• 54 results
#1 Edited by mnzy (2914 posts) -
#2 Posted by mosespippy (4161 posts) -

It was always a profesional Russian counterfeit and not a joke. It just happens to be funny.

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

It's the Russian go-to video game website!

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

that talking bomb is scary as hell

#5 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

The original Giant Bomb is a silent protagonist. It's for the best, you really aren't ready to hear the things he has to say.

#6 Posted by niko555 (120 posts) -

always bums me out that the shameles copy of giantbomb is doing better than the real one.

#7 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5000 posts) -

Is there any other russian video game websites? Maybe they don't have rivals for viewcount.

#8 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I can't wait for the inevitable Giant Bomb vs Game Bomb death match in a cell.

#9 Posted by laserbolts (5321 posts) -

Damn it just reminds me of how small this site actually is.

#10 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2006 posts) -

It is website, about game!

But seriously, what? I remember when this shit popped up and it's seriously a real thing? Jesus, haha.

#11 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Can any Russian speakers comment on the quality of the site? Maybe they're alright. Then again last time I checked, they had reviews up for games that weren't even out at the time.

#12 Edited by mnzy (2914 posts) -

@dungbootle said:

Can any Russian speakers comment on the quality of the site? Maybe they're alright. Then again last time I checked, they had reviews up for games that weren't even out at the time.

Yeah, I remember them having a Portal 2 review out, months before the games release.

Considering how big this site apparently is, they probably travel and could potentially meet with Giant Bomb.

#13 Posted by ShaggE (6450 posts) -

A talking bomb!? Hold the damn phone. None of our mascots talk! This needs to be rectified! What's Morgan Freeman charging these days for VO work?

#14 Posted by FoolishChaos (437 posts) -

@niko555 said:

always bums me out that the shameles copy of giantbomb is doing better than the real one.

What makes you say that?

#15 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

It's this BS that makes me momentarily glad the US has strict copyright laws. It's cool the guys take it in stride though and don't just pretend it doesn't exist.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

Yeah, I remember hearing about how Game Bomb is pretty popular during the BLLS. Good for them, I guess.

#17 Posted by MisterSamMan (364 posts) -

It's like the Cold War all over again. Who's a gamebombie? Speak up now.

Giant Bomb needs to start tagging videos and placing them under the Gaming category.

#18 Posted by SuperSambo (2863 posts) -

@niko555: A lot of video views on videos that have boobs in their preview doesn't make it more successful than GB.

#19 Posted by Winternet (8018 posts) -

Russia doesn't know better.

#20 Edited by niko555 (120 posts) -

@FoolishChaos said:

@niko555 said:

What makes you say that?

Well the fact that they have 200k subscribers on youtube and giantbomb only has 45k.

EDIT: Oh and we need a Russia dont care T-shirt

#21 Posted by vikingdeath1 (965 posts) -

That skinny animated Jeff on their youtube's background is Really freakin me out

#22 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:

It freaks me out too.@AlexanderSheen said:

Is there any other russian video game websites? Maybe they don't have rivals for viewcount.

Not really. I've stumbled across one or two, but they're rather like IGN (all around media) than a specified video game website.
#23 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3828 posts) -

the way they ripped off the Giantbomb review avatars.... AWESOME

#24 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Well now they have like 50 more clicks thanks to your link.

#25 Posted by Labman (288 posts) -

You mean this isn't the Game Bomb Russia website? I'm outta here man!

#26 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Imo Gamebomb is a better website than Giant Bomb.

#27 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Their youtube channel is covered in tits.

Connect the dots.

#28 Posted by Tennmuerti (8090 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

Their youtube channel is covered in tits.

Connect the dots.

naaaah too easy

#29 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@niko555 said:

@FoolishChaos said:

@niko555 said:

What makes you say that?

Well the fact that they have 200k subscribers on youtube and giantbomb only has 45k.

EDIT: Oh and we need a Russia dont care T-shirt

So you are stating people on youtube matter? 
#30 Edited by niko555 (120 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: Well no, but it atleast tells me there are a shitton of people that watch their videos and im guessing some amount of them visit the site to.

#31 Edited by iAmJohn (6119 posts) -

@antikorper said:

@AjayRaz said:

Not really. I've stumbled across one or two, but they're rather like IGN (all around media) than a specified video game website.

I don't remember who they are, but there's some other Russian website I've seen that had an incredible Rage review that replicated the texture pop-in with the text.

Here it is: http://www.ag.ru/games/rage-2011/review

#32 Posted by AlexW00d (6268 posts) -

Game Bomb have been much bigger than Giant Bomb for a while now. It's surreal.

#33 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@niko555 said:

@The_Laughing_Man: Well no, but it atleast tells me there are a shitton of people that watch their videos and im guessing some amount of them visit the site to.

And? Chances are like stated above its one of the only Russian video game websites. 
#34 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

How long until Game Bomb buys CBS?

#35 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Every time I visit that site I expect the Hell March to start playing

#36 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

@Winternet said:

Russia doesn't know better.

RUSSIA DONT CARE

#37 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

I don't remember who they are, but there's some other Russian website I've seen that had an incredible Rage review that replicated the texture pop-in with the text.

I find that honestly amazing. Very few websites can claim that they had the originality and ingenuity to come up with that idea (that is, none besides that one).

#38 Posted by niko555 (120 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@niko555 said:

And? Chances are like stated above its one of the only Russian video game websites.

Sorry i think i missused the word "popular" in my previous post.

I just meant that they probably had more hits on their site than giantbomb. not that they were actually any good.

Bad english sorry ):

#39 Posted by Pepsiman (2472 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

@iAmJohn said:

I find that honestly amazing. Very few websites can claim that they had the originality and ingenuity to come up with that idea (that is, none besides that one).

I really like how it's not just a one-time thing either; if you scroll back up, the text still has to pop in. My god, bravo to them!

#40 Posted by Ben_H (3352 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:

@antikorper said:

@AjayRaz said:

I gotta admit that's pretty amazing. 

It's crazy how huge Gamebomb is. And they're still using the super old version of the Whiskey site layout thinger.
#41 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3828 posts) -

@Pepsiman said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@iAmJohn said:

I really like how it's not just a one-time thing either; if you scroll back up, the text still has to pop in. My god, bravo to them!

Wow that is really funny. You win this round Russia.

#42 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Pepsiman said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@iAmJohn said:

Wow that is really funny. You win this round Russia.

Holy shit! Kudos Russia!

#43 Posted by Abendlaender (2802 posts) -

In soviet russia, bomb games you!

Wait...hold on, give me a minute I can work this out....

#44 Edited by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

@dungbootle said:

Russian here.

You know honestly? yeah. They're actually pretty solid. Opinionated, sure, and more aggressively opinionated I suppose, but I kind of like that. It's clear what they like and what they don't, and they don't mince words. You can disagree, and they'd probably call you a shithead for doing so, but you can still appreciate the enthusiasm they have for their opinions. But yeah, they put out a lot of content and for the most part they're pretty level-headed dudes

Know that I say this with the caveat that they are level-headed for Russians, which is a cultural difference I think most people wouldn't appreciate. If you start talking about certain subjects, to an American, they'll sound fucking insane. Things like piracy or intellectual property, for instance.

But yeah, they put up playthroughs of games that are pretty good and even funny sometimes, they do rundowns of the current new releases regularly, they go over news in their videos. I don't mean to point fingers and rag on the guys here, but the gamebomb guys do more.

They're less professional, I suppose. Mostly that just comes from the fact that they're younger, so maybe their language is occasionally too confrontational and not as passive as the language the giantbomb guys use. But I'll admit that more often than not, the content that the gamebomb guys put out is more relevant to me than what Giantbomb does. A big part of that is of course that I'm more interested in PC gaming, and Russia is more into that in general as well. So when I want to see how a game plays on pc, well, Giantbomb is kind of the last place I'd find out about that.

I still love Giantbomb obviously, I go here daily. I don't go to gamebomb daily. But when I do visit them, it's always pleasantly surprising how into it they are, how passionate they are about games, and I find myself losing a few hours to their content.

#45 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

What if...what if Giant Bomb were the ones who copied Game Bomb?

#46 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@ThatFrood said: 

I still love Giantbomb obviously, I go here daily. I don't go to gamebomb daily. But when I do visit them, it's always pleasantly surprising how into it they are, how passionate they are about games, and I find myself losing a few hours to their content.

You.......   You whore, how could you?
#47 Posted by Snail (8603 posts) -

@niko555 said:

They aren't, if you go to alexa.com you'll see that Giant Bomb has way more hits. This is probably due to the fact that it took years for Giant Bomb to start putting videos on YouTube - and premium users still have the option to use Giant Bomb's own video player (which right now from what I gather is pretty much just Gamespot's video player with some aesthetic differences - but that will change when the redesign comes around).

#48 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

@ThatFrood: Thanks for the insight.

#49 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

I wonder if their users think Giant Bomb is a shameless copy of their website.

#50 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

One of their videos has 240 comments. I mean, that's a ton.