Game fanfics which changed how you viewed life

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Pepsiman

It's happened to all of us. You've gone to fanfiction.net, read a fan's take on the world of Harvest Moon/Halo/Pokemon/Boom Blox/Michael Jackson's Moonwalker/That Hentai Game You Used that Illegal Fan Translation On and have been moved to tears by their rendition of a game world you hold dear in your heart. You didn't know it was possible for such passion to be put into a mere fan effort, that they could do things better than even the developers themselves. Admit it; it's happened to you.

Let's post links to the most profound fanfics we've all stumbled upon over the course of our Internet-traversing.

I'll start with one for Desert Bus.

"The earmuffs were made of scientific discovery." Indeed they were.
LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By LAMP

There was a fanfiction for King of Fighters called The Color Purple that I could swear was like onehundred installments long. I made it to 40 before I realized what I was doing with my time.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Pepsiman
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond
Squirrelking made life worth living.

Honestly, I've never read much fanfiction.  Other than a little thing called Bubble Gum Pink by Overstreet (got it on usenet, back when people went on usenet to actually discuss things). 

Anyone remember what DYO means?  If anyone here can tell me, my head will explode.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By the8bitNacho

There actually are some good fanfiction out there.  This piece serves extremely well as a sequel to Persona 4, and there are some others I quite enjoyed in my time. 

Most fanfiction is crap, but if you find an especially well written one that is believable, it's just as valid as entertainment as anything else is.

Ashuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Ashuku
Pepsiman said:
"It's happened to all of us. You've gone to fanfiction.net, read a fan's take on the world of Harvest Moon/Halo/Pokemon/Boom Blox/Michael Jackson's Moonwalker/That Hentai Game You Used that Illegal Fan Translation On and have been moved to tears by their rendition of a game world you hold dear in your heart. You didn't know it was possible for such passion to be put into a mere fan effort, that they could do things better than even the developers themselves. Admit it; it's happened to you.

Let's post links to the most profound fanfics we've all stumbled upon over the course of our Internet-traversing.

I'll start with one for Desert Bus.

"The earmuffs were made of scientific discovery." Indeed they were.
"
That was the best thing I have ever read. 

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By danielkempster
Diamond said:
"Squirrelking made life worth living."
I second this. Full Life Consequences may be the most hilarious thing on the Internet.

KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By KingOfIceland
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By atejas

No John. You are the demons.

And then John was a zombie.

It's beautiful, really.

KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By KingOfIceland
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3278964/1/Steeped_in_Shadows

"Eventual yaoi. Pitxhumanoid Game&Watch. An angel with the desire to protect, and a lonely boy with a need for protection...have these two Smashers found love in the unlikeliest place? Rated T for suicide attempt."

I am now forcefully inserting knifes into my eyes. Now that's lifechanging
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By penguindust
Pepsiman said:
"It's happened to all of us. You've gone to fanfiction.net, read a fan's take on the world..."
As God is my witness, I have never done that.  I think I've only been to one fanfic website in my life, saw some "masculine" Harry Potter stuff and moved on.  But, back in high school, before the internet was what it is today and everyone communicated via BBS, I used to write some Star Wars stuff from the view of a Rebel Alliance regular infantryman.  I was reading a lot of military biographies at the time and wondered what kind of story would be told if the graphic realism detailed in Robert Mason's Chickenhawk was shifted to the Star Wars universe. 

Anyway, back to topic, I can't offer any game related fanfac...well, I have seen a fair amount of fan produced manga based on video games and game characters, but I'm pretty sure none of that can be mentioned here.  It's naughty. 
NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By NukeGoBoom

Its amazing how this isnt a troll thread...

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#13  Edited By TobyD81

"Yuri almost fell over when she tried to jump out of the bathtub grabbed for a towel.  Each of her hands moved independently of the other..." Did they, now? *o_O
And then the totally mundane description of putting on a bra. Damn, this thing is bad.