• 149 results
VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By VicRattlehead

a friend of mine had his hours completely slashed to 8 hours a week from like full time hours.... they are done for...

im pretty angry i have to re preorder it now considering ive had it preordered with game from like the day it went up, but ahh well shopto's wee email with a picture of your parcel makes me laugh so i guess id rather buy from there

Avatar image for deactivated-5920db24c8cbf
deactivated-5920db24c8cbf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Jaytow said:

Play never get games to you day 1 so I wouldn't get it from there. I ordered from shopto. £65 + they seem to be good for day one delivery.

ShopTo are great for day one delivery, and they've shipped me games like Portal 2 early.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By IkariNoTekken

Wasn't the information that came out of the Ubisoft ordeal, stating that is was actually Ubisoft's choice. They didn't want to put stock in a store that was failing.

Anyone remember Woolworths, the closing down sales and most specifically all the stock delivery that were returned? The publisher prints for demand, it then expects to get sales and profit in return, not all of the items back because the store no longer exists.

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#54  Edited By SpaceKangaroo

Glad ShopTo got some copies, they've all I've used for the past few years. I wasn't too bothered about Collectors Edition till I heard what the DLC was (at this point GAME were out of stock).

Shame to see the inevitable happen to GAME but hey, they drove some awesome independent game stores out of where I live so whatever.

The_Big_Rough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By The_Big_Rough

Wonder how this will go for the GAME stores down here in Aus, based on the prices of games down here and people for some reason still pay it dont see them going anywhere.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#56  Edited By KowalskiManDown

@Chris86 said:

@Jaytow said:

Play never get games to you day 1 so I wouldn't get it from there. I ordered from shopto. £65 + they seem to be good for day one delivery.

ShopTo are great for day one delivery, and they've shipped me games like Portal 2 early.

I can confirm this too. ShopTo are fantastic for getting games to you on time. In fact, getting games a day early is a pretty common occurrence. Strongly recommend.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By StrikeALight

@Creamypies said:

@Chris86 said:

@Jaytow said:

I can confirm this too. ShopTo are fantastic for getting games to you on time. In fact, getting games a day early is a pretty common occurrence. Strongly recommend.

Shopto have spoiled me over they years. I'm actually dissapointed my SSX pre-order didn't arrive today.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SamStrife

I'm just concerned that me and my GF have a fair bit of money on vouchers for them. One of the first things struggling companies do is refuse to allow store credit. As long as I can buy our copies of SSX from them on friday with these vouchers I should be OK :/

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By RobertOrri

Wow. Those dicks.

(And EA are also dicks for granting exclusive collector's edition sales privileges to a dying retailer that screws over its customers all the time)

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By boboblaw

Who the fuck still pre-orders from game/gamestation?

Horrible stores/staff/bloated prices.

Shopto and Amazon are pretty much the only places I have bought from in the last few years. Shopto is great for pre-ordering games (usually very cheap and delivered a day or more earlier)

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By Vorbis

They deserve everything they get after their treatment of THQ. Maybe now we can pre-order games on Steam when we want to. Let them burn.

Alpha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By Alpha1

@StrikeALight said:

@Chris86 said:

I'm amazed by the number of people who don't seem to get what's going on here.

Read the story, this is not just GAME refusing to stock Mass Effect 3, this is GAME saying that from now on they will not stock ANY EA games. That is not a decision a store takes, that is a situation that a store is forced into when they have no money and are about to go under.

GAME is dead. I feel sorry for all the employees.

Yup, no Nintendo first-party exclusives, Ubisoft and EA titles for the forseeable future.

Now Mario Party 9 wont be available at Game and Gamestation.

Might as well lock doors turn the lights off and pull down the shutters..

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/now-mario-party-9-skips-game-and-gamestation/091955

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

This has to be the beginning of the end for GAME. If they can't stock games like that, they're screwed.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

And now the just lost a returning customer. Seriously they can't fucking tell me that a week before the game comes out after I preordered the collectors edition months ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I expected GAME to go under for some time now, after they closed all stores in Denmark. Which was a shame because my local GAME store was a pretty awesome store and it was actually doing quite well, but GAME pulled out of Denmark and the store went down with the ship...

GolazoDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GolazoDan

I know they're stocking SSX but as soon as I saw reports of things going awry I cancelled the preorder and went to Amazon. What a horrendous state of affairs. Of all the games to fail to provide to your customers.

ZeroSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ZeroSignal

Damn. Time to stop screwing around and spend my 20400 reward points (around £50 worth).

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Nitrocore

I always order my games from Game's website, and they appear to be still advertising it on there so this doesn't make much sense, unless it only applys to the Game stores themselves.

ZeroSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ZeroSignal

@Nitrocore: If you try and add the PS3 collectors edition to your basket, a popup says "The product "136413" cannot be ordered."

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By zeforgotten

GAME, they just lost it. 

Yeah! Up Top!... Hello?

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not giving a refund seems annoying, I wouldn't want store credit.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By gatehouse

This was totally coming, but I never expected anything quite as big as this. Feel sorry for their employees really, job market sucks at the minute. Totally gonna miss going into their shops and the occasional offers were kinda great. That said, now I can get my N7 edition from ShopTo (a company I'd never heard off) for £10 cheaper than I would have got it through an Irish Gamestop (I was forced there after GAME ran out of pre-orders).

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Eidderf

Honestly I only ordered Mass Effect CE from them because there was no alternative, I had an awful experience with them over the Christmas period of them sending me the wrong item and having to send several emails to their customer service to get them to even respond. It ended up taking nearly 2 months to get it sorted, I can understand it's a busy period but to not even respond to my emails is stupid.

That being said the people who work in my local game shop have always been quite friendly and helpful despite the prices being a bit too high so it's a shame that they'll be out of a job if the company does go under.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#74  Edited By Rekt_Hed

Ohhhhhhhhh FUCK! guess I need to cancel my pre order for max payne 3 collectors edition right NOW!

.....God dammit GAME was better than amazon in that they could get a game sent out to you a day before release date if you pre ordered it. Fuck. Fuck fuck. And id just used £20 worth of points into that max pane 3 pre order.

Once again....fuck

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By fattony12000

@Gatehouse said:

That said, now I can get my N7 edition from ShopTo (a company I'd never heard off) for £10 cheaper than I would have got it through an Irish Gamestop (I was forced there after GAME ran out of pre-orders).

ShopTo are sick, I've been using them for about five years or so. You usually get your games early, and cheaply (I got Gears of War 2 a week early from them).

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Fallen189

@TrueEnglishGent said:

I can't remember the last game I bought from a GAME in-store.

GAME have two stores a short distance apart from each other and a Gamestation store in a mall near me, they use to have another small section in a debenhams. So at one point they technically had four stores in one pretty small mall all things considering, it's madness. No wonder they are struggling. There in-store prices are a joke.

That's what it's like in Manchester Centre aswell.

CornishRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#77  Edited By CornishRocker

Can't wait for GAME and their shitty prices and pre-order bonuses to disappear. If they can't stock EA games, then it's already started happening.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By Tylea002

So, this is angering for obvious reasons, but I'm more concerned because I cannot find Mass Effect 3 collectors edition on Amazon.co.uk yet, will it be going up sometime today or is it better to order from Shopto or something?

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

Zavvi has just sent me an email about their new EA Extras Club, including double reward points on all EA titles going forward and exclusive content. GAME are doomed.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Vorbis

@Eidderf said:

Honestly I only ordered Mass Effect CE from them because there was no alternative.

As others have said, ShopTo are selling CE still and it arrives on release day. I had no idea about the site until this thread but people seem very positive about them.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By RobertOrri

@dekkadekkadekka said:

Zavvi has just sent me an email about their new EA Extras Club, including double reward points on all EA titles going forward and exclusive content. GAME are doomed.

The reward points are pretty lame. Even if it's double, you're only getting a total of £1.29 or so back in credit if you order the CE.

Anyway, Amazon just put up a page for the ME3 N7 edition...(Xbox 360) - act fast, currently priced at £55.88!

EDIT: Looks like they're gone. The site is at least not allowing orders now. Man, that happened quickly.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By cookiemonster

I don't think I've purchased a game from game/gamestation in years. It was just so much cheaper everywhere else (even HMV for christ's sake) and online. However, I think if they go out of business, that will just lead to a price hike in games everywhere else, especially with the high street stores (looking at you again, HMV).

Also, refunding people that have preordered it with just in store credit is pretty shitty.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SamStrife

@Fallen189: And Medowhall in Sheffield. There's also a Gamestation store there and that's owned by the GAME company.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Tylea002

@RobertOrri: It's not letting me add it to the basket, but I'm keeping trying! Tense.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By RedRoach

I would be so pissed if I preordered there. For people who are pretty broke and only have money to buy 1 or 2 games a year. If they preordered there, they can't get the game they want. They don't have the money to buy it because they spent it all at GAME, and that store credit obviously can't get them the game they want.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By 49th

Wow, they might as well close down at this point. I could understand the Vita games but Mass Effect 3 is going to be a pretty big.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Jimbo
@Matt said:

The writing has been on the wall for a while now. In a way it's going to be sad to lose GAME but they did it to themselves.

Yep, they're fucked. I agree that it's largely their own doing.
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88  Edited By Sooty
@Vorbis said:

@Eidderf said:

Honestly I only ordered Mass Effect CE from them because there was no alternative.

As others have said, ShopTo are selling CE still and it arrives on release day. I had no idea about the site until this thread but people seem very positive about them.

ShopTo were fucking amazing in 2009, brand new games like Killzone 2 for £27 coming before release date. I'm less fond of them now as they pretty much sell games at RRP which is a little bit annoying, but every online store has to now it seems. Shitty economy or whatever.
Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By dekkadekkadekka
@RobertOrri

@dekkadekkadekka said:

The reward points are pretty lame. Even if it's double, you're only getting a total of £1.29 or so back in credit if you order the CE.

Anyway, Amazon just put up a page for the ME3 N7 edition...(Xbox 360) - act fast, currently priced at £55.88!

Oh I don't care about the points I just thought it was amusing that they're dancing on the soon-to-be corpse of GAME.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By eroticfishcake

I don't think GAME in Ireland are affected since they were taking ME3 CE pre-orders just a few days ago. It's kind of a bummer really, I like GAME. At least, the ones in Ireland are great. Much better then Gamestop. HMV are good but they have the tiniest PC section ever.

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#91  Edited By Ursus_Veritas

Just re-pre-ordered the N7 Edition through Amazon, although they seem to have taken it back down - maybe because of the price, £15 off is pretty good! - but I've had an e-mail confirmation so hopefully it's sorted and secure now. 

I'm not surprised by GAME going under, and I do feel sorry for all the people there who are about to lose their jobs, but the way this has been handled is absolutely terrible. I've still received nothing from them about my own order being cancelled or about the Mass Effect 3 stuff in general. To do this just over a week before launch is such a mess.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#92  Edited By Yummylee

Since I only order online these days (Me n shopto got a thang going on), GAME already might as well not exist. But naturally there's a lot of jobs going under, though, and that's the tragedy of it all =/

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Eidderf

@Vorbis: Yeah I've pre-ordered through shopto now, I've used them a couple times and they seem to be pretty good for prices and getting things out on release.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By dazzhardy

**** me. After all the hoops I had to jump through to get Game to let me order the N7 edition, this **** happens and now I've had to re-order it through Amazon. Should of seen this coming after last week and them emailing me on Saturday to say my copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia ml.II, that I only ordered through them because I had points to use up, had been cancelled because they weren't stocking it.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By FritzDude

Game over I guess?

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#97  Edited By Chemin

That's a major blow they're taking. One of the biggest games of the year I would presume, and not stocking it is suicide.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By BrockNRolla

That is ROUGH. What exactly do they think they are going to accomplish?

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By dazzhardy

@BrockNRolla:

They're in a bad shape financially, so I'm assuming not go Bankrupt.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MikkaQ

GAMEOVER YEAAAAaAAAaAAAAAAH!

Still if the company really is going under, and it sure as hell looks like it, I feel pretty bad for the staffers there. But I assume they could see the writing on the walls for a while, hope they're job hunting before unemployment.