#1 Posted by p4ddym1607 (995 posts) -

I have been playing Far Cry 2 on the PS3 and i cant stand the cursor acceleration.

The crosshair should move at a constant speed. Far Cry 2's cursor just accelerates. Fallout 3's cursor travels at a constant speed. Which is so much better and more accurate.

Call of Duty 4's cursor also travelled at a constant speed and felt really nice to move it about.

But in FarCry 2 it feels really inprecise and sluggish.

What are your thoughts on Crosshair Acceleration?

#2 Posted by bjorno (1433 posts) -

play on the pc

#3 Posted by p4ddym1607 (995 posts) -
bjorno said:
"play on the pc"
Eh. No.
I think it would be nice if they could get the controls right.
#4 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

I have the crosshair off, so I wouldnt know.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21757 posts) -
p4ddym1607 said:
"

I have been playing Far Cry 2 on the PS3 and i cant stand the cursor acceleration.

The crosshair should move at a constant speed. Far Cry 2's cursor just accelerates. Fallout 3's cursor travels at a constant speed. Which is so much better and more accurate.

Call of Duty 4's cursor also travelled at a constant speed and felt really nice to move it about.

"
You thought CoD4 was nice?  CoD4's crosshair lag pisses me off so much, because I can have my crosshairs right on someone and the bullets are following behind them.  I have to aim about an inch to the right or left just to make them work.  It's utter bullshit.
#6 Posted by p4ddym1607 (995 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"p4ddym1607 said:
"

"
You thought CoD4 was nice?  CoD4's crosshair lag pisses me off so much, because I can have my crosshairs right on someone and the bullets are following behind them.  I have to aim about an inch to the right or left just to make them work.  It's utter bullshit."
  Hmm. Never had any real lag in CoD4. No more than the odd time.
#7 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"p4ddym1607 said:
"

"
You thought CoD4 was nice?  CoD4's crosshair lag pisses me off so much, because I can have my crosshairs right on someone and the bullets are following behind them.  I have to aim about an inch to the right or left just to make them work.  It's utter bullshit."

Um ...thats called lag in online games any true online gamer knows you all ways lead your target unless your playing at a lan even then you lead cause coincidently in real life all true marksman know you lead your target specially at a distance this is a simple fact of physics.
#8 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

Yeah, you get that in a lot of FPSs nowadays. (A la, GRAW) I personally think it's annoying as all hell. I wish cross-hairs moved more like CoD4 and Halo 3.

And jakob187, you're describing bullet lag, not cross-hair lag. They're two very different things.