#1 Edited by fuzzyponken (694 posts) -

So I stumbled over the Irrational Games podcast Irrational Behaviour (well, actually I sought it out since I absolutely love Shawn Elliott and had heard he was on it), and found it really interesting and well produced. I got to thinking that there are probably other game developers that produce good podcasts and was wondering if anyone had any tips to give. I know Blizzard has its BlizzCast but its very rarely updated (still good though).  

Bring it on. 

#2 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I used to listen to the Bungie podcast right before Halo 3 was released, it was pretty good.  I think I'm going to have to download that Irrational podcast, Shawn Elliott is a legend.

#3 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Bungie's  is good and talks a lot about the games and stuff but  I find Luke Smith annoying when he is on mainly he laughs too much, but I have never sought out any other podcast I think Naughty Dog did one but am not sure. 

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

I hope there's an episode of IB this month.  It's the first time a new one hasn't released on the 1st of the month.

#5 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @PeasantAbuse said:
" I used to listen to the Bungie podcast right before Halo 3 was released, it was pretty good.  I think I'm going to have to download that Irrational podcast, Shawn Elliott is a legend. "
Did they ever mention why Halo 3 was so boring? Just curious. "

No, but I wished they would have warned me.  Although I still occasionally play custom games with friends, which is not boring.
#6 Posted by Soulglove (145 posts) -

I was thinking of doing something like this down the road.

#7 Edited by Peacemaker (1104 posts) -

The only one I listen to is Irrational Behavior.  I recommend that to anyone who hasn't listened.  I'm pretty sure Insomniac has a podcast.  I haven't listened to it in a while but I remember it being pretty good.  Here it is.   

I guess they have a video format one too now.

#8 Posted by RogueBomber12 (105 posts) -

Isomniac's full moon podcast is pretty good. I fell behind so I don't know how good it still is.
#9 Posted by SourMillennia (43 posts) -

Insomniac's podcast is fairly good, as is Bungie's. I haven't listened to Insomniac's  in a while, but Bungie's is still in my listening rotation....they release only one podcast a month though (if that).

#10 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Firaxis has civilization 5 podcasts on the civ5 website

#11 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

The Bungie podcast is pretty good, but they release them so far and few between.

#12 Posted by FLStyle (4707 posts) -
#13 Posted by ch3burashka (5083 posts) -

Irrational has the best developer podcast. They also started a cross-developer chat podcast, with the first starring Todd Howard. Such geniuses.

#14 Edited by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

The Bungie podcast is always a great listen. Irrational is cool as well.

Edit: Almost forgot the Idle Thumb Podcast. Not a specific developer like these other ones, but it's Chris Remo from Gamasutra, Jake Rodkin who's a developer from Telltale Games and Steve Gaynor who's a developer from 2K Marin. Good stuff.

#15 Posted by shakra (252 posts) -

I just went through a few of the Bethesda podcasts and found them wonderful. The one with John Carmack was amazing.

#16 Edited by MonetaryDread (2035 posts) -

I second that Bethesda podcast vote.

#17 Posted by Spoonman671 (4641 posts) -

Zipper Interactive (MAG, Socom)  do a podcast every other friday.  It's hosted by Jeremy Dunham and Chris Roper, so fans of the old Podcast Beyond might want to check it out.

#18 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

I listen to the Irrational podcast.

#19 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -
#20 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1370 posts) -

Any advance on these? I enjoy the beth podcast and all of the irrational output of course. Surely there's more though, this seems like the kind of thing every big developer would do.