#1 Edited by Evil_Alaska (293 posts) -

So I tweeted both Ryan and Jeff asking if it in anyway hurt Giant Bomb if I just gave my away my free code and I never got any response, so since I have no interest in it here you go. Enjoy duder who wants and gets it.

1. Log into an existing GameSpot account, or create a new one at http://www.gamespot.com/pages/common/login.php

2. Once logged in, go to http://www.gamespot.com/promotions/giantbomb/index.html

3. Enter this coupon code: e59621533056

4. Enjoy ad free GameSpot for all of 2012~!

#2 Posted by Jrinswand (1695 posts) -

1. Install AdBlock Plus.
2. Enjoy ad free everything forever.

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10479 posts) -

@Evil_Alaska: Thanks.

#4 Edited by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

I'm inclined to post mine in here too. I won't be using it. Does anyone think there is something worthwhile on GS that would make this worth it?

#5 Posted by Dourin (232 posts) -

Well, I used to get it in the past for their livestreams of the conferences during E3, but now those can be found in many places on the internet for free, so aside from no ads, I don't really see much of a reason for it if you're not a frequent reader of GS.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10479 posts) -

@BrockNRolla: It says that I now get "Priority Customer Support." Totally worth it dude!

#7 Edited by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Ha, thanks for the rationales. I didn't actually realized anyone locked the livestreams behind paywalls, but maybe it's just because I haven't followed GS since high school (7 years ago now) that I never noticed. Just looked at their front page to see if things have changed and saw that one of their latest articles is "Why Porn and Games Don't Mix."

I think I'm probably going to pass.

#8 Posted by CornBREDX (4813 posts) -

@BrockNRolla said:

I'm inclined to post mine in here too. I won't be using it. Does anyone think there is something worthwhile on GS that would make this worth it?

No. I already got one, cus I am a subscriber here (its currently bugged for me but I'm sure they'll fix it eventually) but I don't really care about it. I rarely- if ever- go to gamespot. Not because of any conceit or hatred, i just lost interest in that site. So mine will be fairly useless but whatev's- it was free haha.

#9 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@CornBREDX said:

@BrockNRolla said:

I'm inclined to post mine in here too. I won't be using it. Does anyone think there is something worthwhile on GS that would make this worth it?

No. I already got one, cus I am a subscriber here (its currently bugged for me but I'm sure they'll fix it eventually) but I don't really care about it. I rarely- if ever- go to gamespot. Not because of any conceit or hatred, i just lost interest in that site. So mine will be fairly useless but whatev's- it was free haha.

Yeah, I'm certainly not complaining they gave it to us. I just doubt I'll be using it. As long as Giant Bomb comes back to form as the Giant Bomb I knew and loved once all this moving and what-not is done, that's all I need.

#10 Posted by CornBREDX (4813 posts) -

@BrockNRolla: Agreed, although I used mine- so we'll see what comes of that (probably nothing =P ). hehe

#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

If the E3 press conferences are all consolidated into Gamespot"s E3 streams, then I'm inclined to keep the code, cause that sounds pretty useful.

#13 Posted by pedantics1 (11 posts) -

Doesn't work for me - wigs out on the address details screen. I'm from Australia, so that might have something to do with it. Tells me that I've forgotten to complete one or more fields when I've clearly completed all fields.

#14 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

So, when the Giant Bomb's section is complete, will this site close down?

#15 Posted by pedantics1 (11 posts) -

Solved by entering my address as 1 Street Name, Beverly Hills 90210

DATA MINING ATTEMPT FAIL

#16 Posted by HadesTimes (802 posts) -

Its not just ad free browsing, it's also HD video downloads and you can enter their live show contests.

#17 Posted by Pop (2606 posts) -

I kinda like to watch start/select my comment got picked like 2 weeks ago which was funny, Jane and Seb are my favorite!

After GB got bought I started going there again and noticed that they have some cool stuff.

#18 Edited by Vorbis (2749 posts) -

ONE OR MORE REQUIRED FIELDS WERE NOT FILLED OUT.

Just getting this over and over.

#19 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I used mine and still have ads. Lame!

Online
#20 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

I used mine and still have ads. Lame!

Did you re-login? You need to log out and log back in.

#21 Posted by Athadam (673 posts) -

@Pop said:

I kinda like to watch start/select my comment got picked like 2 weeks ago which was funny, Jane and Seb are my favorite!

After GB got bought I started going there again and noticed that they have some cool stuff.

Start Select is an amazing show. They need more support!

#22 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Good idea:

1. Log into an existing GameSpot account, or create a new one at http://www.gamespot.com/pages/common/login.php
2. Once logged in, go to http://www.gamespot.com/promotions/giantbomb/index.html
3. Enter this coupon code: 843c754f3f68
4. Enjoy ad free GameSpot for all of 2012~!

#23 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

HD streaming of E3 is going to be useful.

#24 Posted by Blackout62 (1329 posts) -
#25 Posted by darkvare (758 posts) -

just out of curiosity what exactly does the membership grants aside from ad free

#26 Posted by Brother_PipPop (252 posts) -

69cb349f2a22

Enjoy nerds.

#27 Posted by Brother_PipPop (252 posts) -

@darkvare said:

just out of curiosity what exactly does the membership grants aside from ad free

HD downloads and entered into prize drawings or something something.

#28 Posted by moffattron9000 (351 posts) -

@Brother_PipPop said:

@darkvare said:

just out of curiosity what exactly does the membership grants aside from ad free

HD downloads and entered into prize drawings or something something.

don't forget the colored name. I'm going with bright pink.

For a proper answer here's the guide gamespot has http://www.gamespot.com/signup/comparisonchart.html

#29 Posted by grokman10 (64 posts) -

Stuck at gamespot's validate info screen. Will not validate. Oh well, shit.

#30 Posted by SpaceRunaway (844 posts) -
#31 Posted by thirt13n (12 posts) -

Coupon code: d3084d09cfd7

Enjoy!

#32 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

I don't go over to Gamespot much anymore (since my old geezer gamer union faded out) but what the hell, if it's free it's for me!