• 130 results
#51 Edited by TruthTellah (9124 posts) -

Double Fine. I know they won't do me wrong.

#52 Posted by Icemael (6321 posts) -

Cave. Or if I can pick game directors instead of studios, Shinji Mikami and Hideki Kamiya. All of these have produced nothing but gold for over a decade now. I'm not sure they could make a bad game if they tried.

#53 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Bohemia, I guess. They don't exactly release a lot of games but they support them completely and listen to the community.

#54 Posted by Sinusoidal (1520 posts) -

Treasure

#55 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

If by trust you mean blindly buy whatever they put out and if I really had to choose, then I would either go with Valve or Rockstar.

#56 Posted by probablytuna (3669 posts) -

It used to be Bioware. Now I don't even know anymore...

#57 Posted by Fire_Of_The_Wind (170 posts) -

FromSoftware.

#58 Posted by Nightriff (5088 posts) -

The Persona Team, everything they seem to touch turns into pure gold

#59 Posted by videogamesarenotart (121 posts) -

i really like KLEI entertainment, they did mark of the ninja and their way of developing "Don't Starve" is really awesome

#60 Posted by granderojo (1788 posts) -

Double Fine and Valve

I've never played a Double Fine or Valve game that wasn't at the very least interesting and every game they've made I would say is great. They've also both been making games for a long time at this point, longer than most which goes a long way for credibility. I will never not buy one of their games on release, if it has their name on the box, I'm buying it the first day.

#61 Posted by metalsnakezero (2297 posts) -

Atlus and not just the Persona Team. Never had a problem with them.

#62 Posted by Rowr (5668 posts) -

Hah this is one depressing-assed thread.

#63 Edited by Capum15 (4903 posts) -

Hmm. Valve, Rockstar and Bungie are the ones that come to mind immediately.

I would have included Westwood and Pandemic but they're gone. I don't think I ever have disliked a game from them that I bought.

#64 Posted by HH (610 posts) -

@capum15 said:

I would have included Westwood and Pandemic but they're gone. I don't think I ever have disliked a game from them that I bought.

Yeah Pandemic had my back for a good few years.

#65 Posted by believer258 (11923 posts) -

Huh. Most people are listing the studios that make their favorite games but I thought you meant "studio that I trust to not pull a bunch of bullshit".

Valve and CD Projekt Red, by the way.

#66 Posted by GunstarRed (5191 posts) -

Treasure. Even if I don't love all their games they always do something pretty interesting. I'd say Platinum second as they seem to have a very similar approach to game design, creative and stylish action games that tend to revolve around one core mechanic.

#67 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5495 posts) -

@believer258: It's almost like there's a correlation between liking games and trusting developers!!!

#68 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4679 posts) -

@icemael said:

Cave. Or if I can pick game directors instead of studios, Shinji Mikami and Hideki Kamiya. All of these have produced nothing but gold for over a decade now. I'm not sure they could make a bad game if they tried.

I like this answer. I think game directors is better than studios. I would pick those two as well over platinum games as a whole. Also the persona team I trust a lot. Although he only made one game I trust Jonathan Blow to made quality games.

#69 Posted by oldenglishC (957 posts) -

Quite a few. Valve is probably number 1. As much shit as they get, Blizzard has yet to let me down.

NIS, Compile Heart, Idea Factory and Atlus also have yet to let me down. If they have, it clearly wasn't important enough for me to remember lol. Granted, they don't always make the "best" games, but I don't think I've ever regretted anything I've bought from anyone of them.

Compile Heart? Really?

I'm right with you on the other three choices, but the three Compile Heart games I've tried were fucking awful. I mean like "I would rather tea bag a deep fryer than play another one of their games" awful. I'm not mad you enjoy their games, but I aggressively dislike their games so much that I have to chime in with my counter-point.

#70 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

It would honestly be Nintendo for me. A bit sketchy sometimes as a console manufacturer, but their first party titles are more reliable to me than anything else out there, although they're starting to test me with all these New Super Mario releases.

Valve would probably be my runner-up. Can't think of anything they've put out that I didn't like.

#71 Posted by SlashDance (1815 posts) -

2007 me : "Bioware !"

:-(

#72 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4212 posts) -

I'm just sad about Bioware because Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka aren't there anymore. Not because of Mass Effect 3, or even SWOTOR.

I love ME3, and the experience I had finally bringing my ME2 save.

#73 Edited by Crypt135 (68 posts) -

CD Projekt Red

#74 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

Trust no one. They all want your money.

#75 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4525 posts) -

@babychoochoo said:

Quite a few. Valve is probably number 1. As much shit as they get, Blizzard has yet to let me down.

NIS, Compile Heart, Idea Factory and Atlus also have yet to let me down. If they have, it clearly wasn't important enough for me to remember lol. Granted, they don't always make the "best" games, but I don't think I've ever regretted anything I've bought from anyone of them.

Compile Heart? Really?

I'm right with you on the other three choices, but the three Compile Heart games I've tried were fucking awful. I mean like "I would rather tea bag a deep fryer than play another one of their games" awful. I'm not mad you enjoy their games, but I aggressively dislike their games so much that I have to chime in with my counter-point.

lol, no worries, it's cool. I dunno, man. Like I completely realize that their games are, for the most part, terrible, but they have a certain inexplicable charm to them that resonates with me.

#76 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

@galiant said:

This^.

Brand loyalty is for suckers. :P

#77 Edited by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

Rockstar for sure. They've turned out nothing but gold the past decade. I would've said Blizzard before D3. Valve would be a close second and Bethesda. I know Bethesda constantly releases half-broken shit, but for me I am always interested in there games and always have dozens of hours of great entertainment.

#78 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (460 posts) -

In Valve I trust.

& DoubleFine for sure.

#79 Edited by dropabombonit (1490 posts) -

Naughty Dog because everything they do is pure gold. I will also go with the cliche answer of Rockstar and Valve

#80 Posted by Dacnomaniac (442 posts) -
#81 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Bungie.

#82 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Anything Ken Levine works on. This opinion is based solely on his magnificent facial hair.

Valve. Would've included Blizzard as well before D3.

Same. Valve seems pretty savvy and hasn't done anything to drive away fans yet. Blizzard burned a ton of goodwill with how they handled D3. Maybe they'll gain some of that back with PS4 Diablo.

#83 Edited by Jeust (10655 posts) -
  • CD Projekt Red
  • Edmund Mcmillen
  • Atlus

#84 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Valve and CD Projekt RED.

#85 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@ravenlight said:

Maybe they'll gain some of that back with PS4 Diablo.

Nah no chance. Damage has been done with their pathetic justifications of the always online part of the game and how badly they balanced around the auction house.

The PS3/PS4 versions having neither of them is just a slap in the face to those who had to put up with that shit on PC.

and honestly Blizzard deserve to get sued for still not releasing Diablo III multiplayer (you know the MOBA style vs stuff), it was an advertised feature...

#86 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2010 posts) -

CD Projekt RED. Other than that...

@galiant said:

#87 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11753 posts) -

I used to be able to say Bioware... not so much anymore I think. I guess I've never not enjoyed a game made by Intelligent Systems, Super Paper Mario being far too long for its own good notwithstanding.

#88 Edited by Nilazz (613 posts) -

Gearbox! They're trustworthy right? RIGHT?...

#89 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@icemael said:

Shinji Mikami and Hideki Kamiya. All of these have produced nothing but gold for over a decade now. I'm not sure they could make a bad game if they tried.

*raises hand* Also, Code Veronica X, at least on a technicality.

#90 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

Double Fine. They seem like the most genuine fuckers out there.

#91 Edited by Sweep (8865 posts) -

Valve and, to an extent, Nintendo. And though ThatGameCompany has only pushed out 3 games, I have loved all of them and the quality of each has been spectacular.

#92 Posted by LucidDreams117 (396 posts) -

Number 1 with a bullet: Rockstar Games, specifically Rockstar North. After that it's Bungie (though I have my doubts about Destiny) and though they're relatively new, it's mostly just the name that's new, 343i. Reading their weekly updates really gives insight into their side and they try to tell it like it is.

I'll echo another post and say how Bioware used to be up there, but I can't trust them anymore. Not after ME 3 and the way they took The Old Republic series. I'll give most of the blame to EA for that one. Ever since Bioware became part of that family, it's been downhill. Really sad actually.

#93 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Nintendo almost never makes games I think are bad so I'd go with them. Other good ones include Santa Monica Studio and Rockstar.

#94 Edited by Ares42 (2675 posts) -

The vast majority of developers out there hasn't made enough games to be able to gain any trust. Making 2-3 good games (and very often having black sheep or two) doesn't prove anything. There are only a few companies that's been around long enough to really make a real relationship with it's customers, and even most of them have enough of a shaky background to put any real trust in them. If anything I can trust companies like Blizzard or Rockstar only when it comes to what kinda experiences they are trying to deliver.

#95 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

@ares42 said:

The vast majority of developers out there hasn't made enough games to be able to gain any trust. Making 2-3 good games (and very often having black sheep or two) doesn't prove anything. There are only a few companies that's been around long enough to really make a real relationship with it's customers, and even most of them have enough of a shaky background to put any real trust in them. If anything I can trust companies like Blizzard or Rockstar only when it comes to what kinda experiences they are trying to deliver.

It's basically why I picked Nintendo, they've been doing this for a long time and I usually enjoy their games so they have my trust.

#96 Posted by Molenator85 (224 posts) -

Blizzard and Valve. I will buy blindly buy anything they have to offer.

#97 Posted by Superfriend (1557 posts) -

I trust Bethesda Softworks. As a developer, not a publisher.

They may not always make perfect games, but their games are always super interesting and seem tailor made for my exploration needs.

#98 Edited by Krullban (1036 posts) -

Rockstar

#99 Edited by TooWalrus (13206 posts) -

At this point, it's Atlus (specifically the Persona team). There's not a doubt in my mind that their next game is going to be fantastic.

#100 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

It has to be Valve. Almost everything those guys do is fantastically good and they have a respect for their fans and go out of their way to please them to a degree other companies just don't.