Game Boy Advance usage....

LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By LeoMinor

I'm using my GBA SP alot lately and even though my DS lite has a GBA slot, I like the screen size and buttons better on my GBA SP.  It's also the newer backlit ones, so the brightness is just as nice as the DS's.  I guess I'm just wondering if you guys (or ladies) got rid of your GBA when the DS came out and do you play alot GBA games anymore?

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KingBroly

I don't play it that much anymore, but because of recent announcements I plan on going back to play Metroid Zero Mission and maybe Fusion (although I'd probably have to play this one on my GBA because Nightmare is really hard).  I plan on keeping it, though, even if they announced a DSi Virtual Console.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

I'm playing Aria of Sorrow in the GBA slot right now

@KingBroly said:
" I don't play it that much anymore, but because of recent announcements I plan on going back to play Metroid Zero Mission and maybe Fusion (although I'd probably have to play this one on my GBA because Nightmare is really hard) "
You're playing knightmare? I ordered it the other day. how is it? (other than hard)
LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By LeoMinor
@KingBroly said:
" I don't play it that much anymore, but because of recent announcements I plan on going back to play Metroid Zero Mission and maybe Fusion (although I'd probably have to play this one on my GBA because Nightmare is really hard).  I plan on keeping it, though, even if they announced a DSi Virtual Console. "
I'm actually playing Zero Mission right now.  Haven't played it in about four years.  Still awesome :)
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By choffy21

I just got done buying about $80 in GBA games for my GameBoy Micro within the past month on eBay

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By cdfishman

i always believe in playing a game on the console it was designed for, regardless of whether modern systems have backwards compatability.

I have an original GBA, and a micro (which I really like) and still from time to time get stuff second hand for it.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ
@cdfishman said:
" i always believe in playing a game on the console it was designed for, regardless of whether modern systems have backwards compatability.

I have an original GBA, and a micro (which I really like) and still from time to time get stuff second hand for it.
"
Would that be your excuse for not playing the *superior in every way* final fantasy remakes on the GBA? They really are exquisite. Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes and Resident Evil are other great examples of quality on a new platform
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

I play loads of game on my GB Micro.

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cdfishman
@AgentJ said:
"
@cdfishman said:
" i always believe in playing a game on the console it was designed for, regardless of whether modern systems have backwards compatability.

"
Would that be your excuse for not playing the *superior in every way* final fantasy remakes on the GBA? They really are exquisite. Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes and Resident Evil are other great examples of quality on a new platform
"
not quite, i mean in the way of if I had RE4 for the gamecube, I would not play that gamecube disc in the wii just as a matter of preference.

Again, playing a GBA cart in a DS feels kinda odd to me, hence my GBA micro, or a PS2 game in a PS3

i'm just kinda odd.

the remakes are all good. Loved Twin snakes and FF3
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
@cdfishman said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@cdfishman said:

"
"
not quite, i mean in the way of if I had RE4 for the gamecube, I would not play that gamecube disc in the wii just as a matter of preference.

Again, playing a GBA cart in a DS feels kinda odd to me, hence my GBA micro, or a PS2 game in a PS3

i'm just kinda odd.

the remakes are all good. Loved Twin snakes and FF3
"
I see. Thats an odd thing to me, but i suppose if i still had an SP most of my gameboy playing would be on that instead of the DS