#1 Edited by TerraMantis (283 posts) -

I was playing Metal Gear Solid a few weeks ago and I've seen some of the teasers for MGS5 which has a possible young Psycho Mantis in the game. I've always loved Psycho Mantis, I think he is one of gaming's best characters and I've always wondered about a game featuring gameplay as Psycho Mantis. He's a badass and I think it would be cool to play as him.

What other game characters do you think are awesome and wish you could play as?

#2 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

A hunter from Resident Evill.

#3 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3778 posts) -

Any Killer Instinct Character

Luigi in his off-time

Sunset Overdrive

#4 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

Officer Tenpenney from San Andreas. Why they've yet to let you play as a dirty cop in those games I haven't the foggiest notion. There's a goldmine of opportunity there.

#5 Posted by Grillbar (1904 posts) -

i think there was an old RE game where you played as the nemesis hunting down the other memebers or something like that or was that just a fever dream

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

The quest givers in WoW.

GET ME THIS GOLD!...

GOOD!

Here is a 3rd of that money as your reward. Im just gonna stay here.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

@grillbar: pretty sure the outbreak games let you play slas enemy units if your human character died. Although it was pointless because why would you want to antagonize the group you were just trying to help? Pretty sure you could play as a hunter but for sure you could play as a zombie.

#8 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@grillbar said:

@falserelic said:

i think there was an old RE game where you played as the nemesis hunting down the other memebers or something like that or was that just a fever dream

I've played most of all RE games, and I never seen it. Only games I can think of where you play as bio-weapons are..

Resident Evil- Operation Raccoon City

Resident Evil 6

They have multiplayer modes where you play as a bio-weapon.

#9 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@grillbar said:

@falserelic said:

I've played most of all RE games, and I never seen it. Only games I can think of where you play as bio-weapons are..

Resident Evil 6

Yes. None of the older ones let you play as one. Only those two stated.

#10 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I might be the odd gamer out, but i find, usually in games i find my self picking the character i want to play based on the characters i get to interact with.

For example, in BG2 i always end up picking male, even though I would love playing female. Because I want to have the female interactions.

#11 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

There's one RE character I always wish had his own game.

Hunk- He'll snap anyone's fucking neck up in an instant. He's a highly trained pure badass that will take you down with pure skillz. On top of that he is one of the luckiest RE character's outside of Jim ( from Outbreak). Hunk always succeeds in his mission, no matter the odds against him. There's a reason people call him Death.

Goddamn I just wish there was one RE game that was focus only on Hunk.

#12 Edited by The_Ruiner (1139 posts) -

I want and action game starring Guile. I want to fight the evil forces of Shadaloo. I want to Suplex a T-Rex.

Or, just put the guile hair back into Saint's Row...

#13 Edited by Nubikal (107 posts) -

Blasto the Hanar Spectre.

#14 Posted by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

@grillbar said:

@falserelic said:

Resident Evil 6

You could only (briefly) play as a zombie in Operation Raccoon City, much like the two Outbreak games. RE6 is the first to let you (attempt to) control the bigger BOW stuff.

#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@nubikal said:

Blasto the Hanar Spectre.

Yesssssss.

#16 Edited by Itwongo (1245 posts) -

@falserelic: read "skillz." Turned into Deadpool. Stopped reading.

#17 Posted by WarlordPayne (705 posts) -

Lady from Devil May Cry 3.

#18 Posted by randomcharachter (62 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: There is a online mod where you can be a Nemesis but that is a DLC and X-Box exclusive and he is also playable in UMVC 3

#19 Edited by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

@randomcharachter said:

@the_laughing_man: There is a online mod where you can be a Nemesis but that is a DLC and X-Box exclusive

I'm pretty sure you don't actually play as Nemesis and merely have him tag along as a friendly AI.

#20 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@yummylee said:

@randomcharachter said:

@the_laughing_man: There is a online mod where you can be a Nemesis but that is a DLC and X-Box exclusive

I'm pretty sure you don't actually play as Nemesis and merely have him tag along as a friendly AI.

I think you can take control of him, but I could be wrong.

#21 Posted by Zlimness (570 posts) -

I want a trading simulator with these guys as playable characters:

You have to buy and sell stuff to other non-playable main characters in the game.

#22 Posted by vrocket (15 posts) -

Jankowski, from the first F.E.A.R.

#23 Posted by Veektarius (5019 posts) -

I always wanted General Cid in my FFVI party, I guess.