Game Changers: Women Making Games (Event)

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vocalcannibal
No Caption Provided

Okay, here's the thing

After the recent creation of an Interactive Motion Arts major, my college has been absolutely dying to dive into the video games industry. Moore is the only women's art and design college in the United States, and helping promote female leadership and setting precedents in artistic fields for women is a pretty big deal here.

I'm not involved in this event in any way (I'm a fashion design major, so I'm not even tangentially related to this stuff), but I thought it was totally relevant to certain events in the video game community as a whole from this past year or so. I'm planning to attend in person, and I thought it deserved a little bit of a promo for those that might not have heard of it otherwise.

So here are some links!

Game Changers and Panelist Information

Event Registration (Free!)

It should be live streamed at www.moore.edu/gamechangers, which I can't link at the moment.

I can't make any promises about the quality of this event because most of the attendees will likely be between the ages of 18 and 22, but it's still nice to have a platform like this for women in the games industry! I also don't have all the answers about it but since I live in Philly and go to this school, I'm here to field basic questions if needed!

Hope there are some interested duders out there. 8)

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool! Its exciting to see colleges creating game design events! I hope it goes well.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By conmulligan

Sounds great! Hopefully that live stream works out. It looks like at least one of the panelists has seen some shit, so there should be some juicy war stories to go around:

Campbell would remain at Big Huge Games until the studio closed in 2012, but not before being the primary World Designer on the KOA: Reckoning DLC, The Legend of Dead Kel. Campbell then joined a number of Big Huge Games alumni at the Epic Games start-up, Impossible Studios, developing the dungeon-crawler iOS title,Infinity Blade: Dungeons. In 2013, however, that studio would also be shuttered.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatpinguino: Thanks! I definitely try to be cautiously optimistic myself, haha.

@conmulligan: And I sincerely hope that any Q&A goes well! I haven't lived on campus for the past two years, so I don't know how knowledgable anyone in the audience will be about 'juicy' goings-on in the video game industry. It'll definitely be an interesting experience either way, though!

Avatar image for gristlemcthornbody
GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds interesting, might check this out.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Very cool. Hope it goes well!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7 gamer_152  Moderator

It's actually really cool to know this shit is happening, I might check out the stream.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@vocalcannibal: Thanks for the heads up! Now to see if I can muster the will to walk 10 blocks in the cold. ;)

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#9  Edited By sammo21

Sounds cool, good luck on the stream. Hopefully I will be able to tune into the stream.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent: Yooo I feel that, man. Wednesday is the only day I don't have any classes, so it'll be a bummer to walk over on a day that I usually get to stay inside. The weather here has been just plain unreasonable.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Very neat idea, I hope it all goes brilliant and good luck.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's refreshing to see some actual action and not just tumblr activism. I kind of live on the other side of the world though, so won't be attending. Good luck!