bout that giant bomb

yes i found me the bomb

i'm talkin bout that giant bomb

it explodes like dynamite

giant bomb dot com

came down with the fever

back in nineteen eighty one

said we caught us the fever

way back late in eighty one

aint never found no cure

till giant bomb came along

it explodes like dynamite

giant bomb dot com

If you like this masterpiece, you should follow GB user Ozone. He's responsible for the Giant Bomb references in the song! Here's what he had to say about Found Me The Bomb coming to Rock Band:

OH, that reminds me. Here's an exclusive for this thread - where the Pac-Man Fever songs are the normal $1.99 each, "Found Me the Bomb" will be yours for just $0.99!
And if anyone is a RBN Creators Club Premium member, the song just hit playtesting in the past hour: http://creators.rockband.com/song/detail/3892

Here's a video of Ryan's reaction to the song when he first heard it, recorded by Intern Ben "Ben Pack" Pack (Ben's Lens)

#2 Posted by zameer (633 posts) -

AWESOME

#3 Posted by rmanthorp (4241 posts) -
Moderator
#4 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11949 posts) -

I'm at a loss for words after that song.  
 
I need a credit card. And $50 a year. 

#5 Posted by Slaker117 (4856 posts) -

I'm going to buy RB3 just because of this song.

#6 Posted by Inferno100 (35 posts) -

Thanks dude.

#7 Posted by Forcen (2123 posts) -

This is fucking unreal.

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19418 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

I'm going to buy RB3 just because of this song.

I'm considering doing that as well!

#9 Posted by RE_Player1 (7944 posts) -

@natetodamax said:

@Slaker117 said:

I'm going to buy RB3 just because of this song.

I'm considering doing that as well!

I was too but, for me at least, they say it might come to PSN... I NEED IT ON PSN I DON'T HAVE A 360!!

#10 Posted by Olivaw (1223 posts) -

It goes on a little long and the lyrics can be a little awkward but MAN I like me a good blues riff. 
 
Also it's fucking crazy.

#11 Edited by JoeyRavn (5119 posts) -

He said "I'm a wizard"? Take my monies, dammit.

Edit: The guys in the band are Jeff, Ryan, Brad and Vinny. Awesome.

#12 Posted by Gabriel (4129 posts) -

That song sounds super familiar...

#13 Posted by Vexxan (4624 posts) -

No words can describe how awesome this is.

#14 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2269 posts) -

I can't believe they even got the Assassin's Creed meme in there... Gosh, just so awesome.

#15 Posted by ReyGitano (2491 posts) -

Just amazing, what a great surprise towards the end of the show.

#16 Posted by GunslingerPanda (5030 posts) -

Crazy, awesome, and crazy awesome.

#17 Posted by Dethfish (3739 posts) -

It's perfect

#18 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

Loving it, the tune is awesome.

#19 Edited by Hameyadea (384 posts) -

What the full names of the authors? 

#20 Posted by adoggz (2081 posts) -

that song pushed me over the edge to get a sub.

#21 Posted by natetodamax (19418 posts) -

@Hameyadea said:

What the full names of the authors?

Jerry Buckner and Gary Garcia

#22 Posted by NathHaw (2848 posts) -

Listening right now. First thing I did after the BLLSL was over.

#23 Posted by EmuLeader (576 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

He said "I'm a wizard"? Take my monies, dammit.

Edit: The guys in the band are Jeff, Ryan, Brad and Vinny. Awesome.

I didn't even notice they were playing in the band until you said that. This whole thing is just amazing.

#24 Posted by Baal_Sagoth (1370 posts) -

Great that the thread I want after the show is already here. Thanks!

#25 Posted by natetodamax (19418 posts) -

@Dallas_Raines said:

I can't believe they even got the Assassin's Creed meme in there... Gosh, just so awesome.

Oh man, I didn't even pick up on that. Christ, this song. What an amazing show.

#26 Posted by clumsyninja1 (848 posts) -

GB 4 LIFE!!!!!!!! 

#27 Posted by penINC (138 posts) -

I don't know how we got here, but I'm glad we did.

#28 Edited by adoggz (2081 posts) -

figued i'd copy down the lyrics so we can get the Game Bomb ripoffs flowin

found me the bomb

i'm talkin 'bout that giant bomb

yes i found me the bomb

i'm talkin bout that giant bomb

it explodes like dynamite

giant bomb dot com

came down with the fever

back in nineteen eighty one

said we caught us the fever

way back late in eighty one

aint never found no cure

till giant bomb came along

I'm a wizard yes i am

and you know what that means

I'm a wizard yes i am

i think you know what i mean

uh uh uh uh uh aint gonna say it

but its exactly what it seems

*music*

punchin out for a quick look

or the bombcast for a peek

punchin out for a quick look

or giant bomb cast for a peek

thursday night they really throw down

its the best night of the week

found me the bomb

i'm talkin 'bout that giant bomb

yes i found me the bomb

i'm talkin bout that giant bomb

it explodes like dynamite

giant bomb dot com

came down with the fever

back in nineteen eighty one

said we caught us the fever

way back late in eighty one

aint never found no cure

till giant bomb came along

it explodes like dynamite

giant bomb dot com

#29 Posted by Ozone (119 posts) -

Thank you guys so much for the positive response on the song! The second Ryan made that comment on the Bombcast, I knew this was such a stupid idea that it had to happen. And somehow 2 months later here it is.

I'm really looking forward to getting this song out on the RBN soon. And if it sells well enough, maybe you guys will help me convince Buckner & Garcia to let me produce a whole new album with them. ;)

#30 Posted by NathHaw (2848 posts) -

@adoggz said:

figued i'd copy down the lyrics so we can get the Game Bomb ripoffs flowin

found me the bomb

i'm talkin 'bout that giant bomb

yes i found me the bomb

i'm talkin bout that giant bomb

it explodes like dynamite

giant bomb dot com

came down with the fever

back in nineteen eighty one

said we caught us the fever

way back late in eighty one

aint never found no cure

till giant bomb came along

I'm a wizard yes i am

and you know what that means

I'm a wizard yes i am

i think you know what i mean

uh uh uh uh uh aint gonna say it

but its exactly what it seems

*music*

punchin out for a quick look

or the bombcast for a peek

punchin out for a quick look

or giant bomb cast for a peek

thursday night they really throw down

its the best night of the week

found me the bomb

i'm talkin 'bout that giant bomb

yes i found me the bomb

i'm talkin bout that giant bomb

it explodes like dynamite

giant bomb dot com

came down with the fever

back in nineteen eighty one

said we caught us the fever

way back late in eighty one

aint never found no cure

till giant bomb came along

it explodes like dynamite

giant bomb dot com

Move this to the top, Nate. ;)

#31 Posted by natetodamax (19418 posts) -
@Ozone Right on! Did you write the song?
#32 Posted by JCTango (1485 posts) -

That was awesome, man!  Good stuff xD.

#33 Posted by Ozone (119 posts) -

@natetodamax: Not totally, but I helped include all the Giant Bomb references. Mostly me yelling at them to include more wizards the whole time.

#34 Posted by Slaker117 (4856 posts) -

I've already listened to this song about a dozen times. Love the tune, and I can still barely believe that it's a real thing.

#35 Posted by takua108 (1578 posts) -
#36 Posted by FlappyHands (2944 posts) -

It's so cheesy but man does it have a certain charm about it.

#37 Posted by natetodamax (19418 posts) -
@nrh79

@adoggz said:

figued i'd copy down the lyrics so we can get the Game Bomb ripoffs flowin

Move this to the top, Nate. ;)

Done!
#38 Posted by ckeats (496 posts) -

This is really the best thing. How long till a community music video is made?

#39 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -

I'd buy that for a dollar.

#40 Posted by metalsnakezero (2577 posts) -

I cried manly tears.

#41 Posted by JohnDudebro (955 posts) -

holy shit you guys

this is fucking insane

#42 Posted by Slaker117 (4856 posts) -

  Video of the first unveiling in the WM offices. Ryan totally fucking loses it.

#43 Posted by Mister_Snig (706 posts) -

Why oh why did I have to go to work today?

#44 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

MY MIND IS BLOWN.

#45 Posted by Ozone (119 posts) -

I called the red phone to talk about the process of the getting the song together, but the intern didn't know who I was. =(

#46 Posted by JackSukeru (6082 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

Video of the first unveiling in the WM offices. Ryan totally fucking loses it.

That is the best! THE BEST!

Also finally reveals where that clip of Ryan on the floor on that 'I Love Mondays' came from.

#47 Posted by natetodamax (19418 posts) -
@Slaker117
  Video of the first unveiling in the WM offices. Ryan totally fucking loses it.
That was too good! Definitely gonna add that to the main post.
#48 Posted by prestonhedges (1961 posts) -

Giant Bomb cured Pac-Man Fever.
 
Canon.

#49 Posted by natetodamax (19418 posts) -
@gladspooky
Giant Bomb cured Pac-Man Fever.
 
Canon.
It's quite the honor!
#50 Posted by adoggz (2081 posts) -

so i just said whatevs and made my own damn shitty ripoff of this song for gamebomb.ru