Franchises which should have good games but don't [Part 3!!]

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

Lies wrote a blog, then Tylea002 wrote a blog. Guess what. Sweep is also writing a blog. For all the same reasons.

*Jumps on bandwagon*

Spiderman

No Caption Provided
Ole' web-head is one of the most loved comic book heroes ever made. The swing mechanic was fairly refined in Spiderman 2, which was released 5 years ago. It's a shame that Activision is incapable of finding a developer to design a game that can compliment the web-sling action with simple things like "a half-decent plot" or "enthusiastic voice acting" not to mention the combat. Considering the absolute wealth of comic-book literature from which they can draw reference there really is no excuse not to have constructed a new awesome Spidey Game by now. Average titles like Friend Or Foe just don't cut the mustard i'm afraid. (For the record, Spiderman for the PSX was fuckin' Sweeeeet)

Sonic The Hedgehog

No Caption Provided
For one of the most recognisable videogame characters in existence, Sega are doing a great job of whoring sonic out to crappy platformers, ridiculous fighters and unwanted sports games. Poor sonic just can't seem to catch a break. One second he's on a hoverboard (apparently they don't work on water) the next he's playing tennis or some shit. It's weird because even though a lot of people turned their back on Sonic a long time ago most seem willing to give him another chance. He's the hedgehog you love to hate. What sega have done is nothing short of videogame blasphemy. I feel at this point almost anyone could make a decent sonic game, if only because they are running out of bad ideas.

Oh, I might Keep It Simple today:

YES

• Maya - I don't think I have ever suffered withdrawal symptoms over a piece of software before...
  • Futurama - So stoked for the new season
  • Transformerrs 2 - Anyone who went to the cinema expecting it to be anything worthwhile is a fool.

NO

• New Iphone OS - A voice memo app is great, not when your iPod touch doesn't have a mic though. Fuckbeans.
  • 1 vs 100 - Why isn't the beta out in the UK? I WANT TO PLAY IT, fucking Microsoft.
  • Batteries - Controller Disconnected in Gears 2 Multiplayer? NOOOOOOAAaaaarrrgh!!

Thanks For Reading
Love Sweep
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Lies wrote a blog, then Tylea002 wrote a blog. Guess what. Sweep is also writing a blog. For all the same reasons.

*Jumps on bandwagon*

Spiderman

No Caption Provided
Ole' web-head is one of the most loved comic book heroes ever made. The swing mechanic was fairly refined in Spiderman 2, which was released 5 years ago. It's a shame that Activision is incapable of finding a developer to design a game that can compliment the web-sling action with simple things like "a half-decent plot" or "enthusiastic voice acting" not to mention the combat. Considering the absolute wealth of comic-book literature from which they can draw reference there really is no excuse not to have constructed a new awesome Spidey Game by now. Average titles like Friend Or Foe just don't cut the mustard i'm afraid. (For the record, Spiderman for the PSX was fuckin' Sweeeeet)

Sonic The Hedgehog

No Caption Provided
For one of the most recognisable videogame characters in existence, Sega are doing a great job of whoring sonic out to crappy platformers, ridiculous fighters and unwanted sports games. Poor sonic just can't seem to catch a break. One second he's on a hoverboard (apparently they don't work on water) the next he's playing tennis or some shit. It's weird because even though a lot of people turned their back on Sonic a long time ago most seem willing to give him another chance. He's the hedgehog you love to hate. What sega have done is nothing short of videogame blasphemy. I feel at this point almost anyone could make a decent sonic game, if only because they are running out of bad ideas.

Oh, I might Keep It Simple today:

YES

• Maya - I don't think I have ever suffered withdrawal symptoms over a piece of software before...
  • Futurama - So stoked for the new season
  • Transformerrs 2 - Anyone who went to the cinema expecting it to be anything worthwhile is a fool.

NO

• New Iphone OS - A voice memo app is great, not when your iPod touch doesn't have a mic though. Fuckbeans.
  • 1 vs 100 - Why isn't the beta out in the UK? I WANT TO PLAY IT, fucking Microsoft.
  • Batteries - Controller Disconnected in Gears 2 Multiplayer? NOOOOOOAAaaaarrrgh!!

Thanks For Reading
Love Sweep
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

1 vs 100 can't be beta'd here without making a Europe version, it's to do with international competition and prizegiving laws unfortunately, they wouldnt be able to give us the same version they have in the US, so why bother beta'ing it here as well. Besides, we would lag up the thing like crazy. It's a hella shame but, hopefully we will get a Europe one.

Also, I honestly think Duke Nukem deserves good games, but it hasn't had one since Duke Nukem 3D. It's had shit like Manhatten Project and other crap.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Death_Unicorn
@Sweep said:
This has happened to me so many times, it always ends with me being blown to bits... =(
Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@The_A_Drain: There is a European version coming out there's ads for it on xbox.com also anyone from the UK can get into the US beta all you need is a US account to  get the option for 1 vs 100 to come up and then launch it from your gold profile. Been playing it the whole weekend and apart from Chris cutting out every now and then and the odd network dissconnect which is a problem on their end it's fine and you wont "lag the thing up like crazy" or whatever you mean by that
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Joe:

Yeah it would actually, if it was publicly released (bare in mind it hasnt been, by playing it tat way you are in breach of the TOS...) that amount of connections from the uk would negatively impact performence for the whole thing, there a huge number of connections involved.

Anyway like I said, I didnt know if we were getting our own version or not, I simply stated we could not participate in the US version (or we could, but we couldnt win prizes) due to international prizegiving/competition laws.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_A_Drain: I'm sure Microsoft is gonna ban the 1000s of guys from the UK that are playing it from a second account or the way I have been, hell if they actually cared they'd region lock it to US and Canadian ISPs, they did with the RE5 demo when it was out in Japan before anywhere else, also considering the majority of people that popped up in my party over the past few days have been from the UK although yes I know the 20 or so people that joined my party isn't the whole community leads me to  believe that there are a lot of people on the UK playing it and I can still answer within milliseconds and get an accurate response from the game in that time.

And the whole prizes crap? Nobody gets prizes it's the beta the only thing you wont get if you're from the UK is sweepstake entries.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ahriman22
@Joe: Once they actually release the final though, the prizes are be real.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ineedaname

The Iphone doesn't have a mic? That would make it not a phone wouldn't it? If it lacked the thing that fundamentally makes it a phone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ahriman22: I know but I'm not playing in the real version, when they do launch the full game and finish the beta I wouldn't be suprised if they do lock it to US and Canadian ISPs hopefully by then the UK will have their own version.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ahriman22
@Joe: It'd be weird if they didn't, like playing 1vs100 against the Japanese. It would be a clusterfuck of connections and things would quickly go down the drain. Not to mention the local questions like "What is the name of the moutain in the middle of Montreal?" how should the Americans or English (Or whatever the shit else) know?
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@Ineedaname: The ipod touch and the iphone both run on the same OS. The ipod doesnt have a mic, but the new OS still costs the same. Sucky.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Joe:

A few thousand people is nothing compared to what would happen if it was advertised to the public in the UK. And I specifically mentioned that the release version would have to be a completely different one for us in order for them to legally give prizes, you're either trying to specifically goad me into an argument, or you just can't read. But w/e i've given my opinion, I don't need to come back to this thread.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ineedaname
@Sweep: Oh you specifically said Iphone, which sparked my comment, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_A_Drain: Ermm I don't know why you keep talking about the game going to break if they publicly advertise to the UK on how to get in on the US version cause that's not gonna happen and with the few thousand people from the UK who can be bothered to get in on thisthe game is fine and seeing as right now as there aren't any fucking prizes being given out no laws are being broken
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Joe:

Again learn to read dude, it's like i'm talking to a brick fucking wall. I didn't say the game was going to break, I said the amount of lag would increase significantly if they publicly released the beta to the UK audience, and I stated that once the game was released, anybody from the UK who participates would not be able to win prizes due to those laws. I also stated that by playing via a US account you are breaching the Microsoft TOS agreement, so not, it's not technicly available at all.

I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By I_am_Lono
@The_A_Drain said:
"1 vs 100 can't be beta'd here without making a Europe version, it's to do with international competition and prizegiving laws unfortunately, they wouldnt be able to give us the same version they have in the US, so why bother beta'ing it here as well. Besides, we would lag up the thing like crazy. It's a hella shame but, hopefully we will get a Europe one.Also, I honestly think Duke Nukem deserves good games, but it hasn't had one since Duke Nukem 3D. It's had shit like Manhatten Project and other crap. "

Excuse me if this sounds rude, but are you from the UK? This is nothing to do with the info you provided which infact very good. You speak (or write) like an American "It's a hella shame".
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_A_Drain
@I_am_Lono:

Yeah i'm from the UK, hehe here's proof, colour :P I just like the word 'hella' :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_A_Drain: It's like I'm talking to a complete fucking retard! 1 vs 100 is hardly a bandwidth intensive application you aren't sending positioning, animation and other stuff all the time even if there was 10,000 guys from the UK in the game it would be fucking fine! And yes you're right if they told people how to get into the US beta from the UK and then still allowed them to play in the full game and win prizes they would be breaking laws, but that isn't happening! Also stop fucking bitching about breaking the ToS are you going to go and comment like a whiny little bitch on the 1 vs 100 quick look because the GB crew got into the canadian beta from the US? Wait it wouldn't suprise me if you already had.
ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By ZeroCast
@Sweep: I saw Revenge of the Fallen last night, and yes, I was expecting it to be worthwhile some way or the other. Overall, I think it was a decent movie, with lots and lots of stretching in the story, the graphical aspect on the other hand was stunning, I loved the attention to detail in the models, especially Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, and hey, you got to see Petra, which is in Jordan ;).
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Joe:

Yeah because when all else fails, ad hominem attacks are the way forward. Also, no game sends animation data, that would be completely fucking redundant it's all handled by the client. And yeah, when you're dealing with 50,000 connections+, 10k guys from the UK would indeed have a signifcant negative impact on performance, if you can't see why that would be, that's your problem. But whatever, I can't be bothered with this shit, you 'win' congratulations, you 'won'.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_A_Drain: You've finally realised you're wrong well done, btw the game very rarely gets close to 50k users from what I've seen even this weekend when it was open to silver members there was only around 35,000 users at most, the game is a basic fucking trivia game not a damn FPS, all the avatar data is stored in the US the data only loads once when the person connects I'm sure that is a massive bandwith drain that MS simply can't deal with.
Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Caddy
@The_A_Drain said:
" @Joe: Yeah because when all else fails, ad hominem attacks are the way forward. Also, no game sends animation data, that would be completely fucking redundant it's all handled by the client. And yeah, when you're dealing with 50,000 connections+, 10k guys from the UK would indeed have a signifcant negative impact on performance, if you can't see why that would be, that's your problem. But whatever, I can't be bothered with this shit, you 'win' congratulations, you 'won'. "
Well, in fairness to him, you initiated the insults with an equally childish remark.
Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Oni

Web of Shadows had pretty fun combat and good swinging (not as good as SM2 though) Sweep. But it still isn't a 'great' game, but it is pretty good.

I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By I_am_Lono
@The_A_Drain said:
"@I_am_Lono: Yeah i'm from the UK, hehe here's proof, colour :P I just like the word 'hella' :P "

Hahaha! Fair enough! Silly question really, I use the word awesome all the time and dude. . . oh god!

lol colour. . .that cracked me up!
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By crunchUK

There are actually good spiderman games, like ultimate spiderman from lastr gen

Also, new seaosn of furturama?!?!?!? WHERE>?!

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Tylea002

I'm insulted. Theres an all important 2 on the end of my name. Also, Spiderman 2 still holds up today, why did they get progressively worse? WHY?!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By Claude

I played the PSX version of Spiderman and yes... it was sweet.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@crunchUK: New season of futurama due to hit 2010!!!!!

Sorry Tylea, will add a two now
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crunchUK
@Sweep said:
" @crunchUK: New season of futurama due to hit 2010!!!!!Sorry Tylea, will add a two now "
my life ha s apurpose now :3
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Bruce

The platforming Spiderman games were alright. I had one for the GBC.