#1 Posted by yeah_write (219 posts) -

Hey folks,

Got another video game deal for you (I hope you all bought the Greatest Video Game Music album yesterday, it's superb). If you go to Origin and enter code DECTEN when you check out you'll get $10 off your purchase. That means several $10 games are totally free. Sure they aren't new but they are FREE.

There's a decent selection there, including a bunch of Need for Speed games, Medal of Honor Airborne and SimCity 4. You can also use the deal to pick up some $15 games like Shank and Battlefiled 2142 for $5.

I was never a huge PC gamer, but when I upgraded my PC back in April I got addicted to picking up older games on the cheap. It's insane how quickly prices fall for PC games! In a matter of months, my Steam library grew from three games (Plants vs Zombies, World of Goo, and Rocket Knight) to almost two dozen. Looks like my Origin library is about to grow too.

#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out and see what there is.

#3 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Aww fuck. I would like to buy 2142, but even losing $5 now would mean I couldn't buy Zelda SS limited edition. 

I'm so bad at keeping my wallet in check ;_;

#4 Posted by yeah_write (219 posts) -

Oh no! Within minutes of posting the deal it's been disabled (at least for me). Maybe EA realized it was bleeding free games? I'll try again later today and see if it comes back.

#5 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -
@yeah_write said:

In a matter of months, my Steam library grew from three games (Plants vs Zombies, World of Goo, and Rocket Knight) to almost two dozen. Looks like my Origin library is about to grow too.

Just wait until the Steam holiday sales start to ramp up. No one escapes from that.

Also thanks for the heads up. I always like shopping around for games.
#6 Edited by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Doesn't seem to work for me. Is it US only?

Edit: Ah. That's too bad.

Bad move on EA's part too - I was just about to put my credit card into this thing. And when that happens... Well, I would be a click away from blowing more money on stupid purchases on their stupid service.

#7 Edited by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

Sounds more like an internal mess up than a deal. DECTEN is the code but it's not December yet.

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@yeah_write said:

In a matter of months, my Steam library grew from three games (Plants vs Zombies, World of Goo, and Rocket Knight) to almost two dozen. Looks like my Origin library is about to grow too.

Just wait until the Steam holiday sales start to ramp up. No one escapes from that. Also thanks for the heads up. I always like shopping around for games.

The holiday sales won't get me this year!!!*

*I keep saying to myself, but they always do

#9 Posted by yeah_write (219 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85: Oh the summer sale killed me (Bit.Trip.Runner for $2.50!). I picked up way too many games, most of which I haven't come close to finishing. But it's great to have a stock pile of rainy day games, especially older ones that will run on my modest laptop.

#10 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@yeah_write said:

Just wait until the Steam holiday sales start to ramp up. No one escapes from that. Also thanks for the heads up. I always like shopping around for games.

The only way to beat it is to really just buy everything. That'll show 'em.
#11 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@yeah_write said:

The only way to beat it is to really just buy everything. That'll show 'em.

That plan is flawless. They will see how much money people have spent and sit down and think "Oh no, all those people could have donated their money to any charity. Like Childs Play or that charity with the boobs!". Silly Valve, you'll be bankrupt in no time!

#12 Posted by Mijati (909 posts) -

I've been planning for the Steam Christmas sale since August when I lost my job! I've planned it perfectly to run out of disposable income right before the sale starts meaning I'll have no money to spend on billions more games I'll never play. A simple plan really.

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

#13 Posted by Mattalorian (594 posts) -

I just tried the code, but it's not working for me. Shame too, I was looking forward to getting Dragon Age 2 at only $9.99.

Thanks for the heads up though. Maybe it's a US only thing?

#14 Posted by TekZero (2671 posts) -

I just tried it, it didn't work.

#15 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Download Origins, we have cookies free games.

#16 Posted by Djstyles92 (952 posts) -

Nope doesn't work anymore =(

#17 Posted by yeah_write (219 posts) -

@Mattalorian: Sorry, looks like EA pulled the code. About two weeks ago they were selling Dragon Age 2 for $8. I scooped it up then. I'm sure the deal will come back around. It is the crazy game deal time of year after all.