Fun fact: this blog is longer than any of the games in it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Edited By Video_Game_King

No Caption Provided

Half-Life 2: Episode One

( FUUUUUUCK.) There's absolutely no way this can end well. Every time I cover an FPS beginning with "Hal", it never ends well. Half of the comments are going to be people telling me that I played the game the wrong way, while the other half will just shake their heads in shame when they look at the screenshots I took (OK, I can't blame the second half for what they do). Or maybe people have caught on and just refuse to acknowledge me whatsoever. And the worst part? I actually like this game. It's pretty much Half-Life 2, but more of it. Do you see what you have done, dear readers? You have made me dread a game I actually enjoyed. GAZE UPON YOUR CRIMES AGAINST YOUR GLORIOUS KING!

Also, gaze upon my crimes against Half-Life. Preferably through a mirror, since it's pretty damn likely that direct contact will turn you to stone. I first noticed this after the Vortigaunt kept the G-Man from interacting with the plot in any major way. That's when Alyx gave me a big hug, pulled back, and aged approximately ten years. Things only got worse from there. Lighting ranged from good to "here are some black paint swatches", and speaking of lighting, turning on the flashlight was a surefire way to make the game chug like a motherfucker. But even without the flashlight, the first half of the game was this if you want humor, and this if you want realism (texture/model detail included). Before you yell at me and have me burned at the stake as a witch, though, let it be made perfectly clear that I am under no illusions. I'm fully aware that all of this is due to my computer. If I owned something that could actually render a polygon without crashing, I'm pretty sure this game would look much better. Hell, the Core causing my computer to freak out is evidence enough that my computer can't handle such high levels of awesome. I'd have trolled the hell out of you with a video (how else could I get the frame rate into the decimals?), but not knowing the kindling point of an Amiga 1000, I didn't want to take any risks. You'll just have to wait until I get a marginally less crap computer to see my mean-spirited YouTube fuckery.

Did I just get glitched into Twilight Princess? What the hell is going on in this picture?
Did I just get glitched into Twilight Princess? What the hell is going on in this picture?
OK, do we have that out of the way? Good, now we can move onto the story. That may not be a good idea, though, because there's not a lot of it. Don't construe that as a complaint; it's just that the game is about four to six hours long, so there's not gonna be a lot of story. It's just Alyx and Gordon hauling ass into the (now oddly somewhat comical) Citadel, hauling ass back out, and then hauling as much ass as possible out of City 17. I guess the point I'm trying to communicate is that there's a lot of ass in this game. I think. The elevators were certainly ass (not a fan of trial and error and even more error), even if the rest of the game wasn't even close to being ass. It has you doing all sorts of cool stuff like blasting your way through a hospital with oddly bitching music, witnessing Valve combine both the "here's a stupidly high amount of trip mines" and the "this vent just broke, and you're kinda fucked if you have less than 15 health" parts of the first Half-Life into one, solving some ball puzzles...there's a lot to remember about this, isn't there? How did Valve manage to stuff so many cool moments into this game? It's only about six hours long! Normally, I'd use this opportunity to complain about something like how you can't kill Alyx with the Gravity Gun, especially since she wasn't even phased by the explosives I launched at Zombine forces a foot away from her, but again, the story's short enough that it's not much of an issue.

Oh, and speaking of the Gravity Gun, that was pretty much the only weapon I used throughout the entire game. Why? Because of this achievement. You'd think that this would prevent me from commenting on the weapons in this game, but it doesn't, because I already did. They're all exactly the same weapons, so I imagine they're all just as cool as before, even if you're stuck with the Gravity Gun for a good chunk of the game. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing; after all, this is the Gravity Gun on roid rage from the end of Half-Life 2, so you get to spend all that time flinging dudes at other dudes. There's a gay joke in there, but I think I already made it. Unfortunately, for just as much time spent on crafting elaborately gay scenarios in the first one or two chapters, you spend just as much time solving puzzles. Crap. I'd yell at Valve for not giving me enough time with the weapons, but again, I only fired one bullet. Because the achievements told me to. Oh, speaking of which: the achievements, like before, are pretty cool. There are some "we don't want to admit that these are lazy story-based" achievements, some "you need skill for this" achievements, quirky ones I already mentioned, and possibly another one. I told you before: it's a short game. In fact, that's pretty much Episode One: Half-Life 2 for people who don't have time for Half-Life 2. If you would like to read more, go click on the words "I already did", because not only do I enjoy thematic consistency, but I love fucking with you. Now excuse me while I reinstall this game and fire up Unregistered Hypercam 2.

Review Synopsis

Can somebody explain why Cheetahmen is so popular in Japan? How could this game get so much popularity in Japan? AND WHY IS THERE A THUNDERCATS ANIME!?

Parasite Eve

( Well, that was certainly an...interesting...game.) Yea, let's go with that. Interesting. I know that I play a ton of weird games, but never before have one of those games left me with so many questions. Why is this game so obsessed with dude nectar? Why is the second disc so damn short? Where did Aya's jacket go at the end of the game? Who the hell looked at Resident Evil 2 and thought it needed more Active Time Battle? And why do I like it so damn much?

I might as well try to answer those questions, and I might as well start with the dude glue, by which I mean the story. After what seems to be a rap song that couldn't get past finding out what vaguely rhymes, the game begins with the oddly realistic (aside from her vacant anime expression in all the FMVs) Aya Brea treating herself to an early Christmas present with an opera. Predictably, it ends the moment that everybody attending bursts into flames; unpredictably, Satan Claus has nothing to do with it. (Someday, I'll tell you where he was at the time.) Now Aya must figure out what the hell is going on. Sadly, it involves science. Lots and lots of science. Oddly sound science, too. You wo...OK, you will find some sci-fi bullshit in this game, and I'm getting to that, but the point I'm trying to make is that it knows an oddly high amount of things about biology. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Syracuse University just hands this game out in Biology 101 classes. Of course, they have to cut a bit out, because there's some ridiculous shit in this game. Here's the thing: the steps leading up to what it's talking about are true, but that doesn't make the subject matter any less insane. For example, it's true that mitochondria generate a lot of energy, but it's hard to believe that they can turn that energy directly into lighting themselves on fire. (Sorry for spoiling something that gets mentioned within the first hour or so.) It only gets worse near the end of the game, where it's revealed that the villain became villainous because she essentially gave herself AIDS, and goes through about nine months worth of pregnancy in about twelve hours. Also, sperm. Enough sperm to impregnate every woman on Earth.

Step one of the mitochondria's world domination plan: ride the nearest cock.
Oh, you think I'm kidding about the sperm fixation? You thought that it was just my overly sexual nature shining through? I AM SURPRISED THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF THOUGHT! First, as I said before, Eve (I probably should have told you before that the villain is named Eve) wants to get pregnant, so obviously, she has to find as much sperm as possible. I know that it sounds like I'm making a big deal out of this, but if I am, it's only because the game does. Remember what I said about it being detailed about its science? That applies to sperm, too. Oh, the things you'll hear about sperm. Did you know that scientists are working on robo-sperm? Oh, and did I mention that the final boss is a fetus that attacks you with lightning cum? DEAR GOD, I FUCKING WISH I WAS MAKING THIS SHIT UP. How many prescription meds do you have to abuse before you come up with an idea like that and don't reject it as unsettlingly insane? Shit like that scares the hell out of me. That's my way of saying that this a pretty unsettling game. To understand why, watch this video of a rat...doing... something. (Remember, readers: it feasts on your nightmares.) Sure beats Resident Evil, doesn't it?

Speaking of Resident Evil, Parasite Eve is what happens when Final Fantasy VIII breaks into Resident Evil's room and swipes its zombie-virus-laden sperm. For example, you have the pre-rendered environments of Resident Evil, but the "CGI every ten minutes" of Final Fantasy (it gets especially ridiculous when combined with the weird "no dialogue in CGI" rule); you get Final Fantasy focus on story, but Resident Evil stupid one-liners (Aya justifying murder); there's Final Fantasy inventory management, but Resident Evil inventory limits. (Also, a side character whose only purpose is to clutter your inventory with useless shit.) Fortunately, unlike Resident Evil, you can upgrade it with a point system. You can also spend those points on Active Time Battle (more on that in a bit), your gun, your armor, your club, your other gun...there's a ton of customization in this game. The types of things you can do to guns in this game would make the Mythbusters blush. Before I figured out that grenade launchers were the way to go, I managed to cobble together an automatic tranquilizer rifle with the spread of a shotgun. I wanted to outfit it with some heat-seeking capabilities, but I ran out of tools and I wasn't willing to grind for any.

Pictured: Aya in shocked disbelief as Daniel barrels down the middle of the road for no justifiable reason.
Pictured: Aya in shocked disbelief as Daniel barrels down the middle of the road for no justifiable reason.
And so we come to the battle system. Yes, there's a battle system, and it goes by the name of Active Time Battle. There's just one difference between this version and the version you used to mash the square button a billion times to power up your summon: you actually have to dodge and conserve ammo and stuff. Try to imagine if Vagrant Story and Resident Evil became one. It's just as awesome as it sounds, especially when combined with what I said about the guns earlier. In fact, stick with guns throughout the whole game, because everything else is buried behind menus. There's no quick way to use an item or change weapons/armor (I said it in my FF13 blog, and I'll say it here: there are two big shoulder buttons Square. Use them!) although I can kinda understand why. After all, it's hard to map things to hotkeys when you don't have a keyboard, making the PS1 port of Diablo all the more confusing. What I don't understand is the magic system. No, I'm not talking about the MP system, which just slowly recharges in battle before eventually giving up. That actually makes sense; after all, there's nothing scarier than finding out that those FF12 elixirs were about seven years away. What I'm referring to are the spells themselves. Let me get right to the point: there are only two offensive spells in the whole game, and they both leave you wide open for attack. Why are most of the spells defensive? I like hasting myself as much as the next guy, but with only two attack spells, the game feels kinda lacking.

In fact, that's a very good way to describe Parasite Eve, kinda: lacking. First, something I should have brought up two paragraphs ago: the graphics. Before I insult them, let me say that I am in no way insulting them. The models are pretty detailed, there's some decent animation, and did I mention that I'm only talking about the in-game graphics? As for the CGI you see every two minutes, just double what I said about the in-game graphics, only subtract the part where battles don't get cast off into a special battle dimension, Final Fantasy style. That's how good Parasite Eve looks. So what the hell is lacking? Well, the backgrounds don't do much (it's a sad day when Final Fantasy VII trumps you graphically), and there are a few moments where Square really should have taken the time to model something. Like here. I know it's a minor point, but it still annoys me a bit. But that's not the biggest problem. Not even close. The biggest problem? Probably that "justifying murder" link from earlier. Blah blah blah, some other stuff, game length. I'll just come out and say it: it's only about 6-8 hours long. Each day is about an hour long, give or take, and there isn't a lot of side content to speak of. Just the Chrysler Building Mega Death Dungeon, some other area, and that's about it. Also, it's a pretty easy game, but I shouldn't have to tell you that (did you forget about the customization paragraph?). Eh, I guess it's just the 1998 version of Portal: a really short hybrid with a lot of cool, memorable stuff. Now that I think about it, that's also the perfect way to describe that fetus thing I mentioned earlier.

Review Synopsis

• Mitochondria and sperm and all this other crazy shit! AAAHHH!!!!!
  • For those of you who think that Parasite Eve is just Resident Evil mashed together with Final Fantasy: that's exactly what it is.
  • I'm pretty sure that I spent more time with Resident Evil 2 than I did with this game.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Video_Game_King

No Caption Provided

Half-Life 2: Episode One

( FUUUUUUCK.) There's absolutely no way this can end well. Every time I cover an FPS beginning with "Hal", it never ends well. Half of the comments are going to be people telling me that I played the game the wrong way, while the other half will just shake their heads in shame when they look at the screenshots I took (OK, I can't blame the second half for what they do). Or maybe people have caught on and just refuse to acknowledge me whatsoever. And the worst part? I actually like this game. It's pretty much Half-Life 2, but more of it. Do you see what you have done, dear readers? You have made me dread a game I actually enjoyed. GAZE UPON YOUR CRIMES AGAINST YOUR GLORIOUS KING!

Also, gaze upon my crimes against Half-Life. Preferably through a mirror, since it's pretty damn likely that direct contact will turn you to stone. I first noticed this after the Vortigaunt kept the G-Man from interacting with the plot in any major way. That's when Alyx gave me a big hug, pulled back, and aged approximately ten years. Things only got worse from there. Lighting ranged from good to "here are some black paint swatches", and speaking of lighting, turning on the flashlight was a surefire way to make the game chug like a motherfucker. But even without the flashlight, the first half of the game was this if you want humor, and this if you want realism (texture/model detail included). Before you yell at me and have me burned at the stake as a witch, though, let it be made perfectly clear that I am under no illusions. I'm fully aware that all of this is due to my computer. If I owned something that could actually render a polygon without crashing, I'm pretty sure this game would look much better. Hell, the Core causing my computer to freak out is evidence enough that my computer can't handle such high levels of awesome. I'd have trolled the hell out of you with a video (how else could I get the frame rate into the decimals?), but not knowing the kindling point of an Amiga 1000, I didn't want to take any risks. You'll just have to wait until I get a marginally less crap computer to see my mean-spirited YouTube fuckery.

OK, do we have that out of the way? Good, now we can move onto the story. That may not be a good idea, though, because there's not a lot of it. Don't construe that as a complaint; it's just that the game is about four to six hours long, so there's not gonna be a lot of story. It's just Alyx and Gordon hauling ass into the (now oddly somewhat comical) Citadel, hauling ass back out, and then hauling as much ass as possible out of City 17. I guess the point I'm trying to communicate is that there's a lot of ass in this game. I think. The elevators were certainly ass (not a fan of trial and error and even more error), even if the rest of the game wasn't even close to being ass. It has you doing all sorts of cool stuff like blasting your way through a hospital with oddly bitching music, witnessing Valve combine both the "here's a stupidly high amount of trip mines" and the "this vent just broke, and you're kinda fucked if you have less than 15 health" parts of the first Half-Life into one, solving some ball puzzles...there's a lot to remember about this, isn't there? How did Valve manage to stuff so many cool moments into this game? It's only about six hours long! Normally, I'd use this opportunity to complain about something like how you can't kill Alyx with the Gravity Gun, especially since she wasn't even phased by the explosives I launched at Zombine forces a foot away from her, but again, the story's short enough that it's not much of an issue.

Oh, and speaking of the Gravity Gun, that was pretty much the only weapon I used throughout the entire game. Why? Because of this achievement. You'd think that this would prevent me from commenting on the weapons in this game, but it doesn't, because I already did. They're all exactly the same weapons, so I imagine they're all just as cool as before, even if you're stuck with the Gravity Gun for a good chunk of the game. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing; after all, this is the Gravity Gun on roid rage from the end of Half-Life 2, so you get to spend all that time flinging dudes at other dudes. There's a gay joke in there, but I think I already made it. Unfortunately, for just as much time spent on crafting elaborately gay scenarios in the first one or two chapters, you spend just as much time solving puzzles. Crap. I'd yell at Valve for not giving me enough time with the weapons, but again, I only fired one bullet. Because the achievements told me to. Oh, speaking of which: the achievements, like before, are pretty cool. There are some "we don't want to admit that these are lazy story-based" achievements, some "you need skill for this" achievements, quirky ones I already mentioned, and possibly another one. I told you before: it's a short game. In fact, that's pretty much Episode One: Half-Life 2 for people who don't have time for Half-Life 2. If you would like to read more, go click on the words "I already did", because not only do I enjoy thematic consistency, but I love fucking with you. Now excuse me while I reinstall this game and fire up Unregistered Hypercam 2.

Review Synopsis

Can somebody explain why Cheetahmen is so popular in Japan? How could this game get so much popularity in Japan? AND WHY IS THERE A THUNDERCATS ANIME!?

Parasite Eve

( Well, that was certainly an...interesting...game.) Yea, let's go with that. Interesting. I know that I play a ton of weird games, but never before have one of those games left me with so many questions. Why is this game so obsessed with dude nectar? Why is the second disc so damn short? Where did Aya's jacket go at the end of the game? Who the hell looked at Resident Evil 2 and thought it needed more Active Time Battle? And why do I like it so damn much?

I might as well try to answer those questions, and I might as well start with the dude glue, by which I mean the story. After what seems to be a rap song that couldn't get past finding out what vaguely rhymes, the game begins with the oddly realistic (aside from her vacant anime expression in all the FMVs) Aya Brea treating herself to an early Christmas present with an opera. Predictably, it ends the moment that everybody attending bursts into flames; unpredictably, Satan Claus has nothing to do with it. (Someday, I'll tell you where he was at the time.) Now Aya must figure out what the hell is going on. Sadly, it involves science. Lots and lots of science. Oddly sound science, too. You wo...OK, you will find some sci-fi bullshit in this game, and I'm getting to that, but the point I'm trying to make is that it knows an oddly high amount of things about biology. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Syracuse University just hands this game out in Biology 101 classes. Of course, they have to cut a bit out, because there's some ridiculous shit in this game. Here's the thing: the steps leading up to what it's talking about are true, but that doesn't make the subject matter any less insane. For example, it's true that mitochondria generate a lot of energy, but it's hard to believe that they can turn that energy directly into lighting themselves on fire. (Sorry for spoiling something that gets mentioned within the first hour or so.) It only gets worse near the end of the game, where it's revealed that the villain became villainous because she essentially gave herself AIDS, and goes through about nine months worth of pregnancy in about twelve hours. Also, sperm. Enough sperm to impregnate every woman on Earth.

Oh, you think I'm kidding about the sperm fixation? You thought that it was just my overly sexual nature shining through? I AM SURPRISED THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF THOUGHT! First, as I said before, Eve (I probably should have told you before that the villain is named Eve) wants to get pregnant, so obviously, she has to find as much sperm as possible. I know that it sounds like I'm making a big deal out of this, but if I am, it's only because the game does. Remember what I said about it being detailed about its science? That applies to sperm, too. Oh, the things you'll hear about sperm. Did you know that scientists are working on robo-sperm? Oh, and did I mention that the final boss is a fetus that attacks you with lightning cum? DEAR GOD, I FUCKING WISH I WAS MAKING THIS SHIT UP. How many prescription meds do you have to abuse before you come up with an idea like that and don't reject it as unsettlingly insane? Shit like that scares the hell out of me. That's my way of saying that this a pretty unsettling game. To understand why, watch this video of a rat...doing... something. (Remember, readers: it feasts on your nightmares.) Sure beats Resident Evil, doesn't it?

Speaking of Resident Evil, Parasite Eve is what happens when Final Fantasy VIII breaks into Resident Evil's room and swipes its zombie-virus-laden sperm. For example, you have the pre-rendered environments of Resident Evil, but the "CGI every ten minutes" of Final Fantasy (it gets especially ridiculous when combined with the weird "no dialogue in CGI" rule); you get Final Fantasy focus on story, but Resident Evil stupid one-liners (Aya justifying murder); there's Final Fantasy inventory management, but Resident Evil inventory limits. (Also, a side character whose only purpose is to clutter your inventory with useless shit.) Fortunately, unlike Resident Evil, you can upgrade it with a point system. You can also spend those points on Active Time Battle (more on that in a bit), your gun, your armor, your club, your other gun...there's a ton of customization in this game. The types of things you can do to guns in this game would make the Mythbusters blush. Before I figured out that grenade launchers were the way to go, I managed to cobble together an automatic tranquilizer rifle with the spread of a shotgun. I wanted to outfit it with some heat-seeking capabilities, but I ran out of tools and I wasn't willing to grind for any.

And so we come to the battle system. Yes, there's a battle system, and it goes by the name of Active Time Battle. There's just one difference between this version and the version you used to mash the square button a billion times to power up your summon: you actually have to dodge and conserve ammo and stuff. Try to imagine if Vagrant Story and Resident Evil became one. It's just as awesome as it sounds, especially when combined with what I said about the guns earlier. In fact, stick with guns throughout the whole game, because everything else is buried behind menus. There's no quick way to use an item or change weapons/armor (I said it in my FF13 blog, and I'll say it here: there are two big shoulder buttons Square. Use them!) although I can kinda understand why. After all, it's hard to map things to hotkeys when you don't have a keyboard, making the PS1 port of Diablo all the more confusing. What I don't understand is the magic system. No, I'm not talking about the MP system, which just slowly recharges in battle before eventually giving up. That actually makes sense; after all, there's nothing scarier than finding out that those FF12 elixirs were about seven years away. What I'm referring to are the spells themselves. Let me get right to the point: there are only two offensive spells in the whole game, and they both leave you wide open for attack. Why are most of the spells defensive? I like hasting myself as much as the next guy, but with only two attack spells, the game feels kinda lacking.

In fact, that's a very good way to describe Parasite Eve, kinda: lacking. First, something I should have brought up two paragraphs ago: the graphics. Before I insult them, let me say that I am in no way insulting them. The models are pretty detailed, there's some decent animation, and did I mention that I'm only talking about the in-game graphics? As for the CGI you see every two minutes, just double what I said about the in-game graphics, only subtract the part where battles don't get cast off into a special battle dimension, Final Fantasy style. That's how good Parasite Eve looks. So what the hell is lacking? Well, the backgrounds don't do much (it's a sad day when Final Fantasy VII trumps you graphically), and there are a few moments where Square really should have taken the time to model something. Like here. I know it's a minor point, but it still annoys me a bit. But that's not the biggest problem. Not even close. The biggest problem? Probably that "justifying murder" link from earlier. Blah blah blah, some other stuff, game length. I'll just come out and say it: it's only about 6-8 hours long. Each day is about an hour long, give or take, and there isn't a lot of side content to speak of. Just the Chrysler Building Mega Death Dungeon, some other area, and that's about it. Also, it's a pretty easy game, but I shouldn't have to tell you that (did you forget about the customization paragraph?). Eh, I guess it's just the 1998 version of Portal: a really short hybrid with a lot of cool, memorable stuff. Now that I think about it, that's also the perfect way to describe that fetus thing I mentioned earlier.

Review Synopsis

• Mitochondria and sperm and all this other crazy shit! AAAHHH!!!!!
  • For those of you who think that Parasite Eve is just Resident Evil mashed together with Final Fantasy: that's exactly what it is.
  • I'm pretty sure that I spent more time with Resident Evil 2 than I did with this game.
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#2  Edited By Mento  Moderator  Online

I was enjoying Parasite Eve 2 until the PS3 told me I couldn't play it any more (though this might be because of the quality of the PS1 disc I was using.) It actually felt more Metroid-y compared to Res Evil for me, and not just because you had a petite blonde chick blowing everything up.

I went for the one bullet only achievement on HL2:Ep1 too. I don't think it makes the game particularly harder (unlike that no kills/no alarms achievement for Deus Ex HR that someone was complaining about), and helped make the game feel totally different. Like the Gnome achievement in two of their games, and the one in Portal 2 where you smash all of Wheatley's monitors (which creates an bonus set of puzzles to solve), it's proof if proof were needed that nobody does achievements better than Valve. It's kind of sickening how good they are at everything. Except making stuff look good on your PC?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

They're throwing Metroid into the mix for the sequel? Does The 3rd Birthday have a turn-based rhythm section?

@Mento said:

It's kind of sickening how good they are at everything. Except making stuff look good on your PC?
Pretty much, yea. (I'd comment on the rest of that post, but I don't remember what Episode One was like when I first played it on The Orange Box (not with that One Bullet Achievement), Left 4 Dead is Left 4 Dead, and I haven't played any of the other games.)
Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Hargreaves93

Not played the original PE, but played the second one and that was sooo weird. I got really into it then I remember just getting completely stuck.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Hargreaves93

Does Parasite Eve 2 also have some weird sperm obsession? Is sperm a theme that runs throughout the whole series?
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By iam3green

half life is a great game.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King
@iam3green said:
Which one?

Also, it turns out that you get a PM when your blog gets on the front page. I'm pretty sure that one of the engineers added that just to annoy the interns.
CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaLe

I am just making a comment to acknowledge this blog post because it deserves that.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iam3green
@Video_Game_King said:
@iam3green said:
Which one?
all of them!!
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Hizang

This makes me want to go and play Half Life 2, I have the Orange Box just sitting there.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Hizang

Episode One makes you want to play Half-Life 2 more? Sequels aren't supposed to do that.
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#12  Edited By Mento  Moderator  Online

@Video_Game_King: Weird, I never got a specific PM. Just "___ commented on ur whatsit, duder" ones from having slightly more traffic, which was enough of a hint.

Even more weird, for the past few blogs I've made I haven't received a PM to alert me about the first comment being posted. I get one for every comment after that, just not for whoever posted first. Changes are afoot, perhaps.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Mento

This can only mean one of two things. Either:

1. The PM system is glitched, at least on your end, or...
  2. ...The staff thinks that I'm awesome enough to deserve double recognition.
Take your pick.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Video_Game_King: " Step one of the mitochondria's world domination plan: ride the nearest cock." 

A lot of female popstars would argue that this is as valid a strategy as any :O
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King
@ProfessorEss said:
@Video_Game_King: " Step one of the mitochondria's world domination plan: ride the nearest cock."  A lot of female popstars would argue that this is as valid a strategy as any :O
Wait, female? Is there something I don't know about the male pop stars?
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Video_Game_King said:

@ProfessorEss said:

@Video_Game_King: " Step one of the mitochondria's world domination plan: ride the nearest cock."  A lot of female popstars would argue that this is as valid a strategy as any :O
Wait, female? Is there something I don't know about the male pop stars?
Replace the word  "ride" with "take"?
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Video_Game_King
@ProfessorEss

I don't think you know what the phrase "sit and spin" means.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By SSully

I assume you are going to do episode 2 next? Because that game is much better then episode 1. I thought episode 1 was basically a copy and past of the last half of hl2. Which isn't a bad thing, it was just uncreative.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King
@SSully

Actually, no. I don't own it for the PC, and I think I gave people a reason not to chance that. However, I will be covering another FPS soon. I'll let you guess what it is.
Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hargreaves93
@Video_Game_King said:
@Hargreaves93:   Does Parasite Eve 2 also have some weird sperm obsession? Is sperm a theme that runs throughout the whole series?
Not from memory haha! It has the RE mixed with FF though :P
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By laserbolts

Good blog did you get around to finishing duke nukem afterwards? Your thoughts on that?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Video_Game_King
@laserbolts

I'm still working on it, but I'm pretty sure I'll have it done in time for my next blog.
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By laserbolts
@Video_Game_King Cool looking forward to it.
QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By QuistisTrepe

Ah, poor Parasite Eve, what could have been. Too bad the series never got any better after the first game. PE2 was total dog shit (think old school Resident Evil with even worse gameplay) and PE3 doesn't look like it's worth my time.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King
@QuistisTrepe said:
PE2 was total dog shit (think old school Resident Evil with even worse gameplay)
I'm still gonna play it, you know.
QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By QuistisTrepe
@Video_Game_King said:
@QuistisTrepe said:
PE2 was total dog shit (think old school Resident Evil with even worse gameplay)
I'm still gonna play it, you know.
You've played worse.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hizang

@Video_Game_King: No because I really want to play Episode 1, but like Vinny I can't play that until I have played Half Life 2

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By PixelPrinny

I came in looking for a blog that was longer than the games talked about within it. I was not disappointed.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Video_Game_King
@PixelPrinny said:

I came in looking for a blog that was longer than the games talked about within it. I was not disappointed.

Why did you eat Robin's minstrels?
Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@Video_Game_King: I liked the Parasite Eve bit, didn't read the Episode One bit.

After reading said Parasite Eve bit, I can now articulate why I don't like your blogs. You reference too many games that I haven't played. I have no idea how Vagrant Story plays, and because of that your comparison falls flat. At least, it falls flat to those that have never played Vagrant Story.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King
@c0l0nelp0c0rn1

I made a Vagrant Story comparison? I don't remember that. Anyway, this may sound dickish (in fact, it absolutely will sound dickish), but that's a bit of a petty complaint. Vagrant Story isn't terribly obscure, so it isn't much to expect people to have heard of it, in the very least. Besides, that's not much of an issue for the first half of the blog, in case you want to read that. If it makes you feel any better, the worst I get in my next blog is a Phantasy Star comparison. That one's harder to play in terms of obscurity.
QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By QuistisTrepe
@Video_Game_King said:
@c0l0nelp0c0rn1:   I made a Vagrant Story comparison? I don't remember that. Anyway, this may sound dickish (in fact, it absolutely will sound dickish), but that's a bit of a petty complaint. Vagrant Story isn't terribly obscure, so it isn't much to expect people to have heard of it, in the very least. Besides, that's not much of an issue for the first half of the blog, in case you want to read that. If it makes you feel any better, the worst I get in my next blog is a Phantasy Star comparison. That one's harder to play in terms of obscurity.
Vagrant Story isn't that mainstream either, and that's probably a good things since it blows. But yes, at this point in gaming old school Phantasy Star is becoming a forgotten relic, especially with those crappy online RPG releases that have bastardized the original series for which it's named.
Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

> why Cheetahmen is so popular in Japan  
this is like Big Rigs 
you know, popular because of how bad it is

3~4 years ago someone translated and added Chinese subtitles to a video rant/review of Action 52 on youtube  
it began to circle around the Chinese gaming community, then eventually someone re-translate them into moonspeak
somehow among the 52 broken games the cheetahman caugh the Japs' eye and lols, replay and remix of the theme ensues 

#edit 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0TmdwWE8FE&feature=channel_video_title 
if you can ignore how bad the game is, you'll found the background music is actually pretty nice lol

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sungahymn
@Hizang said:

This makes me want to go and play Half Life 2, I have the Orange Box just sitting there.

Play through it, it's pretty awesome.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Video_Game_King
@sungahymn said:
@Hizang said:

Play through it, it's pretty awesome.
What he said.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hizang
@Video_Game_King@sungahymn It's to late now, games are coming out!
Quesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By Quesa

Everyone knows Parasite Eve was only 500 words long.