#1 Posted by Tonbergum (16 posts) -

To anyone who has played both which is better? I've played Game Dev Story and loved it, is Game Dev Tycoon worth playing still prosit too much of a clone?

#2 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

To anyone who has played both which is better? I've played Game Dev Story and loved it, is Game Dev Tycoon worth playing still prosit too much of a clone?

Played it a fair amount today and its getting really complex later on. You can not only decide what engine but also mo cap, branching storylines, open world etc. basically everything today's games can do. Later on you can even create MMO's if you like^^

The management of your staff also getting very complex. There is also publishers, marketing and so on. Basically everything you want from such a game. There are even some random events like fans creating a fan game of your game and how you will handle it. It is really good so far.

#3 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1297 posts) -

Game Dev Story is pretty great

#4 Edited by ajamafalous (12124 posts) -

I haven't looked at anything about Tycoon, but I bought and played a decent amount of Story back when it first came out. It was fun while it lasted but it got to the point where I had my own consoles and literally every game I released won GOTY, so I stopped playing.

#5 Posted by alternate (2719 posts) -

Tycoon is a bit of a blatant copy of Story - but it is on PC at least, if you don't have the right smart phone.