#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

It's silly, but I think this was a fascinating video to watch and hear impressions from people who don't follow video games very closely and get their take on the whole PS4 vs. Xbox One debacle.

Several people haven't heard of them, naturally, while others have but get several details wrong between the two consoles.

The response isn't overwhelmingly positive for one side or the other, but the "evil" tinge is mostly associated with the Xbox One and not the PS4.

In any case, the response is much better here than in the similar Wii U video Game Informer did a month before its launch where practically no one had heard about it.

#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I think the "Evil" Thing is more geared to MS and not the X1 its self. MS has been "Evil" For a nice wile in the peoples eyes.

But ya it is funny to watch. The damn systems need to come sooner rather then later.

"What do you guys think about Egypt?"

#3 Edited by shinjin977 (743 posts) -

@fluxwavez: Surprisingly positive for ps4. This is big now that the perception of "evil" Xbox gets out to the general public. MS needs a grade SSS PR team on the case. Right now if they still care. Quite worrying for the competitiveness of the next box.

#4 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Sounds like most people don't really care and those who do moderately know anything simply follow the norm of "Microsoft and Xbox are greedy." Not really surprised though.

#5 Posted by CornBREDX (4754 posts) -

That's kind of how I figured non gamer people saw it.

Either they hear about it from gamer friends or it's completely irrelevant information to them.

#6 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2857 posts) -

Good video! Thanks for the post broseph.

#7 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

@the_laughing_man said:

I think the "Evil" Thing is more geared to MS and not the X1 its self. MS has been "Evil" For a nice wile in the peoples eyes.

But ya it is funny to watch. The damn systems need to come sooner rather then later.

"What do you guys think about Egypt?"

I like Military Coupes?

EDIT: (please note the feeble attempt at humor of my post before whining about spelling.)

#8 Posted by Dot (163 posts) -

6:12 I started laughing my ass of at that! The cameraman zooms out at the perfect time.

#9 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I hate all of these people.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

Because it's about time somebody brought video game journalism up to the standards of broadcast journalism.

#11 Posted by JasonR86 (9579 posts) -

@mcghee:

Come McGhee, put a little love in your heart.

#12 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@mcghee:

Come McGhee, put a little love in your heart.

shh, I'm playing the cynical asshole right now

#13 Posted by TastyBread (39 posts) -

In the end, I think regular consumers will make their decision playing the consoles at store kiosks and checking out the launch line ups. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox cleans ups this holiday despite the price. Regular people don't care about the politics and the launch lineup for the Xbox is pretty impressive.

#14 Posted by mrfluke (5046 posts) -

really interesting to see the not always online non internet board people think of the xbox,

#15 Posted by JackSukeru (5897 posts) -

5:22 amused me greatly.

#16 Posted by Otleaz (45 posts) -

The interviewer is a douche.

#17 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2305 posts) -

I sort of envy these people.

#18 Posted by Zirilius (566 posts) -
#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@jacksukeru said:

5:22 amused me greatly.

My first thought was that she needs to play Lollipop Chainsaw.

#20 Edited by csl316 (7963 posts) -

Great video, 7:00 was incredibly insightful. Seemed a lot more positive than the Wii U one.

And I'd like to point out that outside of GB, Game Informer has the most likeable staff on these video game website places. Street comedy!!

#21 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1908 posts) -

Yep Mattrick really fucked up this one. Good luck Zynga! ha ha

#22 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

That was fairly entertaining

#23 Posted by Fattony12000 (6951 posts) -

I love Ben.

#24 Posted by oodli (88 posts) -
@csl316 said:

Great video, 7:00 was incredibly insightful. Seemed a lot more positive than the Wii U one.

And I'd like to point out that outside of GB, Game Informer has the most likeable staff on these video game website places. Street comedy!!

Videogamer.com guys are pretty good too, especially Matt Lees.

#25 Edited by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

@mcghee said:

I hate all of these people.

The Red Wedding reaction video people made me want to kill the world.

#26 Posted by Sgtpierceface (608 posts) -

@otleaz said:

Not even close.

#27 Posted by Maajin (1052 posts) -

What a bunch of nice people. I love all of them. And Ben.

#28 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

"So what if I told you that Minecraft was coming to the new consoles -the new Xbox?"

"That would be cool."

"Would you buy an Xbox One just for that?"

"Nope!"

#29 Edited by Otleaz (45 posts) -

@sgtpierceface said:

@otleaz said:

Not even close.

He consistently treated the people he was interviewing like idiots for some really cheap laughs. He is a complete douche.