• 73 results
thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 thatpinguino  Moderator

@video_game_king: Have you tried posting your blog outside of the confines of GB? If so how was the reaction?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@video_game_king: Have you tried posting your blog outside of the confines of GB? If so how was the reaction?

You mean that's an option?

Seriously, though, I have been considering archiving screenshot threads on Tumblr for all of today. It seems doable; all I need is coding knowledge to make the process less needlessly tedious. Who knows? It could encourage blogging. Could.

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

#53  Edited By majormitch

I fully support this, and would love to check out more blogs! (And I should try and make more time to be more actively engaged as well.) I believe the many blogs I've enjoyed reading have already been mentioned, and rightly so!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

What did I do to get followed by you?

Also, I wish that the people following you could/had to leave a blurb telling you why they decided to follow you. Sometimes I get the weirdest follows.

Followed. Why? Because.

How's that for feedback?

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By generic_username

@pyromagnestir said:

@believer258 said:
@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

Also, I wish that the people following you could/had to leave a blurb telling you why they decided to follow you. Sometimes I get the weirdest follows.

Followed. Why? Because.

How's that for feedback?

Occasionally I leave a message explaining why I followed someone, but I've never gotten a response back, so I quit doing that out of fear that I was being weird.

Though I pretty much only follow people if they're either nice, funny, interested in similar things as me, or a some combination of that.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#56  Edited By pyromagnestir

@pyromagnestir said:

@believer258 said:
@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

Followed. Why? Because.

How's that for feedback?

Occasionally I leave a message explaining why I followed someone, but I've never gotten a response back, so I quit doing that out of fear that I was being weird.

Though I pretty much only follow people if they're either nice, funny, interested in similar things as me, or a some combination of that.

I follow the people I intend to replace Single White Female style. But it's best not to tell them that so I keep it to myself.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@pyromagnestir said:

@believer258 said:
@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

Followed. Why? Because.

How's that for feedback?

That's pretty much the same criteria I use when finding new people to follow. I've never left feedback, but I know I've followed people at seemingly the most random times.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@fobwashed: that's being worked on, sorry we had a bunch of stuff in queue (still cleaning thru the bug lists). We need to purge moderator topics from that listing and we can re-release to the wild.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

@mrpibb: No worries. Things are always being worked on in the order of what's on the most fire =P What I really do need from you is your damn shirt size... Get on it duder!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#60  Edited By Slag

I know the site's reduced social functionality has really dampened my enthusiasm for it lately. Still hoping it will eventually get back to 2011 levels of functionality. It feels like it's been quasi-broken for 2+ year.

@mento:

Don't forget @majormitch@grantheaslip@gunstarred and @pabba. They've been cranking out some great blogs for a while now

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@video_game_king: Seems to me the amount of nostalgia your topic conjures is what counts, more than the effort sometimes. Or if you get in the middle of an established conflict.

It definitely helps if people have actually played the game you're blogging about.

I have to admit if I haven't played the game being covered, I don't usually comment as what can I add if I no first hand experience on the matter? Although I usually always read both your blogs (unless I'm trying to avoid spoilers)

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 thatpinguino  Moderator

@slag: The more people that have played the game, the better. Including spoilers is also an audience shrinker. I totally understand that it can be impossible to comment on a write-up for a game you haven't played.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#63  Edited By Brackynews

@believer258: Yeah, probably about 50% of the time I'll post on someone's wall why I followed. Actually making it mandatory might result in fewer people bothering to click the button.

@hailinel: I feel the need to correct your three choices of gender pronoun for @pepsiman. ;)

@mento: @zombiepie: Ok, so it's just 80,000 or so that were automatic? I feel better now. ;p

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: Hmm, according to your profile I don't? (Something glitchy that seems to happen with the new site is disconnecting people I used to follow. Not to mention my post count jumped way up.) But assuming I did, I bet it was due to a good comment.

@hunter5024 said:

If blogs were written with intentions instead of words, then I would be blogging all up and down this place.

Quoting the hell outta that. Also reiterating that blogs are one of the less common reasons I follow someone (since I'm mainly an article comments duder.)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel: I feel the need to correct your three choices of gender pronoun for @pepsiman. ;)

Pepsiman's gender has been a constant enigma to me for the longest time. Thanks for clarifying!

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Brackynews

Hey hey it's #F5 Friday! Let's keep the fun follow freight train rollin!

This list of names is brought to you by: Page 1 of my profile followings. Again without getting into specifics I can't remember, these are all good honest site-lovin' folk who may or may not be active. Do you remember them? Discuss!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#66 ZombiePie  Staff

@hailinel said:

@brackynews said:

Pepsiman's gender has been a constant enigma to me for the longest time. Thanks for clarifying!

He runs fantastic Twitch and YouTube channels by the way.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

@brackynews: I'm deeply flattered that after having long gotten tired of the Bobrossfreak username on YouTube myself after coming up with it during my dumb non-sequitur high school humor years that there's still someone out there who likes it. ;D

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't really post much now. I just lurk. Always lurking.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hey hey it's #F5 Friday! Let's keep the fun follow freight train rollin!

This list of names is brought to you by: Page 1 of my profile followings. Again without getting into specifics I can't remember, these are all good honest site-lovin' folk who may or may not be active. Do you remember them? Discuss!

@nev said:

Really great idea. Glad to see someone bring this up. Here are a few folks I suggest following:

@cathryn: Great writer.

@artelinarose: Provides an often very needed side on transgender issues.

@animasta: You will find no better source on the internet for talk of Nier and Zeno Clash.

D'awww sweeties. <3

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By tsutohiro

If you lead Duder, I'll follow.

Edit: I can't believe how many of you I haven't been following. Fuck.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#72  Edited By Video_Game_King

@brackynews:

I just now realized that I'm not following you. I know who you are (or at least if I saw your username, I'd think "that looks familiar"), so I shall amend that error posthaste.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Brackynews

@video_game_king: I seriously don't mean to talk about myself in this thread, but I should at least say Thanks Duder for being my #200! I've always felt our circles of activity on the site don't overlap much; but not for any specific reason. Those people who have several mutual friends, but never strike up a conversation until years later. Building bridges right here in GD! #realtalk