• 66 results
#1 Edited by EarthBowl (164 posts) -

What game series would you be most interested in seeing come back for this new console? I would love to see the return for the Medievil( YES THAT GAME!) series. It had such personality when I played it on my PS1 and seeing Sir Daniel in All-Stars gives me hope that Sony hasn't forgotten this series.

#2 Posted by Pr1mus (3953 posts) -

Jak i suppose. I never played those game and always thought they looked neat. Maybe i should give the HD collection a try but then it almost never goes well when i try an old game without any sort of nostalgia attached to it.

#3 Posted by RioStarwind (570 posts) -

I would love to see a new Jumping Flash game. Seems like a game that would fit as a PSN downloadable the most unless they add more to it.

#4 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4258 posts) -

Pokémon Red. Jet Moto. Dragon Warrior.

#5 Posted by PenguinDust (12570 posts) -

Maximo Ghosts to Glory. It was a favorite PS2 game back in the early 2000's but after 1 sequel, it disappeared. It was challenging but a lot of fun. Keeping the cartoony-look but adding next-gen quality, it could make for an entertaining downloadable. Or, if a developer was really serious, take it to the next level and add ARPG elements to flesh out the gameplay and depth.

#6 Posted by Bucketdeth (8026 posts) -

The Legend of Dragoon 2, and Timesplitters 4, I could then die happy.

#7 Posted by Pr1mus (3953 posts) -

Oh i thought we were talking just Sony IPs.

In that case Parasite Eve! As long as they don't turn it into a boring cover based shooter.

#8 Posted by Eojay (184 posts) -

Fingers crossed for some Beyond Good & Evil 2. One can dream, right?

#9 Posted by Winternet (8027 posts) -

Freelancer 2.

Wait, but I don't want to play it on the PS4. Oh well.

#10 Edited by DxBecks (72 posts) -

Crash fucking Bandicoot. Make it happen Sony/Naughty Dog!

#11 Posted by Nightriff (5164 posts) -

Jet Moto 4, all new sponsors!!!

#12 Posted by Alekss (327 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot

#13 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2371 posts) -

A proper Spyro the Dragon (from the ps1 days)

#14 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Crash

#15 Edited by MegaMagick (40 posts) -

As far as Sony IPs go, i'd like to see a new open world WRPG version of MEDIEVIL made by Sony Santa Monica or Ready at Dawn. I would like to see Sony also give "The Getaway" another try, preferably made by Naughty Dog. Sony also has a stable of good JRPG IPs such as Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms, Arc The Lad, etc., I would like it if they would revive one of those IPs for their new console.

As far as 3rd parties go, i would like to see a new Shenmue from Sega, a new KOTOR game, a new flagship console version of Kingdom Hearts, and a new Onimusha.

#16 Posted by AuthenticM (3766 posts) -

Jumping Flash !

#17 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

Dark Cloud Folklore something different with Demon's Souls

#18 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

Bring back a proper Ape Escape game that doesn't have anything to do with the Move or PSP/Vita.

#19 Edited by mordukai (7164 posts) -

not much of a franchise rebirth but I really want the Ratchet & Clank games to be back on track. The last two games, while being ok in their own right, just didn't do it for me.

As far as 3rd then I really want a new Legacy of Kain game but I know it's not going to happen because the people at Eidos are more busy trying to convince us that this time Tomb Raider will be cool and awesome..."Trust Us."

#20 Posted by MentalDisruption (1651 posts) -

I'd like to see Jak take a more prominent role on the console once more.

#21 Posted by VoleMaulder (65 posts) -

Beyond Good & Evil and The Getaway would do it for me. As far as Naughty Dog is concerned, I want to see them make something new, not go back to old ideas and IPs. So far they've done a pretty good job of introducing new successful franchises in every generation and I'd like them to keep doing that.

#22 Posted by razkazz (169 posts) -

Red Faction. Yeah THQ's dead and we still haven't heard about anyone buying the rights, but the possibilty is still out there (barely). I'd love to see another Guerrilla style game next gen.

#23 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2507 posts) -

Jak and Daxter, but its not gonna happen.

#24 Edited by VoleMaulder (65 posts) -

Also, how could I forget this? Dino Crisis!

Red Faction can't be reborn when we had 2 games in current gen.

#25 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2507 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

Jak i suppose. I never played those game and always thought they looked neat. Maybe i should give the HD collection a try but then it almost never goes well when i try an old game without any sort of nostalgia attached to it.

All 3 are great platformers and hold up fine, if you love super mario 64 you'll feel right at home with the original Jak and Daxter.

#26 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

Syphon Filter!

#27 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1259 posts) -

I would love to see a new Bully and a proper Kingdom Hearts game.

#28 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2263 posts) -

Beyond Good and Evil 2 if it ever sees the light of day. A Spyro game just like the ones back on the PSOne and sequels to MediEvil and Oddworld.

#29 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Jak for sure

#30 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

#31 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

Syphon Filter, I would take a PS4 or Vita Version.

#32 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Panzer Dragoon! I'm very sad nobody seems to want to make rail shooters anymore. :(

Also, Wonder Boy.

Come on, Sega! Let's make it happen for the good of all and me!

#33 Posted by trelution (83 posts) -

Return Fire. I loved that game

#34 Edited by primalmaster (87 posts) -

I would LOVE to see another game set in the Grim fandango universe.

#35 Edited by Aegon (5712 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

A new Jak game would be cool. There's certain parts of the story that haven't been explored (Mar) and since Naughty Dog is a two game company now, they can probably work both on a Jak game and something more like Last of Us/ Uncharted, if that's what they want.

If they do make another one, then they might as well just call it Mar instead of Jak.

#36 Posted by oraknabo (1513 posts) -

I would love to see a new Jumping Flash game. Seems like a game that would fit as a PSN downloadable the most unless they add more to it.

I came here to say this

#37 Edited by MightyDuck (1523 posts) -

Where do I start!?

• Syphon Filter
  • Jet Moto
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Colony Wars
  • Ape Escape (without all the Move/Mini Game stuff)
  • Crash Bandicoot - by Naughty Dog (I realize this isn't possible)
  • Crash Team Racing - by Naughty Dog (again, I know, I know)
#38 Posted by MightyDuck (1523 posts) -

@nightriff said:

Jet Moto 4, all new sponsors!!

Yes, yes, yes!

#39 Edited by awesomeusername (4225 posts) -

Hmmm...

• I would say a new Kingdom Hearts console game is way overdue.
  • Jak & Daxter would also be a great thing to bring back, it'd sell more people on the PS4.
  • I would be interested in a new MediEval although I never played the PS1 games.
  • A new Tomba! should be made too!
  • Somone needs to make a good Turok game!
  • Shit! I forgot Mirrors Edge! We need a sequel asap DICE!
  • Mega Man Legends 3! (troll face)
  • Bloodrayne?
  • Jetmoto yoooo!
@dxbecks said:

Crash fucking Bandicoot. Make it happen Sony/Naughty Dog!

Not possible. Activision owns Crash.

@pr1mus said:

They're great games that hold up really well. But god damnit, fuck Jak 2! That game is hard as fossilized shit.

#40 Posted by awesomeusername (4225 posts) -

@nightriff said:

Jet Moto 4, all new sponsors!!

Yes, yes, yes!

Holy shit, I remember that demo! I always played it. Give me a new game!

#41 Posted by Enigma777 (6081 posts) -

Einhander

Onimusha

#42 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -
#43 Posted by Zero_ (1976 posts) -

Crash Team Racing 2. Let's do this.

#44 Posted by DarthOrange (3871 posts) -

MAG 2. With the power of the PS4 there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to get 1,000 players on a single map.

#45 Posted by Soapy86 (2635 posts) -
It will never happen, but a man can dream.

#46 Posted by Bolt (154 posts) -

I would love to see some Darkcloud.

#47 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4258 posts) -

Ducktales..

#48 Edited by GERALTITUDE (3440 posts) -
  • Medieval
  • Jet Moto
  • Kinetica
  • Vampire Hunter D
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Panzer Dragoon
  • Tenchu
  • Bushido Blade
  • Syphon Filter
#49 Edited by MonetaryDread (2084 posts) -

@earthbowl said:

What game series would you be most interested in seeing come back for this new console? I would love to see the return for the Medievil( YES THAT GAME!) series. It had such personality when I played it on my PS1 and seeing Sir Daniel in All-Stars gives me hope that Sony hasn't forgotten this series.

I was about to come into this thread and recommend the same game. Plus, fuck everyone that mentions Legend of Dragoon. That game was awful.

#50 Posted by Hippie_Genocide (657 posts) -

Seriously, Legend of Dragoon is one of the worst rpg's of all time. Fuck that game. I'd totally be down for a new CTR, Jet Moto, or Bushido Blade though.