#51  Edited By mscupcakes
Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Bane122

God of War, Killzone, Splinter Cell, Demon's/Dark Souls, and most especially Half-life.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ProfessorEss said:

@CL60 said:
@OtakuGamer

@CaLe said:

Adults playing pokemon. I can see why kids enjoy it.

It’s a hipster’s tool into deluding himself/herself into thinking he/she is a nerd.

Uhhh.. No.
Real hipsters play Tamagotchi.

Hipsters are totally about Digimon. "You know, Digimon actually came before Pok-" Shut the fuck up. Greymon can never be as cool as Charizard. Silly hipsters.

Skunkboy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Skunkboy72

Haters Gonn' Hate

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By groin

The Halo series.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Nottle

I don't really have many in mind. If people like something thats up to them. Every game mentioned so Far I've had fun with. I guess I don't really get Fable. Kind of bores me. But usually when I'm not good or don't like something I'm hesitant to call it bad.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Levius

All the loot based games, I just don't get them. I don't see the appeal of arbitrarily increasing numbers, which don't affect the usually average gameplay.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ravenlight

@Cincaid said:

Metal Gear Solid franchise. I simply cannot fathom how people can hold that story to such heights, it's so damn pretentious and convoluted, and I feel that Kojima is in bad need of a talented editor to cut away all the crap in-between.

But hey, that's my opinion, and I mean no offense to all the fans of the franchise. I just personally can't understand what all the hype is about. :)

The appeal of Metal Gear for me is to see through the pretentious bullshit and discover that there's actually kind've a neat story buried under it all.

It would be 100% more accessible with a decent editor like you said, though.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mak_wikus

I can't get into Bioshock. The first one has been sitting on my hard drive for two years now, but I played maybe 2 hours of it. I can see the appeal, the story seems interesting(and brainy which usually is a plus for me!), the setting, the art style n' all, but I just... I dunno, I can't get into it for some reason...

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ravenlight

Oh shit, I forgot to hate on something.

I don't see how any self-respecting adult would enjoy Kingdom Hearts. It's just a huge Square wank-fest with Disney characters included for some reason.

Bojangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Bojangle

Not a franchise, but I just don't get Limbo. I've played it from start to finish and the whole experience just wasn't fun. It had a cool art style I guess? Gameplay wise though it was just awful. One of the most over rated games of recent times if you ask me.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#62  Edited By shinboy630

@mak_wikus said:

I can't get into Bioshock. The first one has been sitting on my hard drive for two years now, but I played maybe 2 hours of it. I can see the appeal, the story seems interesting(and brainy which usually is a plus for me!), the setting, the art style n' all, but I just... I dunno, I can't get into it for some reason...

I feel the same way, although I may force myself to play through it before Infinite comes out, even though the stories are not related.

As for my pick, Assassin's Creed. The bits that I have played both of AC2 at a friend's house and a PC copy that I "acquired" never really grabbed me, and I think the overarching story and sci-fi stuff is the stupidest shit ever.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By tim_the_corsair

GTA

3 was a revolution of graphics and open world, and that's fine, but it was a mediocre game, and the subsequent ones were all mediocre as well.

Rockstar just layer dumb mechanics and crappy graphics over shitty gameplay and horrible, HORRIBLE story and characterisations, and yet everyone lines up to metacitically fellate them because, oh look, now you're eastern european!

Bad shooting, bad driving, nothing but filler and poor story telling. Just Cause 2 and Saints Row 3 were far, FAR better open world games than all the GTAs combine.

Rockstar are so overrated it is laughable.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@OtakuGamer said:

@CaLe said:

It’s a hipster’s tool into deluding himself/herself into thinking he/she is a nerd.

I dunno that that's the case. A lot of the animation majors at my school really liked that franchise still. They were definitely not hipsters.

I live in Brooklyn and, come to think of it, I don't think I actually know any hipsters who also play video games. Most of them just do cocaine. Lots of it.

@shinboy630: I am so torn over Assassin's Creed because I actually tend to have fun with them (my history nerdiness also enjoys them), but the story is some of the silliest shit of all time. When the

alien hologram thing turned directly towards the camera at the end of 2 and started going off about 2012, I couldn't decide if I was watching the greatest stupid thing to ever happen in a game or just the most stupid thing.
Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Sbaitso

Things I don't get:

-Threads like these.
-People not "getting" why things are cool, or well liked, or whatever.
-People hating on things to seem cool or something.
-Gamers with no sense of a "middle ground". For some people it seems games are either the greatest thing ever and everyone should agree with them, or they're dogshit and everyone who likes it is stupid.

I don't get it. It's probably just a byproduct of communicating on a forum, but people on here often seem very close minded to me. There is fun to be had in just about any game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By toowalrus

I hate the games that you like.

Also, I found God of War really fuckin' boring, I've only played half of the first one, but from what I've seen of the others, it's more of the same.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Vexxan

Assassin's Creed, Killzone, Resistance.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AngelN7

Oh man for a second I thought the [games you hate!] threads were in decline let's keep the hate-radio at a steady pace.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By Drebin_893

World of Warcraft.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Modern war shooters

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#71  Edited By shinboy630

@CrossTheAtlantic: I'm going to go with that latter in regards to what's in the spoiler box. I laughed really hard when you are like "None of what you are saying makes sense." because that is exactly what I was thinking in that moment.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By rubberluffy

@Sbaitso said:

Things I don't get: -Threads like these. -People not "getting" why things are cool, or well liked, or whatever. -People hating on things to seem cool or something. -Gamers with no sense of a "middle ground". For some people it seems games are either the greatest thing ever and everyone should agree with them, or they're dogshit and everyone who likes it is stupid. I don't get it. It's probably just a byproduct of communicating on a forum, but people on here often seem very close minded to me. There is fun to be had in just about any game.

Exactly. This thread is terrible.

DirtyEagles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DirtyEagles

games about sports

go outside and play sports!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By kindgineer

Nothing really, I'm at the point in my life where I have the wisdom to just understand people have different tastes than I. However, that still doesn't mean I "accept" certain genres - namely the "overly" adult ones.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Eh, I'd have to say I don't get Half-life 2 and its episodes- if only because of how that series is living proof that people don't care about AI quality. :(

Half-life 1 I can understand- Half-life 2 and its episodes... Not so much. :|

But that's just me- especially since I can't deny that Half-life 2 does have some strengths. :D

@Sbaitso said:

Things I don't get:
-Threads like these.
-People not "getting" why things are cool, or well liked, or whatever.
-People hating on things to seem cool or something.

Well... This IS the internet... The internet thrives on extremes and negativity. :P

That and...

@Sbaitso said:

-Gamers with no sense of a "middle ground". For some people it seems games are either the greatest thing ever and everyone should agree with them, or they're dogshit and everyone who likes it is stupid. I don't get it. It's probably just a byproduct of communicating on a forum, but people on here often seem very close minded to me. There is fun to be had in just about any game.

That actually has a lot to do with how some people are educated and raised:

- Schools don't teach the difference between objectivity and subjectivity... (Until SENIOR COLLEGE LEVEL. And even then- only if you're a communications major.)

- A lot of people are raised to think they are 'special,' which often results in making them think that their opinion matters more than others... When it really doesn't.

- All matters considered- you sometimes have to keep in mind that many people often only work with their own perspective, and nobody else's.

So it's actually not just a byproduct of the internet and forums- its a byproduct of how some people are raised and educated. The internet does accentuate these issues due to the presence of anonymity- but its not the main cause of them. (Given how the bulletpoints above only apply to some people- not the internet as a whole. :) )

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deadmanforking

@DirtyEagles: I feel the same about shooters! Just go outside and shoot people!

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By A_Dog
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By BraveToaster

Uncharted. I couldn't finish playing the first one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Killzone, I just find it to be mediocre compared to most shooters. Graphics are pretty though. Also killzone is a terrible name. I don't want to go into a store and buy something named Killzone.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By cmblasko

@Inkerman said:

Final Fantasy, it's just a cgi fest with a convoluted (and usually pretty shitty) storyline and terrible fight mechanics.

Final Fantasy 6 had so many boring CGI scenes. Story was really confusing too.

@DirtyEagles said:

games about sports

Go find 21 of your closest friends, a 100 yard field, 2 goal posts, and an official instead of booting up your 360.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Uncharted, Gears of War, any number of those generic modern war shooters.

They're not necessarily horrible games, I just don't understand how anyone could want to play so many of these dammed things. Cover based shooting, third or first person is just incredibly monotonous.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#82  Edited By BeachThunder

@DirtyEagles said:

games about sports

games about shooting people

go outside and shoot people!

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#83  Edited By Dylabaloo
@CaLe said:

The strategy in Pokemon can actually go insanely deep, but i'd say one of the main draws is the levelling up and collection (Trading is a important factor allowing the venue to show off and show your friends you kick-ass) aspect with Pokemon probably being most kids introduction to these highly addictive mechanics (Similar to what makes WOW so addictive) this inherently gives it that nostalgia factor, throw in a kid friendly T.V Show and a new game every few years and you got one addictive ass piece of work.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d557b323a6f7
deactivated-5d557b323a6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, you guys are hatin' hard on Pokemon huh? I just wanted to see if there was a prevailing franchise but you guys are dropping names I totally didn't expect to see.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Anund

Halo. I bought Halo 3 because of the hype but I never made it more than a couple of hours into the story.

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Zenogiasu

Fable. Granted, I haven't played the third one (which actually looks all right). I generally enjoy the typical fantasy setting, but something about the world of Albion comes off as especially boring. I just don't care.

I can feel Peter Molyneux over my shoulder, watching while I play, and just saying "No, dammit. Zenogiasu, you just don't get it."

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By maginnovision

3rd person shooters. I've never liked them. Also not a fan of assassins creed. I have bought some of them, but after an hour or two I just hate myself for playing them.

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By falconpunch

NHL games

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By HerbieBug

League of Legends.   Are there only one of those?  Or multiple iterations?

I've never played it, and I don't entirely have a clear understanding of what it is exactly, so maybe I ought to look. 

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By HerbieBug
@BeachThunder said:

@DirtyEagles said:

games about sports

:D
ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ModernAlkemie

@BeachThunder said:

@DirtyEagles said:

games about sports

But I've got to practice on my murder simulator first!

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#92  Edited By Mystyr_E

@HerbieBug: it's a MOBA game, there's been others like Heroes of Newerth, Dota 2 etc. LoL is the easiest to get into but the community is ass.

But maybe I just haven't really played enough of it but everytime I played Civilization, I don't get so neck deep into it as everyone else.

savepoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#93  Edited By savepoint

Just about any Fighting games (Street Fighter, MK, Virtua Fighter)... just a bunch of button mashing in a small arena over and over. I've never understood the appeal.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

I've heard Jeff talk about Skylanders being a cool thing for a good bit back when it was fresh, and I still don't get the appeal whatsoever. I haven't played the game, so I can't say anything about that perspective, but it's just more about how they are issued as these "toys." It's just fancy DLC, right? I thought kids liked action figures, plush dolls, things with movable joints and limbs. Why would kids go apeshit over what are practically statuettes?

High_Nunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By High_Nunez

I'm ambivalent about threads like these because it makes me wonder what people actually do like in contrast to what they say they don't like.

EDIT: Oh, and Saint's Row.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mystyr_E said:

@HerbieBug: it's a MOBA game, there's been others like Heroes of Newerth, Dota 2 etc. LoL is the easiest to get into but the community is ass.

ALL MOBA communities are bad. And the scary thing is that LoL arguably has the 'best' of the MOBA communities. It at the very least has the fewest leavers out of all the MOBA communities in my experience.

Dota 2 on the other hand... Almost literally every game- there is guaranteed to be at least 1 leaver or rager. Guaranteed. -_-

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#97  Edited By Mystyr_E

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka: true but most of the time I find Dota 2 players, when they're not leaving, tend to not say anything unless you're doing something really stupid. HoN players go after you for everything. "Omg, you didn't deny that creep? Uninstall kid!" LoL players whine about everything

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#98  Edited By TehFlan

First off, Pokemon is great.

What I don't understand is why military shooters are as huge as they are. I can see enjoying a first person shooter, but I fail to understand why people buy the same game every year. I suppose that goes for Madden as well.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By fourby

kingdom hearts kingdom hearts kingdom hearts.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By bybeach

The later FF games. I sort of understand the earliar ones, I would even consider playing one. But it seemed their taking themselves hyper serious and being so overwrought in such was in inverse to their admitted later good graphics. FF games are pretty..but so are other things i can try to deal with.